Online Baptist Community

Pastor Says Demons Inspired My Warnings Against West Coast

RSS Robot

• Members

I guess you don't see the irony. What Lancaster does is public. What Cloud is doing is public. You say it is wrong to address Lancaster publicly but not Cloud. You really don't see the irony?

I understand how you see irony. Lancaster is it's own church. It's personal business is no more public than the personal business of my own church, no matter its size. Would it be biblical to openly publish your church's disciplinary measures against members? Lancaster is merely running into the problem that a lot of the major denominations do -- the public arena. I assure you they are capable of dealing with their own issues without D. Cloud, just as your own church doesn't need D. Cloud to address its own issues. What you to with willy? The war eagle?

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I understand how you see irony. Lancaster is it's own church. It's personal business is no more public than the personal business of my own church, no matter its size. Would it be biblical to openly publish your church's disciplinary measures against members? Lancaster is merely running into the problem that a lot of the major denominations do -- the public arena. I assure you they are capable of dealing with their own issues without D. Cloud, just as your own church doesn't need D. Cloud to address its own issues. What you to with willy? The war eagle?

I guess I'll have to disagree with you that what a church and school does is personal and private. One only has to open the Bible to see open rebukes. I'm not sure what your last 2 sentences mean. Speaking in tongues? ;)

• Members

I guess I'll have to disagree with you that what a church and school does is personal and private. One only has to open the Bible to see open rebukes. I'm not sure what your last 2 sentences mean. Speaking in tongues? ;)

No worries. Sorry about the last two sentences. I just realized I typed faster than I thought.

I've heard nothing but good things about Brother Chappel's ministry and have seen nothing but good fruit come out from his School. I have two good friends that graduated from his school and they're clean living dedicated Christians today. I don't know about all this yammering on about he-said-she-said, but I know the Bible says IF we are going to judge, we're to judge by their fruits.

I've heard nothing but good things about Brother Chappel's ministry and have seen nothing but good fruit come out from his School. I have two good friends that graduated from his school and they're clean living dedicated Christians today. I don't know about all this yammering on about he-said-she-said, but I know the Bible says IF we are going to judge, we're to judge by their fruits.

If this is the same Chappell I've read in and through Sword of the Lord, what I read was sound and edifying.

Since we are not going to pay $13 for a book by an author that some feel is error, why don't you provide quotes here (giving proper credit of course) of the offending passages?

The book "The Right Path" is found on Google books and is available for anyone to read. I can't copy and paste the text but I summarize what I see as an error in judgment on page 94.

There is a woman named Laura who got saved later in life and even though she was saved she still had a problem with cursing, smoking, and gambling. She came forward in an invitation and told Dr Chappell that she wanted to serve God. He knew that she wouldn't be able to teach a girl's Sunday School class so he decided to give her the job of vacuuming the church and calling it their "vacuum ministry".

I call this an error in judgment because I believe this would have been a perfect opportunity to deal with this woman concerning her sinful lifestyle. But instead he took the coward's way out and soothed her conscience and his. He has just taught that you can live in sin and serve God at the same time. Edited by brosmith

The book "The Right Path" is found on Google books and is available for anyone to read. I can't copy and paste the text but I summarize what I see as an error in judgment on page 94.

There is a woman named Laura who got saved later in life and even though she was saved she still had a problem with cursing, smoking, and gambling. She came forward in an invitation and told Dr Chappell that she wanted to serve God. He knew that she wouldn't be able to teach a girl's Sunday School class so he decided to give her the job of vacuuming the church and calling it their "vacuum ministry".

I call this an error in judgment because I believe this would have been a perfect opportunity to deal with this woman concerning her sinful lifestyle. But instead he took the coward's way out and soothed her conscience and his. He has just taught that you can live in sin and serve God at the same time.

Does anyone know if this is a case where he was dealing with this woman concerning her sins but failed to mention that aspect in the book or is it known that this was indeed a case of overlooking her sins and just giving her something to do so he wouldn't have to deal with her?

I call this an error in judgment because I believe this would have been a perfect opportunity to deal with this woman concerning her sinful lifestyle. But instead he took the coward's way out and soothed her conscience and his. He has just taught that you can live in sin and serve God at the same time.

Show me in the Bible where you have to be perfect to be able to serve God.

It seems you're making some very wide sweeping assumptions here. Are you assuming the woman wasn't trying to quit those thing? Does a Christian need to have everything in line before they can work a vacuum for the church? You're also assuming the Mr. Chappel turned the other way when it came to her sin. It's obvious he didn't! Some people struggle with things in their lives, and to say that a person struggling with sin CAN'T SERVE GOD is verrrrrrrrrrry Pharisaical. I think he made an excellent decision here. He didn't cut the lady off at the knees and tell her she can't be involved in the church until she become perfect (or lies about it), but at the same time he didn't put her in a position of authority in a Sunday School class.

The lady asked to serve the Lord. What you're basically saying is that Mr. Chappel should have said, "No, you're not good enough to serve the Lord." Edited by Rick Schworer

The lady asked to serve the Lord. What you're basically saying is that Mr. Chappel should have said, "No, you're not good enough to serve the Lord."

She obviously wasn't "good enough" to teach a girl's Sunday School class.

Does anyone know if this is a case where he was dealing with this woman concerning her sins but failed to mention that aspect in the book or is it known that this was indeed a case of overlooking her sins and just giving her something to do so he wouldn't have to deal with her?

I can only go by what is said in his book, nothing more and nothing less. This woman had known habitual sins in her life and she came forward in an invitation telling the pastor that she wanted to serve God. At that point, the pastor should have dealt with her concerning her habitual sins.

A perfect passage of scripture to use is 2 Timothy 2:19-21 - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

That's because there's a difference between serving the Lord and being in a position of authority. THAT is biblical.

He did put her in a position of authority. He said to her "You can be in charge of the vacuum ministry."