• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sad life

• Members

Years back,the young girl in this picture, grandfather, grandmother, and future father attended church with us. There were at church every time the door was open, attempting to bring their son, Michael up properly. Michael was a very kind and polite young man in those days.

But he had things working against him, his father was a liar, and lied about anything and everything. His mother was an alcoholic. At that time I knew about the father, but not about the mother. Michael is still a kind and polite person when you see him. But he has been in and out of jail, prison, mostly because of dope. Not long after graduating high school his father and mother divorced.

He got married, had 2 children, girls, I believe, but he and wife divorced, and his grandmother raised both of his children. I might add, this girls mother has been in and out of trouble as well. At periods of time the grandmother would do right, and take them to church, but during her alcoholic sprees, church, and proper teachings was left off.

Here is one of Michael's children, as you can see she is in jail. Grandmother has had much trouble with her, of course most of it is because lack of proper teachings. Her latest stay in jail, she attempted to kill her grandmother with a gun. her grandmother avoided being shot by locking her self in a room and calling 911. When the police arrived she resisted arrest, yet thankfully they were able to talk her into putting the gun down.

Isn't it so sad to see nice looking 16 teen year old girl having such a start in life. Probably her whole life will be in this direction. And to think, the main reason she is going down this path is this is the path she has learned from both grandfather, grandmother, father, and mother.

Oh, yes, at different periods of time she was taught properly, but when one sees their parents, their grandparents, living a double life, generally the young child will take the evil path. Yet, the parents, and the grandparents will say, we don't know where we went wrong. And yes, theses parents, and grandparents, say they do not understand what went wrong, we taught her the right path.

The parents, grandparents, has to live the Christ like life, day in & day out, and teach their grandchildren, children, the path of Christ day in & day out. If they do not live what they teach, they lose the children.

De 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
De 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Yes, if we fail to do the above, we lose our childern, and their soul, to the prince of this world. Parents, grandparents, its up to you.

Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members

That is very sad. This is all too common. Families caught up in sin, raising their children for the devil and then wondering why their children go down the wrong road.

Several years ago there was a divorced mom in this area raising three daughters and one son. The son was always in trouble, the oldest daughter wasn't a problem until she was 16, got tired of being made fun of for being a virgin, so she went to a party, got drunk and some guy in his late 20s took her virginity. After that she really got into the booze, sleeping around, got a job as a stripper after high school.

The middle daughter, which seemed to have the most potential, ended up getting involved with "bad boys" and she ended up into drugs and booze and sleeping around. The youngest daughter ended up a druggy too.

The mother had wanted to do right and she did attend church sometimes, and sometimes took some or all of the children with her, but her life never matched what she tried to tell her children and as far as I know, she never gave her life to Christ. Sadly, she died in her 40s.

Ironically, her son who was always in trouble, now attends our church (PRAISE GOD). His wife went through some really bad health stuff and his mother-in-law began attending our church, and during a search for help and answers he followed his mother-in-law to church and found the only True answer.

Unfortunately, all his sisters are still a mess. Just last summer the cops chased his youngest sister home, she ran in the front door with the cops following and she jumped out a rear window of the house and ran into a corn field and into the timber. A few days later, after the drugs and booze had passed through her system, she turned herself in.

• Members

I got to know the father for I worked with him, I remember the 1st time I met him, he spoke of the 18 wheelers he owned, yet here he was driving for a trucking company. I was amazed, a man that owned so many 18 wheelers runing up and donw the highways and here he was working for another outfit. I finally asked other drivers about him, they told me he lies about everything, which I found to be true. He married a girl that was on grade ahead of me in school. Later on we attended the same church, I was hoping he had changed. At that time I did not know about his wife's troubles, and did not find out the alcohol problems she had till many years later. She managed to hide it from everyone for a long time, yet such things don't stay secret for ever. I might add, she is an college educated woman, she can do taxes, run nursing homes, and has, but her drinking gets in the way.

Their son Michael I've seen him a few times throughout the years. He is always kind speaking to me, very friendly, there is no doubt he remembers those church years, but he got such a mixed message, it took root, and carried him and his 2 daughters the wrong way.

Yes, I suppose there be many of them in jail across our nation, both boys and girls, much like this 16 year old girl. The sad part is that many of these people knows the answer, Jesus, and yet they're sacrificing their children to the devil.