• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Administrators

I do not think "overrated" is the right word. I would say that the Big East was a "Big Flop". Overrated implies that they should not have been there. Based on the season, there is not other team that should have been there instead.
I think Duke and NC are both better than any team in the Big East (St. John's got lucky when they beat Duke), but top to bottom the Big East deserved the most bids in the tourney.

BTW: I wish ND would get out the Big East, can't stand them either. I think I would rather cheer for Duke.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Things are shaping up quite nicely. Duke and BYU both lost, and that in itself make me smile. Today UNC and OSU both play. I think OSU might be the closer game as UNC should handle Marquette without a problem.

• Members

Champs!!!!!!!!! The trophy goes to the Big East. Only games Uconn lost all year too was Big East teams.

How come everyone is quiet in here? :icon_mrgreen:

It sure was an ugly game. Butler had plenty of open shots but nothing was dropping for them. Uconn would have been down aplenty at the end of the first half if Butler could've scored. Butler's defense was better in the first half, but they just couldn't score. But Uconn came out of halftime playing like it has been throughout the tournament.

An incredible run for Uconn, for sure. Which goes to show the polls and rankings mean nothing.

• Administrators

Ugly game it was. I watch just about every Uconn game and go to quite a few games each year, and it seems that Calhoun's teams always play this way. His coaching style drives me nuts. He is definitely a better recruiter than he is a coach.

Even though I am not a huge Calhoun fan, what he has done at Connecticut is unbelievable. To get kids to come play at Connecticut, you have a lot of persuading to do. lol