• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just got word....

• Administrators

My hubby just called to tell me that his brothers had to call the ambulance for his mom. She was incoherent - I don't know why, but she has had a history of heart problems and cancer. We are over 5 hours away, and it is nigh on to impossible to make a trip over there. I know this is hurting my hubby. Please pray for my MIL, and for my hubby. Thanks.

• Administrators

My hubby delivers in the wee hours of the morning Sun-Sat and in the afternoons Mon-Fri. He is a sub-contractor and thus gets no vacation days. That in itself would not be a problem, but he has to pay for his subs. Therein lies the rub: training someone (every time he gets someone trained, they go on to other things [understandably!]), aligning schedules to fit his, and then paying them.

Plus right now, the weather is not good. We are expecting a major blizzard to hit any time - up to 22 inches by tomorrow morning.

Thank you for asking, trc. Prayer is the best thing right now. His brothers didn't seem to think he needed to make a trip right away. When she had her heart problems, they called and told him to get right down there. I know my hubby wants to go and see her, and needs to. Perhaps when the weather clears up....

• Administrators

She actually had an ear infection and a bladder infection. She's still struggling with her hearing a bit, but getting better. They kept her in the hospital through the snow storm, which was actually more ice. Thank you to everyone for your prayers. Much appreciated!