• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Illinois Governor charged....

Guest Guest

• Members
I am not reading all the postings but as a former Illinois resident I knew the governor Rod was little goofy in some way but didn't know why now I know why LOL.

Where about in IL are you from? I last lived in Pontiac, but prior to that I mostly lived in the south or southwest suburbs of Chicago. Moved to SW MO 2 1/2 years ago to escape the Chicago-like winters, but down here we've had ice storms the past 2 winters that have not been nice.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Senate-for-sale case threatens new chief of staff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081220/ap_ ... or_emanuel

I still think politics is a dirty business to be in, no matter what party their in.

Sadly, politics has been a self-fulfilling prophecy that we born-again Christians have also been guilty in helping to come to fruition.

We say, politics is corrupt and dirty and therefore I will not get involved or run for office. Guess, what? When this happens the corrupt and dirty are all that is left.

Perhaps the born-again Christian should pray, seek God's face and if led run for office and allow God to do his righteous work through that person.

Nah, it's better to put ones head in the sand and "hunker" down! {you are right, my last comment was sarcastic.......sometimes that's the only way to get through to the gray matter)

• Members

People in a political offices, more especially offices such as congressman or president, its not a good place to be if you want to abstain from ALL appearances of evil.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

1 Thess 5:21-22 (KJV)

• Members

Where the worldly are in charge we should expect corruption and evil.

If a Christian feels called into politics then they should follow the will of God. If not, they shouldn't get involved just because they want to.

That said, one of the main reasons politics is so corrupt across the entire country these days is because Christians, who once dominated politics, removed themselves and allowed the unsaved to take control. It seems America Christians became too complacent, things became good and they decided to sit back (the old "eat, drink and be merry" mindset). They thought America was a Christian nation and would remain one so they didn't need to be so involved in things. Even today, with all the wickedness that abounds, the obvious political corruption, the obvious lies of politicians (of both parties), the blatant refusal to abide by the Constitution (which they swore before God and man to uphold), there are yet those American Christians who still think this is a Christian nation and there are good Christians running things. Believe it or not, there are many professing Christians in America who would today say that Bill Clinton GW Bush, McCain and even Obama are good Christians.

We should each seek the will of God in our lives and follow this. For most, I suspect, the will of God will be for us to pursue personal holiness as He has clearly commanded us, to be in earnest prayer for our nation and for the lost, to be busy about His business using whatever gifts and talents He's given us for that purpose.