• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Why can't we know God's plan? He shares it with us throughout Scripture. Before the foundation of the world God knew exactly how everything would go and set forth His plan accordingly. His plan is consistent from beginning to end.

I agree to a certain degree. The question is, did God know it would happen the way it did or did He make it happen the way it did?

• Members

So? I answer questions that I think are pointless; even repeat myself over and over again. Sometimes this is in response to questions you ask. I have to go now, but if you're going to make a habit of asking questions all the time, which is fine, well, and good, you should be willing to answer them even if you don't see the point or don't like the question.

• Members

So? I answer questions that I think are pointless; even repeat myself over and over again. Sometimes this is in response to questions you ask. I have to go now, but if you're going to make a habit of asking questions all the time, which is fine, well, and good, you should be willing to answer them even if you don't see the point or don't like the question.

I don't know that I've ever tried to force an answer out of you or asked you a question which seems down another trail.

If it's really worth taking the time to think and study over, it would help if you help me to understand that.

As I said, I don't see what that has to do with the topic and it's not something I've previously contemplated so it would require specific thought and study, not just some snap decision.

• Members

You can't take money with you to heaven but you can send it ahead! Matthew 19:21-29

• Members

I took no offense and didn't see that comment as being in any way mocking or even sarcastic.

Actually if the remark had been made about our Queen, I probably would have said the same, and if it was about Prince Charles, I might have said more. :bleh:

• Members

1. The things following the 70 weeks have not been fulfilled.
2. The things that are supposed to happen during the 70th week have not occurred.

The above are facts that have not been refuted and they prove that the 70 weeks have not been fulfilled.

The x-factor is the fact that God changed programs and started dealing primarily with the Gentiles and instituted the church. This was a previously unknown mystery revealed only to Paul. This is why God chose to delay the 70th week, because it concerns Israel - not the Gentiles.

God did NOT change programmes. Christ was crucified from the foundation of the world
Re 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Mt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Luke 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8 And they remembered his words,

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

It was not a secret that Christ had to suffer, it was just that the Jews did not understand the prophecies.

O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

• Members

I don't know what the book says. Canyou summarize it?

John 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

• Members

Why can't we know God's plan? He shares it with us throughout Scripture. Before the foundation of the world God knew exactly how everything would go and set forth His plan accordingly. His plan is consistent from beginning to end.

Daniel 12:4,8–10 KJV
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

God told Daniel that at the time of the end, the wise will understand when men run to and fro and knowledge is increased.

• Moderators

John 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Lol! I meant the one by Dr. Jeremiah (?) that John81 was talking about earlier... somehow my computer didn't show me all the intervening quotes before mine was published. Sorry about that.