• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why do we allow women to sing in church

• Members

"Woman=second-class human!" That was the title of the sermon I preached the other day at church. And those who follow the Bible will agree. Because the Bible says so! 1 Timothy 2:13

We also know that women are silly and are easily led into error. 2 Timothy 3:6

In my church, and any church that I preach, the women are not allowed to sing. They are there to learn, in SILENCE! As commanded within the scripture: "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under OBedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

In other words, if you're a woman, not word should come out of your mouth when you are on the church property.

• Members

Scripture tells us (Christians) that if our government passes a law which requires us to disOBey God, we are to OBey God and refuse to submit to that particular law, yet remain subject to the government. As earlier Christians, and Christians in some parts of the world do today, they refuse to OBey the ungodly law, but they subject themselves to their government in every other aspect, even to the point of allowing themselves to be arrested, imprisoned or even executed for the sake of Christ.
way rather than Scripture. We should all desire that professing Christians would actually get into the Word and OBey it.

I agree with you John. I have heard many sermons on Romans 13 and every pastor would also agree with you. We should OBey government except when they order us to disOBey God. It is rather clear in the text. Some people just don't want to hear it, especially when people like OBama are in power. They want to find excuses to spit in his face and disOBey instead.

• Members

"Woman=second-class human!" That was the title of the sermon I preached the other day at church. And those who follow the Bible will agree. Because the Bible says so! 1 Timothy 2:13

We also know that women are silly and are easily led into error. 2 Timothy 3:6

In my church, and any church that I preach, the women are not allowed to sing. They are there to learn, in SILENCE! As commanded within the scripture: "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under OBedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

In other words, if you're a woman, not word should come out of your mouth when you are on the church property.

Sir,
What you are saying is absolute insanity and not backed up by any Scripture whatsoever. Woman is a gift from God, given to man, and we are to treat her with the absolute utmost dignity, honor, respect, and protection. No less.

I'm afraid that, from what I have seen of your posts, I have no reason to believe you are saved, and I pray that the Lord will do so to you before it is too late.
In Christ,
Joel ><>.

• Administrators

"Thomas Cooper" is not a real person and only comes on this board to push buttons. The best way to rOB him of an audience and "the thrill" he/she gets from pushing those buttons is to not reply, ignore him/her.

Agreed. Just ignore him/her.

• Members

I have seen some unusual posts (to put it nicely) from Thomas Cooper. Is that his real name or is he just playing games behind a screen name? You say you are a pastor Thomas, do you have a church web site I can visit?

It is a real name. We do not have a web site, nor do most of the churches where I preach. Why would we need one? We did not have Internet when I grew up, and we had a lot more true Christians back then! Read your Bible, follow it to the letter, and you just might get Saved! Edited by ThomasCooper

• Members

Sir,
What you are saying is absolute insanity and not backed up by any Scripture whatsoever. Woman is a gift from God, given to man, and we are to treat her with the absolute utmost dignity, honor, respect, and protection. No less.

I'm afraid that, from what I have seen of your posts, I have no reason to believe you are saved, and I pray that the Lord will do so to you before it is too late.
In Christ,
Joel ><>.

I provided you with Biblical references. The fact that woman was made to be a helper of man, doesn't mean she is equal. Read your Bible, and believe it!

• Members

It is a real name. We do not have a web site, nor do most of the churches where I preach. Why would we need one? We did not have Internet when I grew up, and we had a lot more true Christians back then! Read your Bible, follow it to the letter, and you just might get Saved!

Yet you're on the internet now.

• Members

Yet you're on the internet now.

I bet ThomasCooper has been on the internet for at least a year... :icon_mrgreen: There's nothing wrong with having a church website...my husband and I are the webmasters of our church website....and I even sing in church too! Edited by LindaR