• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Don't Ask Don't Tell

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes there are prOBlems with America Military Services, and its not small prOBlems, its big prOBlems. And the child of God best be careful about any vow he or she makes, more especially when it infringes on his relationship with the Father, and the Son. And the latter is a big prOBlem with today's Military Services, for in those vows he or she loses rights in worshipping, praying to, living for, and witnessing for His Lord.

And of course, our Lord should be the most important thing to us. Although most people puts the jOB that pays the most above their Lord, where we can serve His best, and or His will.

2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

And of course, we are soldiers for our Lord, and we should not get entangled in any thing that will come between us and our Lord.

• Members

Yes there are prOBlems with America Military Services, and its not small prOBlems, its big prOBlems. And the child of God best be careful about any vow he or she makes, more especially when it infringes on his relationship with the Father, and the Son. And the latter is a big prOBlem with today's Military Services, for in those vows he or she loses rights in worshipping, praying to, living for, and witnessing for His Lord.

And of course, our Lord should be the most important thing to us. Although most people puts the jOB that pays the most above their Lord, where we can serve His best, and or His will.

2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

And of course, we are soldiers for our Lord, and we should not get entangled in any thing that will come between us and our Lord.

:amen:

Unfortunately I've seen several "good church kids" join the military so they could get their education paid for, only to become corrupted by the foul environment. The cares of the world overcame them in the military where they didn't have the solid Christian support system they needed. What good is it if we gain the world but lose our soul?

• Members

:amen:

Unfortunately I've seen several "good church kids" join the military so they could get their education paid for, only to become corrupted by the foul environment. The cares of the world overcame them in the military where they didn't have the solid Christian support system they needed. What good is it if we gain the world but lose our soul?

So true John, but so sad, for many Christians refuse to see it, perhaps they can't see it.

We are still teaching our children to 1st seek making money, 2nd seek God, while it matters little how they seek money, just as long as they get it, and therefore have what is called a 'better life.' That's the American way.

• Members

Chev has a good point. We separate men from women OBviously because the two are (for the most part) attracted to one another and can cause a disruption if they were to share certain facilities. Does this mean men and women will be integrated? It's certainly an argument I've never thought about.

However, with that said, I highly doubt that if DADT is repealed that we will have even a minor increase in sexually disruptive behavior- the military doesn't tolerate it for straights, they certainly won't tolerate it for gays.

• Members

Chev has a good point. We separate men from women OBviously because the two are (for the most part) attracted to one another and can cause a disruption if they were to share certain facilities. Does this mean men and women will be integrated? It's certainly an argument I've never thought about.

However, with that said, I highly doubt that if DADT is repealed that we will have even a minor increase in sexually disruptive behavior- the military doesn't tolerate it for straights, they certainly won't tolerate it for gays.

I am not so sure. A lot of men won't come forward and tell someone that they were raped. We might not know the increase of sexually disruptive behaviour. I have a feeling that a lot more "blanket parties" will be going on. I think a lot of matters will be solved in different ways.

• Members

I am not so sure. A lot of men won't come forward and tell someone that they were raped. We might not know the increase of sexually disruptive behaviour. I have a feeling that a lot more "blanket parties" will be going on. I think a lot of matters will be solved in different ways.

Many things go unreported in the Military, some times even those in charge will try to shut it up.

While I was in the Air Force, before I married and while living in the barracks we had a homosexual in our barracks. One Airmen that he tried to seduce worked out of the same shop I did. He spoke of this with us, some feared he might kill his self over it. I've often wondered how his life turned out.

• Members

So true John, but so sad, for many Christians refuse to see it, perhaps they can't see it.

We are still teaching our children to 1st seek making money, 2nd seek God, while it matters little how they seek money, just as long as they get it, and therefore have what is called a 'better life.' That's the American way.

Our pastor often warns of this. As he says, it sounds so good, right and even spiritual to say we put family first but that's unbiblical and actually idolotry. God is to come first, family should come second. However, too many professing Christians place God in second or third place, after family and career. And all too often, when someone says they put family first, this actually means they chase money "for the family".

Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God.

• Members

As a recent report revieled, homosexual misconduct is being swept under the rug for the sake of political correctness. Even counting only reported offenses, sexual assaults committed by homosexuals outnumber by those committed by heterosexuals by 2-4 times.

The complaint among many in the military is the growing trend of the unwritten rule that reports against homosexuals for anything involving sex is to be silenced.

• Members

We all might as get use to it, our government will sooner of later give homosexuals the rights they've been fighting for, and the ONLY cure for it is trying to change one heart at a time. That is the cure for it is not our government, but Jesus Christ.

:amen::thumb:
God bless,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14.

• Members

I agree with many of things said here but disagree with a few as well.

I disagree the repeal will not increase disruptive sexual behavior. While, I agree that the military will not condone it and they will prosecute no matter what...the instances will increase even if it's just heterosexuals beating on a homosexual for staring at him in the shower.

I disagree a Christian can not live a truly Christian life in the military. While, the military is a cesspool for sin, it is still no different working in a construction environment or office environment or an off work environment. I realize there are some different aspects as far as sleeping close quarters, showering and the like. Military personnel can pray if they want while at work, we can read our Bible if we want, we can talk about our faith if we want (especially if someone brings it up, they just opened a door), we can go to Church, we don't have to cuss, we don't have to drink, etc.

As a matter of fact, I believe Christianity is more widely accepted in the military than in any business we would work in during civilian life (except for the ministry). Are we coming farther and farther away every second? Yes. Is the Chaplain Corps suspect? Yes.

How about all these military personnel (including are own JOINT CHAIRMAN ADMIRAL MULLEN) that said they have worked with openly homosexual service members and they didn't pose a prOBlem. Hold on a second, Admiral, did you just say you knew a openly homosexual military member and you didn't report them? Then you sir, are suspect already. You sir, have disOBeyed a direct military order and now want to tell me they didn't pose a prOBlem? How do I know you aren't lying? Those that say they work with an openly homosexual and have not reported them then tell us on a survey that they posed know prOBlem are liars.

There are some terrible times coming for the military, surely, but saying someone shouldn't join the military due to some of the things that happen is a little hypocritical unless you are telling them they should only go into the ministry. At this point, I'm talking strictly about men. At least the military has kept some of their morals, they haven't let openly homosexual people in yet where most businesses these days including police, firefighters allow openly homosexual people. Adultery is still illegal in the military, sodomy is illegal, disrespect can be charged, drunk on duty, we perform multiple and random urine tests for drugs, bouncing checks is a chargeable offense, bigamy, bribery, cohabitation with a "false" spouse, debt and failing to pay, in capacitation from drunkenness, indecent LANGUAGE is even chargeable (try charging someone today for that), indecent sexual acts...there is so much more.

The point is, there are many more rules in place in the military to keep it even more moral than everyday society. While, the military is a cesspool for sin, so is each and every non-Christian business, jOB everyone else partakes in. It sickens me but I see no recourse by leaving the military and working at walmart or something like that.

• Members

I agree with many of things said here but disagree with a few as well.

I disagree the repeal will not increase disruptive sexual behavior. While, I agree that the military will not condone it and they will prosecute no matter what...the instances will increase even if it's just heterosexuals beating on a homosexual for staring at him in the shower.

I disagree a Christian can not live a truly Christian life in the military. While, the military is a cesspool for sin, it is still no different working in a construction environment or office environment or an off work environment. I realize there are some different aspects as far as sleeping close quarters, showering and the like. Military personnel can pray if they want while at work, we can read our Bible if we want, we can talk about our faith if we want (especially if someone brings it up, they just opened a door), we can go to Church, we don't have to cuss, we don't have to drink, etc.

As a matter of fact, I believe Christianity is more widely accepted in the military than in any business we would work in during civilian life (except for the ministry). Are we coming farther and farther away every second? Yes. Is the Chaplain Corps suspect? Yes.

How about all these military personnel (including are own JOINT CHAIRMAN ADMIRAL MULLEN) that said they have worked with openly homosexual service members and they didn't pose a prOBlem. Hold on a second, Admiral, did you just say you knew a openly homosexual military member and you didn't report them? Then you sir, are suspect already. You sir, have disOBeyed a direct military order and now want to tell me they didn't pose a prOBlem? How do I know you aren't lying? Those that say they work with an openly homosexual and have not reported them then tell us on a survey that they posed know prOBlem are liars.

There are some terrible times coming for the military, surely, but saying someone shouldn't join the military due to some of the things that happen is a little hypocritical unless you are telling them they should only go into the ministry. At this point, I'm talking strictly about men. At least the military has kept some of their morals, they haven't let openly homosexual people in yet where most businesses these days including police, firefighters allow openly homosexual people. Adultery is still illegal in the military, sodomy is illegal, disrespect can be charged, drunk on duty, we perform multiple and random urine tests for drugs, bouncing checks is a chargeable offense, bigamy, bribery, cohabitation with a "false" spouse, debt and failing to pay, in capacitation from drunkenness, indecent LANGUAGE is even chargeable (try charging someone today for that), indecent sexual acts...there is so much more.

The point is, there are many more rules in place in the military to keep it even more moral than everyday society. While, the military is a cesspool for sin, so is each and every non-Christian business, jOB everyone else partakes in. It sickens me but I see no recourse by leaving the military and working at walmart or something like that.

Well put, I agree. Also, Jerry...yes, one heart at a time. It is our nation that is sick from head to foot and our military is just one part of that society.

• Members
DADT Out, Gay Spousal Benefits In?

Since the DoD is bound by the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act, which bars the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages and does not allow spousal benefits for gay partners, the end of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy will not mean that same-sex partners will automatically have access to most military benefits. However, same-sex partners may be eligible for some benefits in the future.