• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wis. Money Problems

• Members

I don't know how many people have seen what is going on in Wis. There is a stink going on between the unions and the Gov. over pay and there being money to pay them. Some of it has to do with collective bargaining, (of which they could not accomplish even before the Rep. Gov. got voted into office.).

Anyhow I saw this sign at the protest and wonder what will we sell our beliefs for,:

Born Again

Prolife Fundamental Baptist

Turned Democrat

Thanks to Steve Walker

Steve Walker is the new Gov. of Wis.

• Members

If you want to stir anyone up, just get in their pocketbook, and that is true for most professing Christians.

Americas think there should be cuts in spending, as long as it does not cost them one red cent. And for most, politics is all about pocketbook, and getting everything in their favor.

• Members
Wisconsin Doctors Tell Teachers: Call in Sick to Continue Protests

Lots of people want our budgets, state & federal fixed, yet they want others to take the cuts, not self, and they might even fight to keep what they have. As a pastor told me once, start getting into someones pocketbook, that's when they will get heated up.

• Members

And now according to a local radio station here in SW MO, Indiana Dems are fleeing the House to avoid a vote there. They are supposedly running to IL and KY.
What in the world is going on with our elected leaders in this country?

Dems in Texas have pulled this move several times, running to hide in hotels in Oklahoma.

It's all about wanting everything their way or they will take their ball and run off.

• Members

They really need to change their laws as to attendance or quorum definitions......

I know that if my legislative representative ran away from their duties like this they would never get my vote again, even if I agreed with their view point. Shirking one's duty while under fire is inexcusable.

• Members

They really need to change their laws as to attendance or quorum definitions......

I know that if my legislative representative ran away from their duties like this they would never get my vote again, even if I agreed with their view point. Shirking one's duty while under fire is inexcusable.

Agreed. They need a "no runaway" clause where those who purposefully leave to avoid a vote are not counted as a part of the whole for purposes of achieving a quorum or whatever number is needed.