• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Reply to a Schaap Supporter

• Members

Irishman, Daniel I say this in the most loving manner I can muster. I pray you will forgive me.

The bible makes it clear we must study (1st Tim. 2.15).

These definitions are an egregious misuse of the scripture. Repentance takes on many meanings depending on the context in which it is written. For salvation repentance is, yes, a change in mind but also an amendment in behaviour. Look and see if I am infact wrong.

Metanoeo, (3340 strong's/vines) is a change of mind that leads to an amendment in behavior. This word always points to a change for the better in the NT (except in Luke 17.3-4) and always of repentance from sin.

To say that repentance means one thing alone is a grave error.

More on the topic. Jack Schaap, is a man leaden with error. One preacher even stated that he confronted Schaap and asked him (my paraphrase) would you change if I could prove you wrong and Schaap said that he would not. For the record I have been to FBC hammond, HAC and even met Br. Schaap. He is a nice guy, pompous a bit, but in serious error and un-willing to change.

I am sorry LuAnne, I had to comment on the blatant and egregious misuse of scripture.

Respectfully Submitted,

Br Steve

Gal. 2.20

Edited by MilkmanDan

• Members
One preacher even stars that he confronted Schaap and asked him (paraphrase) would you change if I could prove you wrong and Schaap said that he would not.

I have to say that in my experience this is true of 80% of the IFB preachers I've met and probably 50% of the people posting on this board.

• Members

I have to say that in my experience this is true of 80% of the IFB preachers I've met and probably 50% of the people posting on this board.

It is sad to say but most people are like that. They have the attitude of don't confuse me with the facts; you can show them what the Word teaches and they still refuse to accept it.

• Members

It is sad to say but most people are like that. They have the attitude of don't confuse me with the facts; you can show them what the Word teaches and they still refuse to accept it.

The real danger is when we our self become that way and don't even realize it............!

• Members

This comes down to pride. We are to have a humble, teachable spirit, not a prideful one that believes we already know everything and anyone who disagrees must be wrong.

Certainly, in areas where we have thoroughly studied a matter in Scripture, we may indeed know the truth of something to which no one could budge us...such as Jesus being the Son of God, for instance.

In other areas we may only think we know something or we may not have made a thorough study of something. In which case we should listen to what others say and then check it by the Word.

For some, it's a matter of them having decided this is what I'm going to believe and how I'm going to conduct myself and that's it. They have hardened their heart and closed their ears to learning, to correction, to growth, to seeking to walk in the Spirit.

May the Lord help us to have humble, teachable spirits and may we seek to walk in the Spirit and not in the pride of our own flesh.

• Members
Jack Schaap, is a man laden with error.

Could you give specific examples, please? I'm not challenging you on this, because I couldn't say one way or another. John R. Rice was a bible corrector, but I wouldn't say he was "laden with error." What about Schaap's teachings are so consistently erroneous?

• Members

This comes down to pride. We are to have a humble, teachable spirit, not a prideful one that believes we already know everything and anyone who disagrees must be wrong.

Certainly, in areas where we have thoroughly studied a matter in Scripture, we may indeed know the truth of something to which no one could budge us...such as Jesus being the Son of God, for instance.

In other areas we may only think we know something or we may not have made a thorough study of something. In which case we should listen to what others say and then check it by the Word.

For some, it's a matter of them having decided this is what I'm going to believe and how I'm going to conduct myself and that's it. They have hardened their heart and closed their ears to learning, to correction, to growth, to seeking to walk in the Spirit.

May the Lord help us to have humble, teachable spirits and may we seek to walk in the Spirit and not in the pride of our own flesh.

It is possible that we might have studied a subject a great deal but having done so with our blinders on, we have not really seen what is clearly written. In such a situation, we may think we know the truth and still not be free.

• Members

Could you give specific examples, please? I'm not challenging you on this, because I couldn't say one way or another. John R. Rice was a bible corrector, but I wouldn't say he was "laden with error." What about Schaap's teachings are so consistently erroneous?
I'd be glad to reply but a. I must sleep, I work tonight and B. re read the OP. If you'd like start a new topic and we'll traverse that rocky path.

R/S

Br. Steve

Gal. 2. Edited by MilkmanDan

• Administrators

Here's a review of the book he wrote about marriage...http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/schaap/general.htm

R.B. Ouellette on the sermon "For Christ's Sake" (which was also a book): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-GJnAsElM

And there's so much more....

(go to sleep, Steve! :icon_mrgreen: )

• Members

Well, he's certainly got some weird ideas about sex....

I just watched the video referenced about Schaap teaching about Mary and Joseph. I found no "heresy," just some conjecture that he admittedly says is that. I did notice that whoever posted the video was less than honest in that they edited out his reading of the Scriptures that he used to buttress some of his thoughts, which makes it very difficult to actually know verse(s) to which Pastor Schaap was referring.

As to any other claims, I am not commenting.

• Members

There somethings I would not change on, and I know many that would love for me to change, and actually as far as the world is concerned it would be expedient for me to change, yet I'm not going to leave God on these issues.

And its not because of pride, its because the 'Christian Road' is absolutely narrow and strait, plus there be many that hates that road.

I might add, one that stays on that narrow strait road will not make lots of worldly friends, in fact they just might treat you as they treated Jesus.

I might mention, the false teacher, in his mind everyone else is wrong and he really thinks he can prove them wrong using the Bible.