• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Actually, what I stated was that the writers of the New Testament didn't spend a lot of time focusing on the Millennial kingdom because it is Jewish in nature, as in the 300,000 square miles of ground that was promised to Abraham's seed. This isn't to say that it's not mentioned though, it is. The Tribulation/Rapture/Second Coming are very important subjects and are mentioned often in the New Testament. Matthew 24-25, I Thess 4, I Cor. 15, Revelation, etc

Exactly! The Millennial Kingdom is definitely Jewish in nature! The Church age believers are not looking for the Antichrist, we are looking (and loving) Christ's glorious appearing FOR us "in the air"

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

• Members

I love the words 'Blessed Hope,' in Titus 2:13, & to think of the feelings we will have when we see His 'Glorious appearing.'

Makes me think of this old hymn.

There will be a happy meeting in Heaven, I know
When we see the many loved ones we've known here below
Gathered on that blessed hilltop with hearts all aglow
That will be a glad reunion day.
A glad day, a wonderful day,
A glad day, a glorious day
There with all the holy angels and loved ones to stay

When we live a million years in that wonderful place
Basking in the love of Jesus, beholding His face
It will seem but just a moment of praising His grace

• Members

I love the words 'Blessed Hope,' in Titus 2:13, & to think of the feelings we will have when we see His 'Glorious appearing.'

Makes me think of this old hymn.

There will be a happy meeting in Heaven, I know
When we see the many loved ones we've known here below
Gathered on that blessed hilltop with hearts all aglow

When we live a million years in that wonderful place
Basking in the love of Jesus, beholding His face
It will seem but just a moment of praising His grace

Or another along the same lines, "Is it the Crowning Day?"

Jesus may come today
Glad day, glad day!
And I would see my Friend;
Dangers and troubles would end
If Jesus should come today.
Refrain
Glad day, glad day!
Is it the crowning day?
I’ll live for today, nor anxious be;
Jesus, my Lord I soon shall see.
Glad day, glad day!
Is it the crowning day?

I may go home today
Glad day, glad day!
Seemeth I hear their song;
Hail to the radiant throng!
If I should go home today.
Refrain

Why should I anxious be?
Glad day, glad day!
Lights appear on the shore,
Storms will affright nevermore,
For He is “at hand” today.
Refrain

Faithful I’ll be today,
Glad day, glad day!
And I will freely tell
Why I should love Him so well,
For He is my all today.
Refrain

• Members

Exactly! The Millennial Kingdom is definitely Jewish in nature! The Church age believers are not looking for the Antichrist, we are looking (and loving) Christ's glorious appearing FOR us "in the air"

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Those verses - & those cited & linked by Rick - do not TEACH a rapture, but are used to support that teaching. The literal teachingof the verses is of the resurrection.

• Members

Those verses - & those cited & linked by Rick - do not TEACH a rapture, but are used to support that teaching. The literal teachingof the verses is of the resurrection.

Hint, at the resurrection there will be a rapture, & Jesus will take His own out of this world, as He has promised.

• Members

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up (harpazo) together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The English word “rapture” comes from the Latin raptus, meaning “seized” or “carried away.”

Strong's Greek Dictionary
726. harpazo
harpazo har-pad'-zo

from a derivative of 138; to seize (in various applications):--catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

Way of Life Encyclopedia
RAPTURE

The term commonly used for the catching away of the saints described in 1Th 4:13-18. This Rapture is (1) a resurrection of the dead in Christ (v. 14-16), (2) a catching up and translation of the living N.T. saints (v. 17). The term "caught up" in 1Th 4:17 is also translated "pluck" (Joh 10:28), "pulling [out of the fire]" (Jude 1:23), and "take by force" (Ac 23:10). It refers to a forceful seizing and a snatching away. It is used of the devil snatching the word of God from the heart of the foolish (Mt 13:19) and of the Spirit of God snatching away Philip after the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch (Ac 8:39). This is exactly what Christ will do to the N.T. believers before the onslaught of the Great Tribulation. This event is also described in 1Co 15:51-58. Here we see that the translation of the N.T. saints will involve an instantaneous change from morality to immortality. Those believers living at that hour will never see death (v. 51).

Edited by LindaR

• Members

So...you guys believe in the "Rapture Theory"? :huh: do you also believe in the OSAS and UR theories???

The Rapture is not a theory...it is a biblical teaching. God has promised born again believers/the Body of Christ/the Church that He will save them from His wrath, which will come upon all Christ rejecters. This is called the 7 year tribulation period.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

OSAS is not a "theory" either. I think most posters on this board believe in the eternal security of the born again believer.

I have no idea what the UR "theory" is. Would you define this for those who don't know what it is, please?

• Members

I think that everything is a theory until it becomes a reality, then it is no-longer a theory...

UR is Universal Reconciliation. - All human life will be able to reconcile back to God even those who have gone into hell. Their time in hell will give them an opportunity to repent and be reconciled to God. There is no "Lake of Fire" no=one burns. Even the Fallen one's have a chance of being restored back to God...[supposedly]

Is the "Rapture" also part of the Independent Baptist belief?

Blessings!

Edited by Gabrielle A

• Members

I think that everything is a theory until it becomes a reality, then it is no-longer a theory...

UR is Universal Reconciliation. - All human life will be able to reconcile back to God even those who have gone into hell. Their time in hell will give them an opportunity to repent and be reconciled to God. There is no "Lake of Fire" no=one burns. Even the Fallen one's have a chance of being restored back to God...[supposedly]

Is the "Rapture" also part of the Independent Baptist belief?

Blessings!

I believe in the pre tribulation rapture of the church age believers. Revelation 20:11-15 indicates that all nonbelievers in Jesus will be cast into the lake of fire (lava). Hell was made for the devil and the angels that revolted against God but many humans have joined the rebellion and will also be sent to hell as the rich man in Luke 16:19-31.

• Members
The Rapture is not a theory...it is a biblical teaching. God has promised born again believers/the Body of Christ/the Church that He will save them from His wrath, which will come upon all Christ rejecters. This is called the 7 year tribulation period.

There is no specific 7-year tribulation period taught in Scripture. It is a theory imposed on certain texts.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
Of course we are delivered from the wrath to come - hell. That text is a straightforward second coming, resurrection text. There is no contextual justification for reading 7-year tribulation there - God's wrath is eternal. But note the reference to God's wrath in the next chapter:
For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own cou
nt
rymen, even as they have of the Jews:

Who b
ot
h killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please n
ot
God, and are co
nt
rary to all men:

Forbidding us to speak to the Ge
nt
iles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

That is not 7-year tribulation either.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
That says nothing about 7-year trib - only "the hour of temptation." Even in NT times believers suffered tribulation:
So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: 2 Thes. 1:4

OSAS is not a "theory" either. I think most posters on this board believe in the eternal security of the born again believer.

I have no idea what the UR "theory" is. Would you define this for those who don't know what it is, please?