• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

rock music in stores

• Members

does rock music make you buy more?

I get so fed up with these stores that have to play loud rock music, especially when I look around and notice that most of the customers are older! Don't they know that rock music is a "downer", and not an "upper"? it seems that good marketing techniques would teach them that!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

does rock music make you buy more?

I get so fed up with these stores that have to play loud rock music, especially when I look around and notice that most of the customers are older! Don't they know that rock music is a "downer", and not an "upper"? it seems that good marketing techniques would teach them that!

If the critics to rock/pop music are correct then the satanic beat clearly would influence your mind. I have heard many say that rock/pop music makes you buy things without thinking.

I don't know personally. I have long since removed rock/pop/country/bluegrass/Christian Pop/Gospel music from my life and listen to mostly certain classical and hymns at home or in the car. When I do encounter a POP song in the store it does excite me internally.

If the beat is demonic then anything is possible. Music waves go into the air .... could this be the "Power of the Air" the Bible talks about?

• Members

Don't see why it would. Though I never go to places to buy anything, really, so...

I wish all stores would play the Christian radio station I regularly listen to, because I hate secular music. And bad Christian music (though they do play some, unfortunately)...
God bless,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14.

• Administrators

It's been proven in studies that people in restaurants eat faster when rock is played - so there is quicker turnover for seating. I cannot stand sitting in a restaurant that is playing rock. And I don't like being in a store that plays it, either. There are times when I find myself walking in sync with the beat - as soon as I become conscious of it, I stop. I don't buy more, because I want to get out of there as quickly as possible.

• Members

I have asked, at fast food places, for them to turn the radio down (or off). Some comply, and some don't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. After all, I am paying them, and I want it my way! (Of course, I could go somewhere else too!)

i believe all that about rock music, i know it can control people's moods, but it seems that comforting and soft music would relax the customer more, and they would linger longer, and perhaps buy more.

Edited by irishman

• Members

The loud music seems to be in clothes stores and the more trendy ones at that, and as I am not trendy, I don't frequent them.

I dont like background music anywhere, especially someone else's choice of music. I rarely have music on when I am driving, and only have the radio on for the traffic news.

If they played rock music or any loud music in a restaurant, we would not go there.

• Members

A place playing music that I do not like, and or do not approve of, would cause me to buy less, for I would not enter the place, and if I did, I would quickly leave.

I do not want ungodly music to enter my ears, nor do I want to be in a place that plays it, that would mean I approve of it.

• Members

A place playing music that I do not like, and or do not approve of, would cause me to buy less, for I would not enter the place, and if I did, I would quickly leave.

I do not want ungodly music to enter my ears, nor do I want to be in a place that plays it, that would mean I approve of it.

We have a mall close by where the music blares all the time, it seems. When I first retired, I worked there as a guard, but i soon quit because of the worldliness and politics. I'm afraid though, that we are going to run into that everywhere in this old world. I wonder what Jesus did? (Walking through the multitudes, he must have heard things that were a reproach to his ears!) Edited by irishman

• Members

We have a mall close by where the music blares all the time, it seems. When I first retired, I worked there as a guard, but i soon quit because of the worldliness and politics. I'm afraid though, that we are going to run into that everywhere in this old world. I wonder what Jesus did? (Walking through the multitudes, he must have heard things that were a reproach to his ears!)

Philippians 4:8 (King James Version)

8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Members

It's been proven in studies that people in restaurants eat faster when rock is played - so there is quicker turnover for seating. I cannot stand sitting in a restaurant that is playing rock. And I don't like being in a store that plays it, either. There are times when I find myself walking in sync with the beat - as soon as I become conscious of it, I stop. I don't buy more, because I want to get out of there as quickly as possible.

I find myself in the same situation sometimes, HC with the beat thing. It seems to me that music sometimes affects people differently. My hubby can be at a restaurant or store and never even notice the music, but with me, my brain automatically does. However, my husband doesn't really like music or is not inclined to it all that much, and I am the opposite. Like another person said, though, I have went and asked restaurants to turn it down when it was OBviously too loud, too. I'd like to say, as others have, that I would avoid completely all of those places that play the rock music, but it simply isn't possible where we live, and I DO think it depends on the state in which you reside to some degree. When we lived in Utah, where people were more conservative, it was much easier and fewer places played music that was OBnoxious and definitely not loud, but here in Michigan, we are literally bombarded by it everywhere, and it is often LOUD, in restaurants it is to the point that we don't go to certain places to eat unless we get carry-out, you simply cannot hold a conversation with the person across from you! I detest Mc D the worst here, because they not only have music playing, but they have tv's blaring all over the place as well. How annoying!

• Members

I find myself in the same situation sometimes, HC with the beat thing. It seems to me that music sometimes affects people differently. My hubby can be at a restaurant or store and never even notice the music, but with me, my brain automatically does. However, my husband doesn't really like music or is not inclined to it all that much, and I am the opposite. Like another person said, though, I have went and asked restaurants to turn it down when it was OBviously too loud, too. I'd like to say, as others have, that I would avoid completely all of those places that play the rock music, but it simply isn't possible where we live, and I DO think it depends on the state in which you reside to some degree. When we lived in Utah, where people were more conservative, it was much easier and fewer places played music that was OBnoxious and definitely not loud, but here in Michigan, we are literally bombarded by it everywhere, and it is often LOUD, in restaurants it is to the point that we don't go to certain places to eat unless we get carry-out, you simply cannot hold a conversation with the person across from you! I detest Mc D the worst here, because they not only have music playing, but they have tv's blaring all over the place as well. How annoying!

I don't like what McDs call food. Edited by Invicta

• Members
I detest Mc D the worst here, because they not only have music playing, but they have tv's blaring all over the place as well. How annoying!

We have a nice McD about 3 minutes from where we live. The other day, I came home and my wife was frantically looking for the kids. We ran over to McD, and sure enough, they were over there chowing down on Big Macs and fries.... just kidding, I made that up. Why? Becuase it's toward the end of the day and I'm tired, and I would actually really like to go to McD.

We do have a McD about 3 minutes from here though. It's great, has an indoor playground and everything. We've gotten a lot of opportunites to witness to other parents there, and our little girls love the place. No music at all, but they do have a couple TVs in one area set to Fox News with the subtitles on.