• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Saithood for past pope?

• Members

The RCC is considering sainthood for late Pope John Paul II what do you think?

He has to have performed miracles. So a nun has come up with one...

The first signs that Sister Marie Simon-Pierre was about to experience what many consider a miracle came after evening prayers, when it seemed a voice spoke to her demanding: “Take your pen and write.”

The French nun, who had been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease four years earlier, in 2001, did as commanded.

“And my handwriting was perfectly legible” she said. “Astonishing! I lay on my bed amazed.”

Only hours before she had tried to write the name of John Paul II, the charismatic, globe-trotting pope to whom she and the other sisters in her religious order prayed that she be healed. But the task was difficult, and the result illegible, she reported in a 2007 testimonial, the first time her identity was revealed.

• Members

Can the mods correct the title - PLEEEEEZ

Bible saints are saints while they live - Christian believers. There are no living RCs identified as saints.

Psa 89:5 And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

Act 9:32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all [quarters], he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.

The antics of Rome are not relevant to Gospel Christians.

• Members

Can the mods correct the title - PLEEEEEZ

Bible saints are saints while they live - Christian believers. There are no living RCs identified as saints.

Psa 89:5 And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

Act 9:32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all [quarters], he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.

The antics of Rome are not relevant to Gospel Christians.

There are many more scriptures which agree with you. I also agree, I was made a saint by the blood of Jesus Christ when I believed.

I don't think any of us here will be confused by the title but, many may not be familiar with beatification and its process in the RCC.

What other title would you suggest?

• Members

Before I got saved I, like the rest of this unsaved world, was under the illusion that someone had to do something GREAT to become a "saint". Then when I believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and was shown from scripture that I was now a saint, I felt kinda special. GREAT is the Lord, and greatly to be praised.

• Members

Only in the last few years did I realize that I was considered a saint of God, and I've been saved for years!! So glad I can grow in my faith :)

In March of 2004 I visited Italy, my sister was stationed in Naples and one weekend we went to Rome. That was quite the experience. We happened to be there on the day of a beatification ceremony. Really jsut the experience of being in a beautiful city was all we got out of it. We saw John Paul... it was kind of sad really because he was obviously not well at all. The whole process was completely foreign to us not being Catholic or knowing Latin and Italian. He died exactly one year later give or take a day. Looking back I wish I had known more than I do now so that I could personally stand up for my faith the truth, but I suppose at the time my sister and I were just excited to be in Rome on what seemed like an important day.

Well that was a lame story that really doesn't much matter.. but I'm definitely thankful to be a saint of God, no fancy ceremony or inquiry in to my past!

• Members

Only in the last few years did I realize that I was considered a saint of God, and I've been saved for years!! So glad I can grow in my faith :)

In March of 2004 I visited Italy, my sister was stationed in Naples and one weekend we went to Rome. That was quite the experience. We happened to be there on the day of a beatification ceremony. Really jsut the experience of being in a beautiful city was all we got out of it. We saw John Paul... it was kind of sad really because he was obviously not well at all. The whole process was completely foreign to us not being Catholic or knowing Latin and Italian. He died exactly one year later give or take a day. Looking back I wish I had known more than I do now so that I could personally stand up for my faith the truth, but I suppose at the time my sister and I were just excited to be in Rome on what seemed like an important day.

Well that was a lame story that really doesn't much matter.. but I'm definitely thankful to be a saint of God, no fancy ceremony or inquiry in to my past!

Saint Lisa Anne has a good ring to it.