• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I slipped and fell last night

• Members
you gonna have to be careful. The number one reason people sent to a nursing home was over a broken hip. And it doesn't matter how old you are. If I was you' date=' I think you should do some changing around in your house to make it safe for you. Rails and slipguard and such.[/quote']

I have one of those suction cup grab bars and a suction cup bath mat - the mat was inside the tub so I stepped out of the tub onto linoleum and when I grabbed the grab bar to catch myself I popped it right off the wall! I landed like a ton of bricks! :badday:

I have a prescription for 500 mg Lortabs - but I cannot function with those things, so I am making do with ibuprophen. :Green

That's the problem with these pain medications. I cannot function on them, either...so I deal with the pain. LOL.

Yes, LuAnne is right on! Ice works wonders.

I have had upper back problems for a long time. Ice works great for me. But...**burr** in the winter. You shouldn't have that problem, though...IM. :lol God bless and I hope and pray you are doing much better today.

• Members

Very sorry this happened Janet! Will most certainly be praying for you.

I worry about this with my wife, especially since she's sometimes on the accident prone side. I bought a special rug for the bathroom so she has sure footing each time she gets in and out and isn't standing on the linoleum. Even so, I worry about her.

Be care!

• Members

Thank you for all of your prayers. I am feeling somewhat better today. I was able to work satisfactorily this weekend, but I did not try to do anything strenuous.

My back is turning dark purple today, a large bruise about the size of a dinner plate on my lower back! OUCH!