• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mormon Cartoon

• Members

Forgive my ignorance on false religions, but are they truly serious? Do they really believe this stuff?

A non-practicing mormon (for about 18 years) told me none of that in the video was true. Unfortunately, the official LDS website confirms some of those ideas and beliefs:

http://www.mormon.org/joseph-smith/

• Members

All in that video comes from traditional Mormon teaching. Just as in most religions, there are many Mormons who are ignorant of some or many aspects of Mormonism. There have been attempts over the years to change some aspects, hide others, and generally whitewash many Mormon beliefs in order to "mainstream" Mormonism. This has worked well for them. They are a fast growing religion and have among many, and are among many more becoming viewed as just another Christian denomination.

Tens of thousands of "conservative Chrisitans" flocking to Glenn Beck, followinig him like a great teacher and claiming this avowed Mormon to be "Christian" because mentions Jesus, has greatly expanding the mainstreaming acceptance of Mormonism.

Unfortunately today, when some professing Christians are tired of their watered down churches and are looking for a church with actual standards, rather than searching for a proper biblical church, they turn to Mormonism as being a more solid "Christain denomination".

• Administrators

Forgive my ignorance on false religions, but are they truly serious? Do they really believe this stuff?

Yes, cubfan, they absolutely do. Anyone who has gone through the lessons that the missionaries teach (which we did - several times) learns this. Reading the Pearl of Great Price, Book of Moses, Book of Abraham and the Book of Mormon reinforces the teaching. One thing that wasn't pointed out (well, I stopped watching at the point of eternal marriage, so they may have said it, but it didn't seem like they were going to) is that: being married in the temple creates an eternal marriage (which was mentioned). But...it is the man who is the god, not the woman. And so in eternity, he can choose to call her up to join him on his planet and bear his spirit children. So, if he has more than one wife on the earth, he has a number to choose from...

My mom's best friend was married to a Mormon. They had not gotten married in the temple. However, he had been married before - and that marriage was sealed. Her heart was broken because she wouldn't be h is wife in eternity...Two of his daughters and his son are good Mormons. One daughter has never been. One was, and was married in the temple. She has been divorced for many years: there is something about that ceremony that changes people. Many of the men who go through it really become icky, for lack of a better word - because now they are heading for godhood (godhood cannot be attained if the man never marries...)

I've never heard of anyone in a watered down church leaving it for stronger standards and joining the Mormon church (there are no standards in the Mormon church to speak of). I have heard, though, of many who have been attracted to the "family emphasis" (which anyone who has lived in Utah can refute!) in the church. And I know personally of young people who have joined because they have dances and don't frown on rock music.

My mom's friend's hubby had a list of requirements for a church - and there were only two churches that fit the bill: Mormon Catholic. Many Mormons (used to) say that if they left the Mormon church they would join the Catholic (funny thing - I work with a lady who is Catholic. Her daughter became a Mormon and she is very unhappy with her daughter being in a cult <_< ). It was actually due to some conversations we were having with him that we began the lessons. There are 7 total. The missionaries teach the first 6 and you don't get the 7th until after you are baptized. We never got baptized, but we had missionaries coming to our house for a couple of years. We went through several sets. Long story as to why they were coming, but in the end, I'm glad we had them. I learned a lot more than just the 6 lessons!

Mormonism is a Luciferian religion with roots in the occult aspect of Freemasonry. Up to and including the special underwear they have to keep on their bodies for protection. No joke. Serious Mormons don't even take it off completely when they bathe. They always have at least a part of it on their bodies.

It's a sad religion. One that makes some people feel good (as John mentioned Glen Beck...but, honestly, I think if he knew the whole story behind what they believe, he'd reject it), but, of course, doesn't get them to Heaven.

• Members

Yes, cubfan, they absolutely do. Anyone who has gone through the lessons that the missionaries teach (which we did - several times) learns this. Reading the Pearl of Great Price, Book of Moses, Book of Abraham and the Book of Mormon reinforces the teaching. One thing that wasn't pointed out (well, I stopped watching at the point of eternal marriage, so they may have said it, but it didn't seem like they were going to) is that: being married in the temple creates an eternal marriage (which was mentioned). But...it is the man who is the god, not the woman. And so in eternity, he can choose to call her up to join him on his planet and bear his spirit children. So, if he has more than one wife on the earth, he has a number to choose from...

My mom's best friend was married to a Mormon. They had not gotten married in the temple. However, he had been married before - and that marriage was sealed. Her heart was broken because she wouldn't be h is wife in eternity...Two of his daughters and his son are good Mormons. One daughter has never been. One was, and was married in the temple. She has been divorced for many years: there is something about that ceremony that changes people. Many of the men who go through it really become icky, for lack of a better word - because now they are heading for godhood (godhood cannot be attained if the man never marries...)

I've never heard of anyone in a watered down church leaving it for stronger standards and joining the Mormon church (there are no standards in the Mormon church to speak of). I have heard, though, of many who have been attracted to the "family emphasis" (which anyone who has lived in Utah can refute!) in the church. And I know personally of young people who have joined because they have dances and don't frown on rock music.

My mom's friend's hubby had a list of requirements for a church - and there were only two churches that fit the bill: Mormon Catholic. Many Mormons (used to) say that if they left the Mormon church they would join the Catholic (funny thing - I work with a lady who is Catholic. Her daughter became a Mormon and she is very unhappy with her daughter being in a cult <_< ). It was actually due to some conversations we were having with him that we began the lessons. There are 7 total. The missionaries teach the first 6 and you don't get the 7th until after you are baptized. We never got baptized, but we had missionaries coming to our house for a couple of years. We went through several sets. Long story as to why they were coming, but in the end, I'm glad we had them. I learned a lot more than just the 6 lessons!

Mormonism is a Luciferian religion with roots in the occult aspect of Freemasonry. Up to and including the special underwear they have to keep on their bodies for protection. No joke. Serious Mormons don't even take it off completely when they bathe. They always have at least a part of it on their bodies.

It's a sad religion. One that makes some people feel good (as John mentioned Glen Beck...but, honestly, I think if he knew the whole story behind what they believe, he'd reject it), but, of course, doesn't get them to Heaven.

An officer that used to work with me is Mormon and I only recently learned about that underwear deal. Very strange. The guys say he always wore this white t-shirt thing or something.

That video is absolutely the most awful, humorous thing I've seen all week. Wow. Almost as bad if not just as bad as the Scientology cult. I saw a PBS documentary last year about their geneology and record keeping. They have an enormous library of names of deceased, and people who are high enough in the church are baptized in the name of those people to save them. Craziness.