• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

James the Preacher is back online. Praise the Lord!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
So you have stopped loving your son while he is in rebellion and sin?

There was no analogy, it was a straight up question.

I think you're going to have to explain your question a little further. At first glance, I thought it was inappropriately personal. But after seeing some of the responses, others apparently understood it. So, if you haven't gotten the answer you're looking for, then ask it differently.

• Members

trc, your question is redundant--you cannot get away from the love of God, no matter where you go, or what you do. (Rom. 8:35, 38 and 39 also see Psa. 139:7-12) I cannot speak for John 81, but I do believe that what he is trying say is right. Men have a "welfare mentality" when it comes to grace; they seem to think they can be saved, and continue in their sin, which is not, of course, actually being saved. They think that God loves them, and wants to give them eternal life, so they'll take it, but don't bother them with details. The Bible clearly states that there will be a change, how great of a change we cannot tell, but there will be a definite change, and they will "hate the evil and love the good".

Amen.

• Members

I think you're going to have to explain your question a little further. At first glance, I thought it was inappropriately personal. But after seeing some of the responses, others apparently understood it. So, if you haven't gotten the answer you're looking for, then ask it differently.

I agree because it appears to be either a bad analogy, or a question that does not fit the situation and has no point.

I thought it was an analogy because I thought he was asking the question to prove a point about lost sinners. I thought he was comparing John's son to the lost sinners.

• Members

Proverbs 21:24 Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.

Proverbs 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Proverbs 14:9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will convince the world of sin, righteousness, and judgement, but this man is sneering and mocking concerning the sin and the judgement part and he evidently knows nothing of what the righteousness of God really is. Is he preaching full of the Holy Spirit? God truly is angry with the wicked, James; He's angry with you. But He loves you anyway.

• Members

Well, James the Preacher is back online, and he's got a message for the false "Christians".

Another prime example of those who likes to go back in the OT and put us under the Law of Moses. If God dealt with us today (under Grace) as He did with those under the Law; most of us would be "6 feet under".

• Members

Well, James the Preacher is back online, and he's got a message for the false "Christians".

Another prime example of those who likes to go back in the OT and put us under the Law of Moses. If God dealt with us today (under Grace) as He did with those under the Law; most of us would be "6 feet under".

Matthew 5:17

• Members

Matthew 5:17 (King James Version)

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Yes, It was fulfilled on the Cross.

Heb 7:19 "For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God."

• Members

Exodus 4:11
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Leviticus 5:17
And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.

2 Kings 6:18
And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

God indeed can cause sickness and various maladies upon people. But that is done as just punishment. Satan does what he does out of mischief.

I was born with asthma and I still have it now 23 years after being saved. Am I being punished or is it that I'm not really one of the elect?

• Members

I was born with asthma and I still have it now 23 years after being saved. Am I being punished or is it that I'm not really one of the elect?

Likely as not, your asthma is just one of the many effects of the Fall. Prior to the fall there was no death, decay or disease and the like. After the Fall all these things came about, along with other bad things.

While some illnesses can be a result of our own sin, an attack of the devil or from God's hand, many more are simply a part of the unfortunate results of the Fall.

• Members

As previously stated God does not deal with his children under grace as he did with the nation of Israel. There is a vast difference between the "Law of Moses" and the "Law of Christ".

Be careful of those who like to 'pull' certain verses from the OT to build a 'doctrine' on them.
What about all the other verses?? Bible tells us that if we are guilty of one OT law; then we are guilty of them ALL.

Its not our right to condemn God on why He does certain things. Apostle Paul tells us to be content in whatever God has sent our way. I have a friend who is blind; he is doing the work of an evangelist and singing God's praise.

Be assured, one can never have a joyful and Christ-filled life by TRYING to adhere of OT
laws. Edited by Bro K

• Members

You may have demons of asthma in you. Or may be punished. Or you may indeed be unSaved. I suggest finding a true Christian church in your area and having the pastor there do a thorough evaluation of your Salvation status.

Make sure the pastor is a prayer warrior in case you will need an exorcism. Edited by ThomasCooper

• Members

Jas 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

As previously stated by others, all sickness is not chastening of God, yet any sickness could be connected to God's chastening. I surely would not judge what sickness if chastening by God, nor what sickness is not God's chastening, that is best left up to God.

I would not judge why someone is born blind or with some type of affliction, yet some who are born with an affliction could be born so because of the sins of their ancestors.

And of course we should never forget these verses.

Joh 9:1 ¶ And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

It seems this man was born blind so that the works of God should be made manifest in him. If we dig into God's word enough it seems we can find a reason for almost everything, that is if we really believe that "Old Black Book" is truly the Word of God.

Lastly, your asthma could be that the works of God should be made manifest in you, not saying it is, yet its possible.