• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New member from Illinois- jebarr

• Members

Hello. Have been reading alot of articles and sermons and doctrine on this website since I joined and finally had some time to say hello. My family and I have been IFB Baptist for the last two years. We had been in another church for a number of years dwindling and not growing in our faith. The Lord led us to wonderful IFB church that emphasizes God's word via the KJB. Additionally, here, my wife and two of my children have been saved! Glory to God. I grew up in a pentecostal church and was saved there, baptized in both the Trinity and Jesus' name only. As a young teen and young adult I mostly went to a Nazarene church. The way I was taught though was that after backsliding, you had to go and be saved again or rededicate yourself to God. In my former mind, I must have been saved 5 or 6 times throughout my life. I never knew about eternal security until the Lord led me to our IFB church. What peace of mind there is in Eternal Security. Not that one has a license to sin but you can know for sure you are still saved even after sinning and that cannot be taken away. I was re-baptized at our new IFB church as evidence to the membership that I was saved and trusted in my saviour Jesus Christ. Now we just have my oldest two sons who need to be saved. I pray for them daily to be saved but feel guilt for having groomed them in a mostly secular church that did not even stress needing to be saved and often times there was not even an alter call or invitation. They are 21 and 24 and we invite them and take them to our new church as often as their schedule allows. So I pray their salvation as does the rest of my saved family. Thanks for reading this and having such a wonderful forum and website such as this.

God Bless,

Bro Jebarr

• Members

Hello. Have been reading alot of articles and sermons and doctrine on this website since I joined and finally had some time to say hello. My family and I have been IFB Baptist for the last two years. We had been in another church for a number of years dwindling and not growing in our faith. The Lord led us to wonderful IFB church that emphasizes God's word via the KJB. Additionally, here, my wife and two of my children have been saved! Glory to God. I grew up in a pentecostal church and was saved there, baptized in both the Trinity and Jesus' name only. As a young teen and young adult I mostly went to a Nazarene church. The way I was taught though was that after backsliding, you had to go and be saved again or rededicate yourself to God. In my former mind, I must have been saved 5 or 6 times throughout my life. I never knew about eternal security until the Lord led me to our IFB church. What peace of mind there is in Eternal Security. Not that one has a license to sin but you can know for sure you are still saved even after sinning and that cannot be taken away. I was re-baptized at our new IFB church as evidence to the membership that I was saved and trusted in my saviour Jesus Christ. Now we just have my oldest two sons who need to be saved. I pray for them daily to be saved but feel guilt for having groomed them in a mostly secular church that did not even stress needing to be saved and often times there was not even an alter call or invitation. They are 21 and 24 and we invite them and take them to our new church as often as their schedule allows. So I pray their salvation as does the rest of my saved family. Thanks for reading this and having such a wonderful forum and website such as this.

God Bless,

Bro Jebarr

I'm praying for those MRI results. I will add you and your wife to my daily prayers. God bless.