• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mass Alien Abduction?

• Members

That's the verse. This is also the verse which some Christians use to proclaim a mid-trib Rapture.

Yes, but not rightfully. The only 'mid-tribulation' rapture will involve two people and those two people will be (1)killed, (2)raised from the dead in front of all their enemies, and (3)they will go up slowly while their enemies behold them and not in the twinkling of an eye. Revelation 11:7-12.

That is not at all the same description of the rapture by Paul in I Corinthians 15.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When Jesus comes for the resurrection/rapture (16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.) those unbelievers will not be left to sci-fi speculation. They will suffer sudden destruction Read on:

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

• Members

When Jesus comes for the resurrection/rapture (16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.) those unbelievers will not be left to sci-fi speculation. They will suffer sudden destruction Read on:

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

That's right, they will not escape. But that destructions BEGINS at that point and get progressively WORSE as the tribulation continues.

We will escape. Jesus said so; 'Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.' Luke 21:36.

• Members

That's the verse. This is also the verse which some Christians use to proclaim a mid-trib Rapture.

Those are the verses that are misquoted to promote the PTR.

Paul says that when he was with the Thessolonians he told the church what this would be and with remarkable unanimity told us exactly what Paul had told them. It was that 'he' was the Roman Emperor and the 'What;' was the Empire. so let's look at your verses again

II Thess. 2:7

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth(hinders)The Emperor will let(hinder) , until he The Emperor be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked(The Papacy) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Remember that the Papacy inflicted great tribulation on many christians over centuries.

The Emperor and Empire were removed when Constantine removed the seat of the Empire to Byzantium, allowing the Papacy to develop. Christians at the time recognized this, such as the Waldensians as they traced their separation from Rome to the time when Sylvester was Bishop of Rome, at the time of Constantine. Constantine himself, recognized that the Antichrist was to be head of the Roman Church, and worrying that it may be him, removed the seat of the Empire from Rome.

2 Thess 2: 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Remember the scripture order.
1: Falling away.
2: Man of sin revealed
3: Us meeting with the Lord.

The exact opposite of that which is taught today.

3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed,

• Members

Those are the verses that are misquoted to promote the PTR.

Paul says that when he was with the Thessolonians he told the church what this would be and with remarkable unanimity told us exactly what Paul had told them. It was that 'he' was the Roman Emperor and the 'What;' was the Empire. so let's look at your verses again

II Thess. 2:7

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth(hinders)The Emperor will let(hinder) , until he The Emperor be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked(The Papacy) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Remember that the Papacy inflicted great tribulation on many christians over centuries.

The Emperor and Empire were removed when Constantine removed the seat of the Empire to Byzantium, allowing the Papacy to develop. Christians at the time recognized this, such as the Waldensians as they traced their separation from Rome to the time when Sylvester was Bishop of Rome, at the time of Constantine. Constantine himself, recognized that the Antichrist was to be head of the Roman Church, and worrying that it may be him, removed the seat of the Empire from Rome.

2 Thess 2: 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed,

I don't agree. The only teaching about the rapture in which all the pieces of the prophetic puzzle fall together perfectly is the pre-tribulation position.

The prophecy is yet future and no Caesar nor Pope fits the description of antichrist. None of them required all humans to receive an identification mark on thier right hands nor their foreheads. None of them enforced their rule over the entire world as Rev. 13 tells us will be the case for antichrist. Those are two very important distinctions that should not be overlooked.

Not so. You added "Us meeting with the Lord" arbitrarily. Here is what the passage says:

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

But what you forgot was Pauls comforting words to the Thessalonians in vs 1-2

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Both the rapture AND the visible return of Christ to earth are mentioned here; they are two stages of one great event...first the removal of His people and secondly the visible return to judge the wicked.

But verse two, Paul tries to calm their fears after they had been told by a false teacher that the tribulation was occurring THEN, in the present. It was not. Not everything in the Bible is in chronological order but the meaning is plain enough.

Believers who are faithful to God will escape the coming tribulation that is coming upon the earth soon.

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Luke 21:36

Those who reject Christ or hypocrites who pretend at their faith will not escape.

• Members

The only teaching about the rapture in which all the pieces of the prophetic puzzle fall together perfectly is the pre-tribulation position.

I've seen no teaching where ALL the pieces of the prophetic puzzle fall together perfectly. There is certainly more there for some views than others, but I've not seen any yet which perfectly ties it all together.

I know of which view I lean towards, but I do believe the Lord left it somewhat vague for a reason.

• Administrators

:11backtotopic:

I've thought for a long time that the UFO idea would be used to explain the rapture to those left behind. What better way to say that those who are intolerant have been removed to a more "intelligent" place by beings who don't want to see us destroy ourselves and that when the removed ones understand that tolerance is important, they'll return?

Not saying this is what will happen - but it sure would make a lie believable in many people's minds.

• Members

I've seen no teaching where ALL the pieces of the prophetic puzzle fall together perfectly. There is certainly more there for some views than others, but I've not seen any yet which perfectly ties it all together.

I know of which view I lean towards, but I do believe the Lord left it somewhat vague for a reason.

O.K. brother, I suppose we can disagree and still be good brothers loving each other.

But I do. Very much so. About 25 yrs ago I took an old Bible that was in very poor condition that I intended to dispose of and during a study on Bible prophecy I decided to cut out all of the passages concerning prophecy from Genesis 3:15 all the way to Revelation 22. I cleared off my desk and I took each of those clippings and started to try to fit them together jigsaw puzzle style and laid scripture next to scripture. Using the "if-the-door-is-closed-you-can't-go-there" idea in completing this task...guess which of the many notions about prophecy fit together perfectly? The pre-tribulation position.

No, God's Spirit did not specify in words just when nor all the circumstances surrounding the coming of the Lord for his church but there is more than enough given us in scripture to pin-point the fact that God's people will be removed from danger BEFORE God pours out his wrath. In like manner was it for Noah and his family who entered the ark of safety before the flood, Lot and family removed from Sodom before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah etc. Luke 21:35-36 compared to I Thess. 5:3.

There is much more to it but I need to spend more time on my other thread.

Best wishes.

• Members

O.K. brother, I suppose we can disagree and still be good brothers loving each other.

But I do. Very much so. About 25 yrs ago I took an old Bible that was in very poor condition that I intended to dispose of and during a study on Bible prophecy I decided to cut out all of the passages concerning prophecy from Genesis 3:15 all the way to Revelation 22. I cleared off my desk and I took each of those clippings and started to try to fit them together jigsaw puzzle style and laid scripture next to scripture. Using the "if-the-door-is-closed-you-can't-go-there" idea in completing this task...guess which of the many notions about prophecy fit together perfectly? The pre-tribulation position.

No, God's Spirit did not specify in words just when nor all the circumstances surrounding the coming of the Lord for his church but there is more than enough given us in scripture to pin-point the fact that God's people will be removed from danger BEFORE God pours out his wrath. In like manner was it for Noah and his family who entered the ark of safety before the flood, Lot and family removed from Sodom before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah etc. Luke 21:35-36 compared to I Thess. 5:3.

There is much more to it but I need to spend more time on my other thread.

Best wishes.

You should publish your work then because it would be helpful to many. So far, the best, most clearly, I've seen this put forth was by Dr. David Jeremiah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I believe media is used to condition people into accepting things they normally would think were crazy. For years now New agers have been getting messages from Spirit guides that a mass alien abduction is going to take place soon on planet Earth. Those who believe the bible know that these are demons deceiving the masses. Satan is conditioning people to believe in Alien adduction when the rapture occurs. A friend of mine brought my attention to this

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810147516/video/21429215/20100816/94/21429215-700-flash-s.112757933-,21429215-1000-wMV-s.112757951-,21429215-100-flash-s.112757929-,21429215-700-wMV-s.112757945-,21429215-300-flash-s.112757931-,21429215-1000-flash-s.112757940-,21429216-10300-qtv-s.112757960-,21429216-2700-qtv-s.112757954-,21429216-6800-qtv-s.112757956

People get ready. Witness while you can. God bless. :)

BibleSender, I just viewed the trailer and it seemed evident to me that Hollywood is touching on the Rapture theme, albeit in a twisted way, as usual for them. The image of multitudes of people being taken up into the air, is very Rapture-inspired, and as Hollywood is good at doing, plagiarizing someone else' story.

Only after I was saved did it occur to me that the Rapture and the revealing of the Antichrist goes together. That the disappearance of millions of people in an instant would be such a severe, unprecedented event that it would call for the reciprocation of severe, unprecedented measures: the marking and installation of "safety" tracking devices, and a global government to combat further disappearances. One man to take the lead as he would be the "smartest" fellow to deal with the situation.

Movies such as this are not just entertainment, but indoctrination for the masses of the unsaved so that they are prepared for the eventual disappearance of us born-again Christians. Satan, through Hollywood, is up to his usual preaching.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I believe media is used to condition people into accepting things they normally would think were crazy. For years now New agers have been getting messages from Spirit guides that a mass alien abduction is going to take place soon on planet Earth. Those who believe the bible know that these are demons deceiving the masses. Satan is conditioning people to believe in Alien adduction when the rapture occurs. A friend of mine brought my attention to this

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810147516/video/21429215/20100816/94/21429215-700-flash-s.112757933-,21429215-1000-wMV-s.112757951-,21429215-100-flash-s.112757929-,21429215-700-wMV-s.112757945-,21429215-300-flash-s.112757931-,21429215-1000-flash-s.112757940-,21429216-10300-qtv-s.112757960-,21429216-2700-qtv-s.112757954-,21429216-6800-qtv-s.112757956

People get ready. Witness while you can. God bless. :)

That is just dumb

• Members

BibleSender, I just viewed the trailer and it seemed evident to me that Hollywood is touching on the Rapture theme, albeit in a twisted way, as usual for them. The image of multitudes of people being taken up into the air, is very Rapture-inspired, and as Hollywood is good at doing, plagiarizing someone else' story.

Only after I was saved did it occur to me that the Rapture and the revealing of the Antichrist goes together. That the disappearance of millions of people in an instant would be such a severe, unprecedented event that it would call for the reciprocation of severe, unprecedented measures: the marking and installation of "safety" tracking devices, and a global government to combat further disappearances. One man to take the lead as he would be the "smartest" fellow to deal with the situation.

Movies such as this are not just entertainment, but indoctrination for the masses of the unsaved so that they are prepared for the eventual disappearance of us born-again Christians. Satan, through Hollywood, is up to his usual preaching.

You should be in holliwood.

• Members

Only after I was saved did it occur to me that the Rapture and the revealing of the Antichrist goes together.

Not if you read 2 Thess. 2:3. for That day shall not come. (therapture, as you call it.) except there come a falling away first, (apostacy) and that the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. That is 1). appostacy, 2). man of sin, 3). rapture.