• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Clever Ideas

• Members

I just love countdown calendars and alluded to them in my Christmas Fluff thread.

What are some clever ideas you have done or seen done?

(An Advent Calendar is anything you can use to count down the days 'til Christmas. The gifts for these are very small in size and/or cost. Stickers, candy, activity ideas are the kinds of things that go with these calendars.)

A really neat idea that I came across recently is to have 24 boxes each a little larger than the one before. You put a tiny gift inside the smallest box and wrap it. Then put that box inside a larger box along with a gift that fits. You do that for 24 boxes. Granted, it is time consuming to wrap all those boxes but I just love this idea! It also helps that I enjoy wrapping presents. :frog

Another idea I saw was a miniature clothes line that had 24 little stockings hung on it with clothespins. Very cute!

Hi, Jess. When you "alluded" to the "countdown calendars" in the Christmas Fluff thread...it reminded me of what my mom used to do when we were kids. :smile I tried it for a couple of years...but, it kinda "faded" as I was so busy at work with crafts. **Exhausted** in fact. LOL.

A really neat idea that I came across recently is to have 24 boxes each a little larger than the one before. You put a tiny gift inside the smallest box and wrap it. Then put that box inside a larger box along with a gift that fits. You do that for 24 boxes. Granted, it is time consuming to wrap all those boxes but I just love this idea! It also helps that I enjoy wrapping presents. :frog

I have done this with my son and step-daughter when they were young. They loved it!! I loved seeing the excitement on their precious faces. Both of them can wrap presents quite nicely. :-)

I have also done "lots" of ornament making, too, with the kids. Let's see...we made many homemade gifts. I will have to remember all of these things. A "blast from the past." :lol: I love "walking down Memory Lane" with these things.