• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Recommending West Coast?

• Members

No, I would not stop all music, but its best to be careful of what music one does let in.

My point about music lovers, many of them are only babes in Christ, even after being in church for years, & many of them because of their love of music will let music in church that should not be there.

I personally don't care what music you have in the church you attend & or be a member of. And I know well those that have a love for CCM would not agree with our churches idea of what is proper music in one of Jesus' New Testament Churches. And of course, music is only a very small part of a churches services. That is unless your in the entertainment business.

• Administrators

As of right now, I do not see West Coasts Music as a reason why I would not recommend the school. That may change in the future, but as of right now, I see no reason for me to tell someone not to go there. Cloud has his reasons and I have mine.

• Members

Im going to agree with BroMatt on this.

When I was in high school, way back in the dark ages of the '80's, my music teacher taught us that music is an expression of emotion. Love song for example...

Why is CCM such a bothersom topic among IFB? Because its EMOTIONAL!

This is one of the very few topics that gets people's attention like no other because it speaks to our emotions/feelings.

As formyself, I will recommend West Coast Baptist College and Lancaster Baptist Church.

Side note: Paul Chappell DID NOT preach at the Sword of the Lord Confrence last year because of his health.

Dr. Roberson

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Doesn't the Sword of the Lord take a totally no CCM stance? I noticed in a recent Sword they still carry ads for Chappel and his church. This kind of makes me wonder if somehow we are not seeing the whole picture or something.

I don't know who Cloud is, but I've been to Chappel's church, I didn't see anything wrong with the music there and I am very strict on music. I think that CCM really needs to be defined though, some music that use to be considered CCM is really not that bad compared to the CCM today. We really need to remember sometimes that alot of our old hymns were sung to the tunes of the bar music Some southern gospel is the same music that I danced to in country bars. By the way, where is Cloud from?

• Members

A quote I placed in our church bulletin for this Sunday of which I totally agree with, & its even more so with each new month.

Based on the many testimonies given to me by young people and adults alike, I am convinced beyond any doubt that the possession of the Lord's best is frequently sacrificed on the altar of the world's music.