• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lying Evolutionary Art: Nebraska Man

• Members
nebraskaman
February 16, 2011 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article)

It has been said that “a picture is worth a thousand words,” and I have no doubt that more people have been influenced to believe in evolution by artwork than by words. From its inception, Darwinian evolution has been popularized by art.

Lying art.

NEBRASKA MAN

In 1922, Henry Osborn, president of the American Natural History Museum in New York City, announced the discovery of a new missing link between apes and man based on “fossils” discovered in Nebraska.

View the full article

• Members

Does anyone here believe in the "Darwinianism" espoused by scientists and others?

I don't know about currently, but there have been a few here that have held to at least partial belief in some of what they put forth.

I've encountered many Catholics, Episcopals, Presbys and Methodists who believe in this stuff and many were taught this in their churches.

• Members

Does anyone here believe in the "Darwinianism" espoused by scientists and others?

I for one don't, but I have heard preachers and other Christians who now give credence to it by not standing for the Bible's account of creation. Statements such as "Well we don't really know how long the days in the book of Genesis really were. They may have been 1000 years for one day." "We don't know how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, it may have been million of years." "Well you know it takes billions of years for the light from the stars to reach the earth."

I was at a VBS a couple of years ago, and had the preacher ask the ids how old the thought the earth was? Over 50% said millions of years old. And some of these children went to Christian schools.

Ken Ham wrote a book called "All Ready Gone". In it he addressed the fact that we are losing the young people from our churched. (One of the premises of the book is that our children have decided to leave the church long before they reach the age that they will go out on their own, and that is while they are still in high school) Of the 1000, 18-30 year olds they interviewed 25% +/- were Baptist. Two of the one of the biggest reasons that the gave for leaving the church was that of hypocrisy in the leadership of the church. In that they did not stand for anything and that world views were being excepted over Biblical views.

• Members

I for one don't, but I have heard preachers and other Christians who now give credence to it by not standing for the Bible's account of creation. Statements such as "Well we don't really know how long the days in the book of Genesis really were. They may have been 1000 years for one day." "We don't know how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, it may have been million of years." "Well you know it takes billions of years for the light from the stars to reach the earth."

I was at a VBS a couple of years ago, and had the preacher ask the ids how old the thought the earth was? Over 50% said millions of years old. And some of these children went to Christian schools.

Ken Ham wrote a book called "All Ready Gone". In it he addressed the fact that we are losing the young people from our churched. (One of the premises of the book is that our children have decided to leave the church long before they reach the age that they will go out on their own, and that is while they are still in high school) Of the 1000, 18-30 year olds they interviewed 25% +/- were Baptist. Two of the one of the biggest reasons that the gave for leaving the church was that of hypocrisy in the leadership of the church. In that they did not stand for anything and that world views were being excepted over Biblical views.

That's a major problem and one that keeps getting worse. What is to be expected when professing Christian parents send their children to public schools which teach everything anti-Christian and "religion" is taught as unimportant or even destructive...especially Christianity.

Then we have pastors across the land who grew up in the public schools who attend seminaries taught by professors who attended public schools and none of these have enough faith or biblical understanding to teach the Bible rather than the doctrines of man.

It's pathetic how many pastors are out there who proclaim that God created everything but he used evolution as His means of doing this. So many state that the Genesis account of creation is just a nice story but "obviously" not a factual account. They saw God set forth in motion the "big bang" which led to evolution which eventually brought us about. Once they have rejected the biblical creation account, which permeates the Bible, it's easy to reject and discount so much of the rest of the Bible and teach and preach a "christianity" of man's invention.