• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

rock music in stores

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was thinking today, sometimes we can get bored, that seems the time we get enticed to do that which we should not.

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

I was thinking, one way to solve that is to go visit someone, invite them to church, and or learn to present the plan of salvation, one might have the opportunity to use it. Or throw together a few sandwiches along with a bag of chips and invited some church friends over, read a few verses, say a few prayers, talk about Christian stuff.

I know its double tough for those whose spouse pulls them the other way.

• Members

I was thinking today, sometimes we can get bored, that seems the time we get enticed to do that which we should not.

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

I was thinking, one way to solve that is to go visit someone, invite them to church, and or learn to present the plan of salvation, one might have the opportunity to use it. Or throw together a few sandwiches along with a bag of chips and invited some church friends over, read a few verses, say a few prayers, talk about Christian stuff.

I couldn't imagine having a spouse that did not support my faith and follow me to church and in worshiping the Lord. This woman I go to church with is such a wonderful Godly woman who is able to raise her children right and in a good Christian home but her husband will not follow her to church. From what I see on the outside he allows her to have that control and even supports her sending them to the Christian Academy through the church. Any husband or wife that can lead a good Christian life with a spouse that does not follow them has a wonderful strength. I commend them for it, it's a situation I have never known.

DH used to listen to something always a little more extreme than me back when we listened to whatever we felt like. Here as of lately he has talked to me more about the Christian stations and Christian music. He enjoys it as I do but I would still get in the car sometimes and find that one CD in the CD player and my heart would sink a little and I'd say a prayer. When we are together we listen to Christian music or recorded sermons from church so I don't know everything that goes on in the car when he's alone. The blessing in this is that I know he is shying away from listening to the old stuff more than he was. Especially this week because he went to training and had to drive a cruiser that only has a tape deck and I have the tape deck adapter for my iPod so he can't hook up his phone to it and use that mp3 player :P But last week he did say "I need to plug my phone in to the computer and clean up my music selection." The Lord may be answering my prayer if he intends to clean off the filth and add more Christian music to his selection.

• Members

That would be just a little awkward. Where is the respect these days?

Respect is a word little understood today and typically only thought of in self-centered terms; such as "I demand respect!". This generally means they demand others let them do as they please and stay out of their way. Of course they have no real respect for others.

Some people visited out church recently and their teen son sat between them and us. Throughout the sermon he was constantly pulling his cell phone out of his pocket and texting.

I've seen many younger folks (20s and under) at funerals rolling their eyes, making noise and showing no respect at all.

• Members

While it's another of those "not in the Bible, Bible-sounding quotes", this is rather true, "idle hands are the devils tools". When we get bored we are more likely to give in to the temptation to listen to music we shouldn't or watch that wicked TV show or do something we ought not to just to keep from being bored.

It's important to have a plan already in place for such times. Have a good Christian book ready to read, good Christian music right there to play, a good Christian DVD to watch, a Christian friend to call or visit, a list of things going on in or with the church handy, a list of things that need done, people that need visiting, etc.

• 2 weeks later...