• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Amish Grace

• Members

This movie is based on the 2006 Nickel Mines shootings, in which a man went into an Amish school and senselessly murdered five little girls and then killed himself.

The Amish community, in stark contrast to "the peaceful religion of Islam," responded by forgiving the man and embracing his surviving family with kindness and love. Absolutely amazing.

This was my review on Amazon:

In a time when self-love rules the day, this film demonstrates the power of true, Biblical forgiveness. The Bible doesn't teach us that a person has to earn forgiveness, or that they even have to ask for it. We should give forgiveness because Christ forgave us, and that is the primary reason. It's easy for anyone to explain these truths - but these people LIVED IT.

Best line in the movie: "Forgiveness comes without condition, or it doesn't come at all!"

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

That's a movie I've actually seen. I thought it was actually a pretty good movie. They didn't focus on the violence, as is most often the case, but rather on the personal interactions and how faith plays out when hit so very hard.

Some of the things the elders and the husband of one of the slain had to say were very powerful. Likely because they were also biblical!

• 3 weeks later...