• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Illinois Governor charged....

Guest Guest

• Members

Prior to the arrest of Blago, a top Obama aid had stated Obama had talked with Blago about who would fill his empty Senate seat. In one of the taped recordings of Blago, he says something that makes it sound as if he had talked with Obama about this. Blago said that 'bleeping' (referring to Obama) expects me to give the seat to his choice, well 'bleep' him (my paraphrase from memory).

Then yesterday, after Blagos arrest, Obama's top aid put forth a statement saying he had been mistaken and that Obama had NEVER talked with Blago about the empty senate seat. Hmmm, pretty convenient; also VERY hard to believe!

Obama, as of yesterday, is now on record as saying he never talked with Blago about the senate seat. I wonder how the media will react if it comes out that Obama did indeed talk with Blago about this?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Prior to the arrest of Blago, a top Obama aid had stated Obama had talked with Blago about who would fill his empty Senate seat. In one of the taped recordings of Blago, he says something that makes it sound as if he had talked with Obama about this. Blago said that 'bleeping' (referring to Obama) expects me to give the seat to his choice, well 'bleep' him (my paraphrase from memory).

Then yesterday, after Blagos arrest, Obama's top aid put forth a statement saying he had been mistaken and that Obama had NEVER talked with Blago about the empty senate seat. Hmmm, pretty convenient; also VERY hard to believe!

Obama, as of yesterday, is now on record as saying he never talked with Blago about the senate seat. I wonder how the media will react if it comes out that Obama did indeed talk with Blago about this?

Well, actually, I don't think there would be necessarily anything wrong with someone talking to a governor about who would be good to replace them...they would want to replicate their own policies and see that someone who thinks like them would be put in. One of the articles I posted earlier mentions the woman BO recommended. I think Blago's problem with it was that there wasn't anything in it for him.

• Members

Well, actually, I don't think there would be necessarily anything wrong with someone talking to a governor about who would be good to replace them...they would want to replicate their own policies and see that someone who thinks like them would be put in. One of the articles I posted earlier mentions the woman BO recommended. I think Blago's problem with it was that there wasn't anything in it for him.

I agree. There is nothing wrong with having an honest and legal discussion of such things. Actually, it's to be expected. The problem is that even though Obama's top aid spoke previously about such an exchange, as soon as Blago was arrested that aid suddenly changed his story and Obama denies ever having talked with Blago about it.

Apparently, Obama and Blago never really got along. One or the other could have been trying to play political games (or they both could have been playing) which is part of the reason Obama is trying to deny ever even talking with Blago.

Now it's been announced that the potential seat filler who offered to pay a million dollars to Blago for the seat is Jesse Jackson Jr. Like father, like son.

• Administrators

Oh, wow - I didn't know about JJJ!! Doesn't surprise me, though.

No, I don't think BO and Blago got along. And I'm sure his distancing himself from Blago is simply more of the teflon stuff - to make sure nothing sticks to him. At least he called for Blago's resignation. Kinda makes you think of that old adage - "no honor among thieves" eh?

Now it's been announced that the potential seat filler who offered to pay a million dollars to Blago for the seat is Jesse Jackson Jr. Like father' date=' like son.[/quote']

Oh, please!!! This is like a "Soap Opera"...saga!! :roll

• Members

I bet there is a "Daley" connection with the Gov as well...

Blago's been arrogant since he took office. I believe he's from Chicago, so he's been educated well in politics, though it doesn't seem like he played it out too well by being caught...lol

I lived in the Chicago burbs the first 44 years of my life( up until 2 1/2 yrs ago), and unfortunately "politics" is THE way of life, especially in Chicago and the burbs.

A phrase that I remember from living back in IL (a reference to Chicago politics)...vote early and vote often. (Even the dead can vote in Chicago).

Hey, cubfan! I was hoping that you would see this and respond to this.

:goodpost: ITA!!

[quote="cubfan1969"]
I bet there is a "Daley" connection with the Gov as well...[/quote]

Oh...that would be so Daley. My ex-hubby went to high school and graduated with Daley. Daley (and my ex-hubby) went to a small little (private RCC boarding school in Indiana.) They just had a get together about 2 years ago. I would love to get my ex's intake on this---although I know he won't talk. LOL.

[quote="cubfan1969"]Blago's been arrogant since he took office. I believe he's from Chicago, so he's been educated well in politics, though it doesn't seem like he played it out too well by being caught...lol [/quote]

Yes..."Arrogant" is critical in Chicago politics. Goodness!!

[quote="cubfan1969"]I lived in the Chicago burbs the first 44 years of my life( up until 2 1/2 yrs ago), [b]and unfortunately "politics" is THE way of life, especially in Chicago and the burbs.[[/b]/quote]

My cousins are still there. Yes, that is what they say, too. It is "dog eat dog" there. :sad

[quote="cubfan1969"]

A phrase that I remember from living back in IL (a reference to Chicago politics)...vote early and vote often. [b](Even the dead can vote in Chicago).[/b][/quote][/quote]

This sounds so familiar!! :roll

[offtopic]I wanted to make this correction. My ex-hubby said that it is John Roberts that he graduated with. He knows Daley, but not well---at all. Only at the political events (which my ex so despises :lol: ) Sorry for the error. I just wanted to correct this.[/offtopic]
[color=#0000FF]

John G. Roberts[/color]
[b]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/b]
(Redirected from John Roberts)
For other persons named John Roberts, see John Roberts (disambiguation).
John Glover Roberts, Jr.
John G. Roberts
17th Chief Justice of the United States
Incumbent
Assumed office
September 29, 2005
Nominated by George W. Bush
Preceded by William Rehnquist
Born January 27, 1955 (age 53)
Buffalo, New York
Spouse Jane Sullivan Roberts
Alma mater Harvard University
Religion Roman Catholic[1]

John Glover Roberts, Jr. (born January 27, 1955) is the seventeenth and current Chief Justice of the United States. Appointed by President George W. Bush, Roberts is generally considered a member of the more conservative wing of the court.

Before joining the Supreme Court on September 29, 2005, Roberts was a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit for two years.

Previously, he spent 14 years in private law practice and held positions in Republican administrations in the U.S. Department of Justice and Office of the White House Counsel.

[b]Early years[/b]

Roberts was born in Buffalo, New York, on January 27, 1955, the son of John Glover ("Jack") Roberts, Sr.(1928-2008) and Rosemary, n

• Members

Oh...that would be so Daley. My ex-hubby went to high school and graduated with Daley. Daley (and my ex-hubby) went to a small little (private RCC boarding school in Indiana.) They just had a get together about 2 years ago. I would love to get my ex's intake on this---although I know he won't talk. LOL.

The "political" game is everywhere back up there. Even when I worked for 2 different fire departments (one was a suburb, the other was at a federally funded national laboratory), the only way to move up was to play the politics game. I couldn't/wouldn't do that...I could not go home and sleep if I played those games, thus I eventually left the fire service. I'm very thankful to have a job now where politics doesn't come into play (at least in my part of the hospital/health system).

The "mob" if you will extends well into the far west and south suburbs, pizza places, restaurants, trash collection...I've even heard that a few members of the IL State Police (in downstate IL) were involved in a drug ring (with smuggled drugs on semi's). Politics, as Blago has proven, is not limited to the Chicago area.

I have been quite busy at home/work, thus haven't been on here very much lately. Picked up a part time job at another hospital, so I'm working 50 hours a week to try to stay afloat.

I would also be thankful for continued prayer for myself and my wife (if this isn't selfish)...she hasn't quite fully accepted my 2nd job, but for some reason she doesn't (or won't) understand that we truly miss the $$ she made when she was working last spring. However, she also seems to not want to accept that it is much easier for me to work 5 1/2 days than it is for her to work 40+ hours and make less than I do in my extra 10 hours a week. It isn't that she is unhealthy or disabled, but with her arthritis, constant pain, easy tiredness, I don't think she can handle watching another kid (if he/she came along) and deal with the house and dog. Besides, what I make in 10 hours at my 2nd job equals what she made in 1 week. With utility costs going up as we start winter, we need the little "extra" $$ cushion, you know?

I have been quite busy at home/work' date=' thus haven't been on here very much lately. [b']Picked up a part time job at another hospital, so I'm working 50 hours a week to try to stay afloat.

I would also be thankful for continued prayer for myself and my wife (if this isn't selfish)...she hasn't quite fully accepted my 2nd job, but for some reason she doesn't (or won't) understand that we truly miss the $$ she made when she was working last spring. However, she also seems to not want to accept that it is much easier for me to work 5 1/2 days than it is for her to work 40+ hours and make less than I do in my extra 10 hours a week. It isn't that she is unhealthy or disabled, but with her arthritis, constant pain, easy tiredness, I don't think she can handle watching another kid (if he/she came along) and deal with the house and dog. Besides, what I make in 10 hours at my 2nd job equals what she made in 1 week. With utility costs going up as we start winter, we need the little "extra" $$ cushion, you know?

Highlighted area: This sounds like my hubby. :-( That is not selfish, at all. We are to ask other believers for prayer. :pray for this situation, cub. I will keep her "arthritis"---"constant pain" that goes with that, and "easy tiredness" in prayer as well. Oh yes, I certainly know. I am sure that we all do. God bless you and your family. Merry Christmas!!

P.S. ~ I can tell you some interesting stories of the fire department and the corruption that went on during the Mayor Michael White days. A friend of mine (from junior high) "a Lieutenant of Cleveland Fire"---at the time, called White on the carpet for his corruption (Grandstanding.) Also, I know plenty of police personnel (to be politically correct...LOL) that did this, as well...during those "trying" years. Mayor Jackson seems more honest than White...so far. We (as a whole) also liked Mayor Campbell. She came in to help clean up the White mess. :roll BTW, the teachers gave White a run for his money, too. :lol:

• Members

Highlighted area: This sounds like my hubby. :-( That is not selfish, at all. We are to ask other believers for prayer. :pray for this situation, cub. I will keep her "arthritis"---"constant pain" that goes with that, and "easy tiredness" in prayer as well. Oh yes, I certainly know. I am sure that we all do. God bless you and your family. Merry Christmas!!

P.S. ~ I can tell you some interesting stories of the fire department and the corruption that went on during the Mayor Michael White days. A friend of mine (from junior high) "a Lieutenant of Cleveland Fire"---at the time, called White on the carpet for his corruption (Grandstanding.) Also, I know plenty of police personnel (to be politically correct...LOL) that did this, as well...during those "trying" years. Mayor Jackson seems more honest than White...so far. We (as a whole) also liked Mayor Campbell. She came in to help clean up the White mess. :roll BTW, the teachers gave White a run for his money, too. :lol:

Fire Department corruption? That's hard to believe :lol:

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

I know! :haha In Cleveland---the corruption all seems to start in City Hall. Can you believe that? City Hall, corruption? :lol:

Merry Christmas, again. "Jesus is the reason for the season" as He is---each and every second of the day. God bless. :Bible:

• Members

Isn't most things that connect to politics corrupted?

If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?

Have a friend whose son is an engineer, does planning for developments in cites, he gets his jobs by paying off the mayors and city council members. No pay offs, no work. Plus if he offers to little, again, no work.

His son says, its part of doing business, and all of us engineers know that if we don't pay we don't work in no cites in my home state.

Isn't most things that connect to politics corrupted?

If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?

Have a friend whose son is an engineer, does planning for developments in cites, he gets his jobs by paying off the mayors and city council members. No pay offs, no work. Plus if he offers to little, again, no work.

His son says, its part of doing business, and all of us engineers know that if we don't pay we don't work in no cites in my home state.

:goodpost: Pastor Jerry! Yes. :thumb