• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[book] His Favorite Wife

Anon

• Members

I just wanted to share some thoughts about this book....I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone, but after the raid on the Mormon compound out west I was feeling so sorry for the women and children and was just really wanting to understand how these people can live this way.

So I tried to find a Mormon book that didn't seem to sexually graphic (read reviews on Amazon). I found the above title. Its written by a girl who was married to a Morman fundamentalist leader when she was 15. But then, throughout her marriage, she realized polygamy was not of God (she actually sat down at her kitchen table one day and compared the Mormon books with the Bible and found out that God is NOT for polygamy!) She was so upset with the sad and lonely way of life that she eventually divorced her husband and left the church, and was able to marry a "Christian" (not sure what kind, I guess probably "Protestant") man who accepted her and her 6 children as his own.

Anyway it gave me the chance to really see inside of the Mormon fundamentalist religion, and how they are raised to think, and to accept polygamy. It totally solidified in my mind the pity I felt for those women and children out west. Even some of the boys/men are deceived and not all of them are sex-mongers (although probably the leaders are).

The drawbacks to this book is that there is some cussing (I sure didn't know Mormons cussed, although I guess there's no reason they wouldn't...). Also there is some suggestive parts of course as Mormonism is a sexual religion....however I feel it was VERY tastefully done and there were no graphic details given.

I wouldn't recommend this necessarily to just anyone but I thought if anyone was interested in reading a Mormon biography, this one might be a decent one to read. It pretty much tells about life how it was. Actually I do not know how much these people played in Mormon history but it has to do with the LeBaron clan down in Mexico.

I've had lots of reading time recovering from surgery. :-)

• Members
I just wanted to share some thoughts about this book....I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone, but after the raid on the Mormon compound out west I was feeling so sorry for the women and children and was just really wanting to understand how these people can live this way.

So I tried to find a Mormon book that didn't seem to sexually graphic (read reviews on Amazon). I found the above title. Its written by a girl who was married to a Morman fundamentalist leader when she was 15. But then, throughout her marriage, she realized polygamy was not of God (she actually sat down at her kitchen table one day and compared the Mormon books with the Bible and found out that God is NOT for polygamy!) She was so upset with the sad and lonely way of life that she eventually divorced her husband and left the church, and was able to marry a "Christian" (not sure what kind, I guess probably "Protestant") man who accepted her and her 6 children as his own.

Anyway it gave me the chance to really see inside of the Mormon fundamentalist religion, and how they are raised to think, and to accept polygamy. It totally solidified in my mind the pity I felt for those women and children out west. Even some of the boys/men are deceived and not all of them are sex-mongers (although probably the leaders are).

The drawbacks to this book is that there is some cussing (I sure didn't know Mormons cussed, although I guess there's no reason they wouldn't...). Also there is some suggestive parts of course as Mormonism is a sexual religion....however I feel it was VERY tastefully done and there were no graphic details given.

I wouldn't recommend this necessarily to just anyone but I thought if anyone was interested in reading a Mormon biography, this one might be a decent one to read. It pretty much tells about life how it was. Actually I do not know how much these people played in Mormon history but it has to do with the LeBaron clan down in Mexico.

I've had lots of reading time recovering from surgery. :-)

That raises a good question, did God approve of her divorcing her Mormon husband in this instance?

• Members

I'm just saying....that being right or wrong for a Mormon to divorce is moot, really, because a Mormon is not saved. She shouldn't have married a Mormon to begin with, to say nothing of divorcing him...however she was a Mormon as well.

Anyway her marriage would not have been legally recognized in the US anyway as it was the man's 6th marriage, and because she was married underage. Although I guess she was of age when she divorced him.

This took place in the 60's and 70's, incidentally...

• Members
I'm just saying....that being right or wrong for a Mormon to divorce is moot, really, because a Mormon is not saved. She shouldn't have married a Mormon to begin with, to say nothing of divorcing him...however she was a Mormon as well.

Anyway her marriage would not have been legally recognized in the US anyway as it was the man's 6th marriage, and because she was married underage. Although I guess she was of age when she divorced him.

This took place in the 60's and 70's, incidentally...

Okay, I see what you are saying. I thought at first you might be saying that God doesn't really hate divorce under all circumstances but accepts it just fine when it is the unsaved.

• Members

Okay, I see what you are saying. I thought at first you might be saying that God doesn't really hate divorce under all circumstances but accepts it just fine when it is the unsaved.

No...I just meant that the greatest sin an unsaved person can do is reject Jesus Christ as Savior...and all other sins, I don't think God even bothers with them...its all "sin" and its all taking them to Hell. Lost people can't follow any type of Biblical "rules" until they are saved and can understand how it is they are supposed to live. God says even the good things an unsaved person does is wicked in His sight...so we can't really differentiate between sins in a lost person's life, of course unless they are against the law of the land.

• Members

That raises a good question, did God approve of her divorcing her Mormon husband in this instance?
well If he is married to other women and sleeping in their bed.. Does God recognize her and his other wives' marriage? I think the first woman he married is the true wife (The one that the state recognized because he made sure this marriage is confirmed and permanent. It's a sign of that he is very serious about their marriage)