• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Everything at once

• Members

I'm having a really hard time with everything going on right now and I feel like I'm losing it. I am still having a hard time getting over my recent breakup with my girlfriend. We're still friends and she is the main singer in my band. She is having a really hard time spiritually right now, so I am praying for her, but it's hard for me because the breakup still hurts. Also, another friend who I often confided in and who helped me a lot is going through a tough time as well and asked me to pray for him as well. Things in my family are somewhat messed up and there are a few minor issues at work as well. I am also praying and trying to care for some other friends and I feel like I'm under so much pressure and I'm losing clear sight of God at this time. Tomorrow, my band is supposed to perform at group and it's my turn to start off with scripture reading and a small message. I don't want to talk about praising God and play worship music if I feel like I'm not really doing it. I don't want to go through the motions and be a hypocrite, but I can't postpone it or have anyone replace me either. I just really need to see God's glory and really do this if possible. And I hope the people I am trying to care for will soon get back up as well and rejoice in God so I may see the fruit of these prayers that God has laid on my heart to pray. I'm really tired and about to go to sleep now, so I don't know if everything I said made sense, but please pray for me. Thanks.

• Members

Sometimes things seem to come upon us like a downpour and indeed we don't feel like having anything to do with praise and worship, but according to Scripture that's exactly what we need. It's difficult, but you must cast down your flesh (your feelings) and praise God, worship Him even as David did when faced with overwhelming odds and pressures. I know from experience that when we begin praising the Lord in the midst of the battle, the Lord hears and strengthens us.

Our God will never leave us alone. Even if we walk through that valley of the shadow of death, He will be with us and comfort us as we trust in Him.

One thing that has helped me in similar times is recalling that God will allow nothing to come upon us that He knows we can't handle. This trying time will last but for a season and the Lord can bring you through stronger, wiser and closer to Him. Now is the time to run to the Lord in praise, worship and trust.

You and your situation are in my prayers... :icon_pray:

• Administrators

Thank you, John. I am doing better today. The outside situation is the same, but I have more hope in God now. I hope it lasts throughout the day and especially the evening. :)

Remember that God is the God of all comfort - and that He wants us to be "casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you."

• Members

Thank you guys so much. Today went great. All the problems are still there, but I was able to stay focused on God all day and through the evening as well. The performance was great and I was able to perform with a heart truly filled with praise. I've also been praying for all these people throughout the day without thinking too much about my breakup with Anna. I asked her how she was doing today and she didn't want to tell me though. Anyways, I just hope God will give me the strength to continue like this and I pray to see the effects in these people's lives as well. :)

Edited by anime4christ