• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I slipped and fell last night

• Members

I slipped and fell while getting out of the bathtub last night and spent the rest of the night in the ER while they took xrays of my back, shoulders, amd hips. It appears that I was badly bruised but nothing is broken. I covet your prayers that God will allow me to heal quickly from this so I can try to get back to work! I am unemployed and relying on a part-time job, but it is physically demanding and I need God's strength to keep this job.

• Members
I slipped and fell while getting out of the bathtub last night and spent the rest of the night in the ER while they took xrays of my back' date=' shoulders, amd hips. It appears that I was badly bruised but nothing is broken. I covet your prayers that God will allow me to heal quickly from this so I can try to get back to work! I am unemployed and relying on a part-time job, but it is physically demanding and I need God's strength to keep this job.[/quote']
Praying for a speedy recovery for you. :pray So glad nothing was broken, but even bad bruises can take a while to heal. Do you have a heating pad? That might help.

• Members

Yeah I know - that was the first thing I looked for - blood. I live alone and this is the third fall I have had in a year - before that it was never an issue! Once I realized I wasn't bleeding I checked to see if everything moved properly. I was having great difficulty breathing every breath was agonzing - so I thought maybe I cracked my ribs - I landed backwards across the edge of the tub. I was stepping out of the tub with wet feet and my feet went out from under me and I landed full force backwards across the tub - knocked all the wind out of me! :eek

I VERY CAREFULLY took a nice hot soak this morning and I am feeling MUCH better! I thank everyone for all of your prayers! :amen:

I have a prescription for 500 mg Lortabs - but I cannot function with those things, so I am making do with ibuprophen. :Green