• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Marriage Supper of the Lamb

• Moderators

Rick Schworer's post made me think about this topic. Is the Marriage Supper really a supper - as in eat, chew, swallow, physical food? Or, as we are spiritually the Bride of Christ, is it a spiritual supper? Jesus calls Himself the Bread of Life... might it be a time of fellowship & rejoicing in His presence?

What do y'all think?

• Members

Maybe both? There's going to be no food necessary in Heaven, but that doesn't mean there won't be any...

I would tend toward both. I am pretty sure there is literal food in heaven. After all what was manna but the bread of heaven? Also what did Christ say at the end of the last supper?

"Mark 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God." That is most likely speaking of the marriage supper of the lamb.

• Members

No. The situation will be like Eden - vegetarian.

I agree with Covenanter; its my guess there will be better tasting things than bacon prepared for us. However I suppose it could be possible to have some type of bacon flavored veggie.

Mr 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

• Members

Sure! Ever had veggie bacon bits?

Yuk

My wife is a veggie and cannot stand anything that pretends to be meat. She has never eaten meat and will not eat any of the psuedo vegetarian meals that have vegetables pretending to be meat. Qiuorn is off. Linda McCartney is a no no, so is textured soya.

• Members

Invicta, your wife doesn't like "vege-burgers"? How about vege-links? My cousins are Seventh-Day Adventists, and they love that pseudo meat stuff. Seems rather hypocritical to me for one to claim they are vegetarian, but want to pretend to ea meat! I got caught burying one once as a youngster; needless to say, they were quite upset.

(Nothing ever grew in that particular spot since then, except weeds!)

Edited by irishman