• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

rock music in stores

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, it is coming up to the time when the stores wwhich normally play music will all be playing similar Christmas songs and carols. There will be bands and choirs ouyside the stores and inside similar music played over the PA. The stores are already filled with toys and boxes of chocolate, which they say is ½ price. The music won't be long in coming.

• Members

Well, it is coming up to the time when the stores wwhich normally play music will all be playing similar Christmas songs and carols. There will be bands and choirs ouyside the stores and inside similar music played over the PA. The stores are already filled with toys and boxes of chocolate, which they say is ½ price. The music won't be long in coming.

That's true. I was in a store last week where I had seen some Thanksgiving Day items but they have already given way to shelves of Christmas stuff!!!

It's not even Halloween (not that I really care) yet, and Thanksgiving Day is still about four weeks away, but already they are pushing Christmas stuff.

• Members

Yes, they will have the Christmas songs going, trying their best to put everyone in the mood to buy, buy, and buy, and many will fall for it spending all of their money, many maxing out every credit card they have making their self slaves to the credit card companies.

Yes, the stores have a mixed up view of what Christmas is really about.

Yet it is a great time to witness for Jesus, during Christmas season there be many opportunism, if only we will make use of them.

• Members

That's right! "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and "Grandma God Run Over By a Reindeer" are not Christ honouring or edifying.

When My mother passed away, my niece wanted the funeral director to play "Grandma got run over by a reindeer"! I made sure that it didn't happen!

• Members

When My mother passed away, my niece wanted the funeral director to play "Grandma got run over by a reindeer"! I made sure that it didn't happen!

Wow, but you ought to look at the CD's and such that's been left behind at the funeral home that were used in funeral services, I think even you would be surprised, I surely was when I did so sometime back. They had a BIG box by their CD player, it contained song books, CD's, tapes, along with sheet music. Excuse me, I was not really surprise, it was more like shocked out of my mind.

I had never thought about that, after looking through them I asked the man who managed the funeral home, "You mean they are people that play such music as this at their loved ones funeral?" His answer was, yes, "It gets pretty bad at time, even sickening at the songs they will have."

• Members

Wow, but you ought to look at the CD's and such that's been left behind at the funeral home that were used in funeral services, I think even you would be surprised, I surely was when I did so sometime back. They had a BIG box by their CD player, it contained song books, CD's, tapes, along with sheet music. Excuse me, I was not really surprise, it was more like shocked out of my mind.

I had never thought about that, after looking through them I asked the man who managed the funeral home, "You mean they are people that play such music as this at their loved ones funeral?" His answer was, yes, "It gets pretty bad at time, even sickening at the songs they will have."

That is terrible. These people will have a memorial to their loved ones and play the rap music they liked, or made of their own. Their favorite song, the one they danced to a lot.. whatever. That is why I tend to not like these memorials they have for people, like the ones you see they have on the news a lot? They really turn in to a concert/celebration party.

I am seriously only recently out of the worldly music thing. My eyes have been opened SO much to the things of this world. I just tells myself "Turn your eyes upon Jesus... and the things of this world will grow strangely dim..." I admit I still catch myself turning from the only local Christian radio station to my old country station because the Christian station tends to play more contemporary versions (breathy, too upbeat) of great hymns. Then I will start listening to the music and the beer references, partying, eye-balling women... and I think "Wow, I loved that song 2 months ago, now I hate it! But it was good! But it's not!" lol it's a weird debate in my head and then I just have to turn it off and switch to my iPod. I think DH still listens to some of his music but I have to let him deal with that on his own. We are both aware of the evils of the music and as I have learned to rid it slowly from my life, so he will have to do the same. Some things in the stores I don't think of and other things I do. I guess it depends on if my ear catches it or if I'm just not paying any attention. I caught my 2 1/2 yr old dancing to some oldies that were playing from the Juke Box at Long John Silvers. I was so embarrassed. She sometimes dances to her little cartoon show songs but definitely should not be dancing to "Devil With The Blue Dress" O_O