• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Says Demons Inspired My Warnings Against West Coast

• Members

Here we have a personal attack on David Cloud and Cloud's concern not being addressed. Implying he might have an evil spirit leading him is just wicked. It is stuff that makes me want the puke as God said the church in Revelation wanted to make him puke.

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend. But when someone is doing as he is, that is, making this a public rather than church issue, may be we should question his motivations. I'm not suggesting that he is evil. Just that maybe he is wrong on this one (and we all know that "wrong" comes from the evil one). As I said, we are all susceptible to it and are only fooling ourselves if we say we are not -- or even that we do not give in to it at time. He's David Clould the man, not David Cloud the Christ. He's given to sin just like you and me.

• Members

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend. But when someone is doing as he is, that is, making this a public rather than church issue, may be we should question his motivations. I'm not suggesting that he is evil. Just that maybe he is wrong on this one (and we all know that "wrong" comes from the evil one). As I said, we are all susceptible to it and are only fooling ourselves if we say we are not -- or even that we do not give in to it at time. He's David Clould the man, not David Cloud the Christ. He's given to sin just like you and me.

If you are reading what Cloud is saying he has made his motivation clear. He wants to make light of what is going on in some areas of Fundamental Baptist circles. I find it very ironic you attack Cloud publicly because he exposed a church/school publicly. You could have just e-mailed Cloud instead. I know he responds to e-mails because he has responded to mine in the past. If you disagree with the problem he has with CCM then lay out a solid argument. Don't attack the person giving the message. There are several things I would disagree with him it comes to Cloud's theology but I find his articles often a breathe of fresh air. He points out the issues no one wants to address because it will offend groups of people.

• Members

If you are reading what Cloud is saying he has made his motivation clear. He wants to make light of what is going on in some areas of Fundamental Baptist circles. I find it very ironic you attack Cloud publicly because he exposed a church/school publicly. You could have just e-mailed Cloud instead. I know he responds to e-mails because he has responded to mine in the past. If you disagree with the problem he has with CCM then lay out a solid argument. Don't attack the person giving the message. There are several things I would disagree with him it comes to Cloud's theology but I find his articles often a breathe of fresh air. He points out the issues no one wants to address because it will offend groups of people.

Easy brother. I don't have a problem with is stance on CCM. He's right on if you ask me. But there are biblical and unbiblical ways to address the situation. This is a discussion board and D. Cloud has mad himself a public figure. If we can't discuss the actions of public figures on a public forum, then I guess we need to cease with the attacks on our public officials and the like -- they have email addresses as well that we could direct our comments to.

• Members

Easy brother. I don't have a problem with is stance on CCM. He's right on if you ask me. But there are biblical and unbiblical ways to address the situation. This is a discussion board and D. Cloud has mad himself a public figure. If we can't discuss the actions of public figures on a public forum, then I guess we need to cease with the attacks on our public officials and the like -- they have email addresses as well that we could direct our comments to.

I guess you don't see the irony. What Lancaster does is public. What Cloud is doing is public. You say it is wrong to address Lancaster publicly but not Cloud. You really don't see the irony?

• Members

By the way and not usually one to harp up but the Lord (please no one say an evil spirit or sinful flesh) has convicted me of what is going on recently in Baptist circles I am tied too. Please don't take anything I say Matt as a personal attack. I'm normally more of an observer as you can see by my 110 posts in a span of 5 years. Now I believe I have been led to start speaking up. Cloud is not the only one out there being attacked for exposing some churches and schools recently. I would hope I never get attacked for supporting such men and ideas but if I am so be it. I rather just see revival in the churches with millions being saved than have to make such posts on the internet, but never at the expense of sound doctrine.

• Members

I guess you don't see the irony. What Lancaster does is public. What Cloud is doing is public. You say it is wrong to address Lancaster publicly but not Cloud. You really don't see the irony?

I understand how you see irony. Lancaster is it's own church. It's personal business is no more public than the personal business of my own church, no matter its size. Would it be biblical to openly publish your church's disciplinary measures against members? Lancaster is merely running into the problem that a lot of the major denominations do -- the public arena. I assure you they are capable of dealing with their own issues without D. Cloud, just as your own church doesn't need D. Cloud to address its own issues. What you to with willy? The war eagle?

• Members

I understand how you see irony. Lancaster is it's own church. It's personal business is no more public than the personal business of my own church, no matter its size. Would it be biblical to openly publish your church's disciplinary measures against members? Lancaster is merely running into the problem that a lot of the major denominations do -- the public arena. I assure you they are capable of dealing with their own issues without D. Cloud, just as your own church doesn't need D. Cloud to address its own issues. What you to with willy? The war eagle?

I guess I'll have to disagree with you that what a church and school does is personal and private. One only has to open the Bible to see open rebukes. I'm not sure what your last 2 sentences mean. Speaking in tongues? ;)

• Members

I guess I'll have to disagree with you that what a church and school does is personal and private. One only has to open the Bible to see open rebukes. I'm not sure what your last 2 sentences mean. Speaking in tongues? ;)

No worries. Sorry about the last two sentences. I just realized I typed faster than I thought.

• Members

I've heard nothing but good things about Brother Chappel's ministry and have seen nothing but good fruit come out from his School. I have two good friends that graduated from his school and they're clean living dedicated Christians today. I don't know about all this yammering on about he-said-she-said, but I know the Bible says IF we are going to judge, we're to judge by their fruits.

• Members

I've heard nothing but good things about Brother Chappel's ministry and have seen nothing but good fruit come out from his School. I have two good friends that graduated from his school and they're clean living dedicated Christians today. I don't know about all this yammering on about he-said-she-said, but I know the Bible says IF we are going to judge, we're to judge by their fruits.

If this is the same Chappell I've read in and through Sword of the Lord, what I read was sound and edifying.

• Members
Since we are not going to pay $13 for a book by an author that some feel is error, why don't you provide quotes here (giving proper credit of course) of the offending passages?

The book "The Right Path" is found on Google books and is available for anyone to read. I can't copy and paste the text but I summarize what I see as an error in judgment on page 94.

There is a woman named Laura who got saved later in life and even though she was saved she still had a problem with cursing, smoking, and gambling. She came forward in an invitation and told Dr Chappell that she wanted to serve God. He knew that she wouldn't be able to teach a girl's Sunday School class so he decided to give her the job of vacuuming the church and calling it their "vacuum ministry".

I call this an error in judgment because I believe this would have been a perfect opportunity to deal with this woman concerning her sinful lifestyle. But instead he took the coward's way out and soothed her conscience and his. He has just taught that you can live in sin and serve God at the same time. Edited by brosmith

• Members

The book "The Right Path" is found on Google books and is available for anyone to read. I can't copy and paste the text but I summarize what I see as an error in judgment on page 94.

There is a woman named Laura who got saved later in life and even though she was saved she still had a problem with cursing, smoking, and gambling. She came forward in an invitation and told Dr Chappell that she wanted to serve God. He knew that she wouldn't be able to teach a girl's Sunday School class so he decided to give her the job of vacuuming the church and calling it their "vacuum ministry".

I call this an error in judgment because I believe this would have been a perfect opportunity to deal with this woman concerning her sinful lifestyle. But instead he took the coward's way out and soothed her conscience and his. He has just taught that you can live in sin and serve God at the same time.

Does anyone know if this is a case where he was dealing with this woman concerning her sins but failed to mention that aspect in the book or is it known that this was indeed a case of overlooking her sins and just giving her something to do so he wouldn't have to deal with her?