• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How a wife weakens her husband

• Members

The last thing any man (or woman for that matter) wants is for someone to try to "change" them. Personally I prefer someone who is already "housebroken" and does not need to be potty trained. Which is why you want to find someone who has grown up in a Christian family, with Christian values - not someone to be "unequally yoked" to. It is so very much harder when one person is saved and is married to another person who is not saved. Only the power of Prayer and God's love can make those types of changes!

• Administrators
"Potty-training"! :lol: You put this quite humerously' date=' and I did think it was funny, but also, I suppose, in some ways it's not. I might be misunderstanding something here, so y'all can correct me if I'm way off, but it doesn't seem like we women ought to be trying to "train" our husbands in his spiritual role if we are not the leaders of the home. [u']To do so by the above methods, to me, seem like manipulation to some degree.

RE: the above underlined: I think so, too! I think that women need to step aside and allow their hubbies to lead - but I don't think it should be done in this matter, imo. Being a submissive wife involves a lot more than "forcing" a man to be the spiritual head. If he doesn't want to do it, it ain't gonna happen...without much prayer and quite possibly some fasting!

by IM4given on Today 15:13

The last thing any man (or woman for that matter) wants is for someone to try to "change" them. Personally I prefer someone who is already "housebroken" and does not need to be potty trained. Which is why you want to find someone who has grown up in a Christian family, with Christian values - not someone to be "unequally yoked" to. It is so very much harder when one person is saved and is married to another person who is not saved. Only the power of Prayer and God's love can make those types of changes!
:thumb (although I know some people who got saved as teens or young adults who were not raised in Christian homes but made great spouses - because they surrendered to the Lord in every area of their lives)

• Members

Actually potty training and being pushy wasn't what I had in mind ladies. More my thoughts and experiences in this area are of course dealing with younger couples (older ones tend to think they know it all and be rather set in their ways anyway). In many instances men have not been taught their place and role (listen to the conversations on these boards and you can see why there are more and more of them it seems). If the couple failed to determine the Biblical roles in advance of the marriage (which is a mistake) then it may require the wife, if she finds a weakness here, to help her young husband determine his place by some suggestions.... obviously if he isn't in the role he's to play in the marriage, there is a reason for it....hence, some guidance is needed.

More and more families are departing from Biblical standards and as they do, the benefits of a separated Christian life are removed from the influence of the children.

Haven't we all heard from movies, music, media, tv etc the ever pervasive "I was raised by conservative Christian parents and I'm not raising my children like that" or the equally ridiculous "I am going to let my children decide that for themselves".
The state of moral decay and carnality in our society, crime rate, abortion rate, teen suicide rates etc are pretty good indicators of how thats working out for us.

Men are not being raised as they once were....more and more wives are finding (in my experience) that their husbands know far less than was thought about their place, role and responsibilities as husband and head of this spiritual union. I merely suggest a wife may need to point hubby in the right direction.

[quote="PastorHarrison"]Actually potty training and being pushy wasn't what I had in mind ladies. More my thoughts and experiences in this area are of course dealing with younger couples (older ones tend to think they know it all and be rather set in their ways anyway). In many instances men have not been taught their place and role (listen to the conversations on these boards and you can see why there are more and more of them it seems). If the couple failed to determine the Biblical roles in advance of the marriage (which is a mistake) then it may require the wife, if she finds a weakness here, to help her young husband determine his place by some suggestions.... obviously if he isn't in the role he's to play in the marriage, there is a reason for it....hence, some guidance is needed.

More and more families are departing from Biblical standards and as they do, the benefits of a separated Christian life are removed from the influence of the children.

Haven't we all heard from movies, music, media, tv etc the ever pervasive "I was raised by conservative Christian parents and I'm not raising my children like that" or the equally ridiculous "I am going to let my children decide that for themselves".
The state of moral decay and carnality in our society, crime rate, abortion rate, teen suicide rates etc are pretty good indicators of how thats working out for us.

[b]Men are not being raised as they once were....more and more wives are finding (in my experience) that their husbands know far less than was thought about their place, role and responsibilities as husband and head of this spiritual union. [/b] I merely suggest a wife may need to point hubby in the right direction.[/quote]

Highlighted Area: :goodpost: :amen: This is something that our IFB pastors talk about all the time, PastorHarrison.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I know a man who'se wife wont come to church with him.... He comes with his children... never misses, ever faithful. Beside him is an empty place so noticeable its deafening. The children see that empty place....and he sees that empty place. At the altar he kneels with an empty place beside him..... he prays with an empty place beside him. The wife's place.... the mother's place.

Whoso turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be an abomination.

That wife has weakened her husband by leaving her place empty...... the children are learning from her and from him. A mixed message.... discord....unfaithfulness....carelessness. Other young people in the church are learning from her as well.....she is giving a testimony each service and young minds and hearts are hearing her testimony.

I could put her testimony here, but we already know it don't we? I say that is one way a wife weakens her husband, her children, her home and her church.

No man liveth unto himself.....