• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Good post Jerry. The point of knowing that Jesus is coming again isn't so we can guess when, but so we have immediate reason to obey the Word of God; growing in Christ and walking in the Spirit, so when Christ does return at the time we don't expect, we will be living for Him and found doing His will and not walking in the flesh.

• Members

If I predict that Jesus will return to take His church on January 7, 2011 and He does not do so then yes I am a false prophet.

Maybe in your book but not in mine. Only if they say "thus saith the Lord" is it a false prophecy. Did Hal say that this was certain?

I predict things all the time. I predict that you are going to disagree with me about this. Am I a false prophet?

• Members

I believe we are saying the same thing here. Date setting, which includes year settings, is unbiblical and therefore wrong and those who engage in such are false teachers.

Only if you say the date is a defintite and God told you it was that date. I still see no problem with discerning the signs of the times (Matt. 16:3). The problem comes when you get people to alter their lives or follow you "out into the desert". You can still "watch and pray" yet make a prediction IMO.

Call me a false prophet and see if I care. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

Maybe in your book but not in mine. Only if they say "thus saith the Lord" is it a false prophecy. Did Hal say that this was certain?

I predict things all the time. I predict that you are going to disagree with me about this. Am I a false prophet?

What you, and I, and every other Christina needs to do is let our Lord take care of the future, while we go about the works our Lord has given us.

Lu 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing

If we would all do that the Christians would be a much better influence, besides, Jesus gave us instructions, Go, Teach, Baptize, not to Go, Teach, Baptize while guessing when Jesus would come back for His own.

Mt 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mt 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mt 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Mr 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Lu 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Lu 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Ro 13:11 ¶ And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed

Re 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Re 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Yes, we need to believe the Bible on this issue, leave it along, watch and be ready, if we go thru life guessing any part of it, we do in unbeliever of God's Word, while failing to give our self fully to that which our lord has given us to do.

No one knows when the thief comes, not the second, minute, hour, day, not year.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Mt 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Lu 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

At a time ye think not ought to be good enough for ever believe of Christ, and that is the proper way to leave it, and stop guessing, that has made a fool of many people, why follow their footsteps, why not follow Jesus on this matter?

• 11 months later...
  • Members

This Generation

Zephaniah 1:14a,2:1-2a
1 The great day of the Lord is near it is near and hasteth greatly,

2:1 Gather yourselves together, yea gather together, oh nation not desired; before before before before

Soon after Israel gathered the day of the Lord will come and the rapture is even sooner!

Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

It sure seems to indicate that the rapture will come soon. I can't wait!