• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church of Christ

• Members

Dennis, I was pretty sure I know where you stood on this for I recall you having expressed it before. Its quite amazing at the number of different churches, denominations, in this world that holds to baptizing and the number of other things that helps, or aids, in a person being saved.I feel they get this from the teachings of the RCC. Luther, when he came out of the RCC, that was a great thing, yet sadly he also brought many of the false teachings with him.

• Members

Dennis, I was pretty sure I know where you stood on this for I recall you having expressed it before. Its quite amazing at the number of different churches, denominations, in this world that holds to baptizing and the number of other things that helps, or aids, in a person being saved.I feel they get this from the teachings of the RCC. Luther, when he came out of the RCC, that was a great thing, yet sadly he also brought many of the false teachings with him.

Jerry,

Why would you accuse someone of getting their beliefs "from the RCC?" Unless I am wrong, you believe in the false doctrine of "once saved always saved," did you "get that from Luther? Must have since it isn't taught in the Bible.

Once again, the church of Christ is not a denomination; it is not a "part" of the church but is the church which belongs to Christ. We do not get our beliefs from the RCC nor any other denomination. We obtain our beliefs from the one and only source and that is the Word of God.

By the way Jerry, most baptist believe in the Word as the only source of authority. Did we get that belief from you guys? Most baptist believe that baptism is by immersion in watter. Did we get that from you?

• Members

Scripture clearly teaches that we can KNOW we are saved. Any person who is truly born again in Christ is saved forever. They are immediately sealed with the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost indwells them.

No one is saved by water baptism in any way at all.

Use of musical instruments in church has nothing to do with salvation and such is a matter of liberty and preference within the church.

Denominations are not sin, even if I, you or others agree or disagree with them. A denomination is simply a name applied to what is supposed to be like-minded churches for the sake of identity.

The CoC obviously holds to strange traditions which, like the traditions of the Pharisees, adds to the Word of God and the burdens added serve only as stumbling blocks and hindrances.

I've given fair hearing to your comments in this thread, as well as others, concerning the views of the CoC. I've compared them with Scripture and in several key areas the views of the CoC do not stand.

• Members

Scripture clearly teaches that we can KNOW we are saved. Any person who is truly born again in Christ is saved forever. They are immediately sealed with the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost indwells them.

No one is saved by water baptism in any way at all.

Use of musical instruments in church has nothing to do with salvation and such is a matter of liberty and preference within the church.

Denominations are not sin, even if I, you or others agree or disagree with them. A denomination is simply a name applied to what is supposed to be like-minded churches for the sake of identity.

The CoC obviously holds to strange traditions which, like the traditions of the Pharisees, adds to the Word of God and the burdens added serve only as stumbling blocks and hindrances.

I've given fair hearing to your comments in this thread, as well as others, concerning the views of the CoC. I've compared them with Scripture and in several key areas the views of the CoC do not stand.

amen.gifclapping.gifamen.gif , " Alas and did my Saviour bleed and did my Sovereign die would He devote that sacred Head for such a worm as I." why does man always want to add something he can do to what what Christ Jesus did for us?

• Members
Unless I am wrong, you believe in the false doctrine of "once saved always saved," did you "get that from Luther? Must have since it isn't taught in the Bible.

This is to all non-IFSB posters: This is a IFSB forum. We are here to fellowship and exhort each other, not constantly defend our beliefs to folks who simply want to challenge and argue with us. You agreed to that when you joined.

We've tolerated your non-IFSB doctrine to the point that several of you are taking the role of moderators by answering questions with your beliefs, not the beliefs of the members of this forum.

If you don't agree with us, that's fine. I'm sure there are plenty of other forums where you can find support for your beliefs. I, for one, am sick and tired of these ad nausem debates that go on and on, and then resurrect themselves to go on and on again.

I've allowed discussion to continue for discussion sake, but it's obvious that we're not going to change each others' minds. I'm employing the spiritual principle of separation and asking you to please leave us alone and join forums that agree with you.

Pastor Mitch Holmes