• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Responses to My Warnings About Lancaster's Music - Part 2

• Members
February 28, 2011 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article)

Proverbs 27:5-6 “Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.”

Galatians 4:16 “Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?”

Psalms 119:165 “Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.”

Proverbs 9:8  “Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.”

Psalms 119:128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Following are some more of the positive e-mails I received in response to the Friday News article “Lancaster Baptist Shouting to the Lord.”

“I would like to thank you for your warning about West Coast Baptist College. I am convinced that you did the right thing in going the way you did since this is an ongoing trend that needs to be stopped for the sake of the college and Lancaster Baptist Church. People who were planning to deal with the issue of CCM need to be informed.”

“Contrary to what some of the pastors said when they wrote in about your article, there IS a distinct back beat in the music in West Coast’s ‘Shout to the Lord’ piece. It is just not done using a modern drum set but laid down by the bass instruments, brass, left hand of piano, cymbals and the timpani. The issue of the back beat has nothing to do with instruments.”

View the full article