Online Baptist

I slipped and fell last night

IM4given

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I slipped and fell while getting out of the bathtub last night and spent the rest of the night in the ER while they took xrays of my back, shoulders, amd hips. It appears that I was badly bruised but nothing is broken. I covet your prayers that God will allow me to heal quickly from this so I can try to get back to work! I am unemployed and relying on a part-time job, but it is physically demanding and I need God's strength to keep this job.

I slipped and fell while getting out of the bathtub last night and spent the rest of the night in the ER while they took xrays of my back' date=' shoulders, amd hips. It appears that I was badly bruised but nothing is broken. I covet your prayers that God will allow me to heal quickly from this so I can try to get back to work! I am unemployed and relying on a part-time job, but it is physically demanding and I need God's strength to keep this job.[/quote']
Praying for a speedy recovery for you. :pray So glad nothing was broken, but even bad bruises can take a while to heal. Do you have a heating pad? That might help.

Yeah I know - that was the first thing I looked for - blood. I live alone and this is the third fall I have had in a year - before that it was never an issue! Once I realized I wasn't bleeding I checked to see if everything moved properly. I was having great difficulty breathing every breath was agonzing - so I thought maybe I cracked my ribs - I landed backwards across the edge of the tub. I was stepping out of the tub with wet feet and my feet went out from under me and I landed full force backwards across the tub - knocked all the wind out of me! :eek

I VERY CAREFULLY took a nice hot soak this morning and I am feeling MUCH better! I thank everyone for all of your prayers! :amen:

I have a prescription for 500 mg Lortabs - but I cannot function with those things, so I am making do with ibuprophen. :Green

• Advanced Member

you gonna have to be careful. The number one reason people sent to a nursing home was over a broken hip. And it doesn't matter how old you are. If I was you, I think you should do some changing around in your house to make it safe for you. Rails and slipguard and such.

you gonna have to be careful. The number one reason people sent to a nursing home was over a broken hip. And it doesn't matter how old you are. If I was you' date=' I think you should do some changing around in your house to make it safe for you. Rails and slipguard and such.[/quote']

I have one of those suction cup grab bars and a suction cup bath mat - the mat was inside the tub so I stepped out of the tub onto linoleum and when I grabbed the grab bar to catch myself I popped it right off the wall! I landed like a ton of bricks! :badday:

I have a prescription for 500 mg Lortabs - but I cannot function with those things, so I am making do with ibuprophen. :Green

That's the problem with these pain medications. I cannot function on them, either...so I deal with the pain. LOL.

Yes, LuAnne is right on! Ice works wonders.

I have had upper back problems for a long time. Ice works great for me. But...**burr** in the winter. You shouldn't have that problem, though...IM. :lol God bless and I hope and pray you are doing much better today.

Very sorry this happened Janet! Will most certainly be praying for you.

I worry about this with my wife, especially since she's sometimes on the accident prone side. I bought a special rug for the bathroom so she has sure footing each time she gets in and out and isn't standing on the linoleum. Even so, I worry about her.

Be care!

Thank you for all of your prayers. I am feeling somewhat better today. I was able to work satisfactorily this weekend, but I did not try to do anything strenuous.

My back is turning dark purple today, a large bruise about the size of a dinner plate on my lower back! OUCH!

Archived