• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Repentance as a wordly pastime

• Members

[List of a bunch of stuff you have to do deleted]

Then and ONLY then can you truly say "I love Him, because He first loved me".

Then it didn't come first by definition. This is not the faith that comes from God.
You've placed your own repentance and beliefs (your own faith) before God, and this
is a false gospel.

But God did it all himself, its a free gift. We love him because He first loved us.

"Godly sorrow works revenge" Edited by MaxKennedy

• Members

Why do you keep saying "Godly sorrow works revenge"? That's not biblical.

2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

You are only hurting yourself by accusing me of promoting a false gospel. Repentence is biblical. I keep telling you that repentence is not something you DO...it is something you believe.

True Faith is only made possible by God
God has given to every man the measure of faith...Romans 12:3
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God... Romans 10:17

There is nothing to boast about, sir. God sent His only son to die, be buried, and rise again. It is the finished work of Calvary that saves sinners. You are a sinner, I am a sinner, we are all sinners. There is NOTHING good in any of us. The only thing we are required to do is believe on God's son, to save us from our sin. "Believing" is not a work. But you must either choose or reject the Lord Jesus Christ, in your heart, to do so. Do you not understand?