• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

vegetarians

irishman

• Members

I had mountain lion once at a "beast feast" at my son-in-laws church. Surprisingly it was very good! I have been chasing our cat around with a butcher knife ever since, as my wife takes sides with the cat. What can a guy do? :clapping:

:eek I'm with your wife on this one!

But you really do make me laugh, Irishman!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Others have taken the cat's side too, I guess I am outnumbered!
I guess it's back to the roadkill.

There us always hedgehog. They say you entomb them in clay and then bake them in a fire, and when done the bristles come off in the clay, although all those roadkill that I have seen have been flattened.

• Members

Wow. Murdered housecats, roadkill and hedghogs entombed in clay. Adopting a vegetarian diet has never seemed so appealing!!

If you choose vegetarian food at supermarkets, such as tesco, there are so many additives in them, and they are very unimaginative, vegeburgers, Mexican beanburgers, vegie sausages, of things that pretend they are meat like vegie bacon strips, Kievs. and the Linda McCartney range which are all pretend meat, and Quorn, Vegie mince etc.

I said earlier that my wife is a vegetarian and when I cook for me I try to do a vegetarian meal for her at the same time. Today I did slow cooked beef and vegetable stew for lunch and vegetable stew with lentils for my wife. (Leftovers tomorrow.)

I try to think of a vegetarian version of whatever I have.

Even our meat has additives, mainly polyphosphates to make it absorb water, so it weighs more.

• Members

If you choose vegetarian food at supermarkets, such as tesco, there are so many additives in them, and they are very unimaginative, vegeburgers, Mexican beanburgers, vegie sausages, of things that pretend they are meat like vegie bacon strips, Kievs. and the Linda McCartney range which are all pretend meat, and Quorn, Vegie mince etc.

I said earlier that my wife is a vegetarian and when I cook for me I try to do a vegetarian meal for her at the same time. Today I did slow cooked beef and vegetable stew for lunch and vegetable stew with lentils for my wife. (Leftovers tomorrow.)

Even our meat has additives, mainly polyphosphates to make it absorb water, so it weighs more.

My cousins are Seventh Day adventists, and they too are vegetarians. I got caught burying a vege-burger at a family gathering once, it was embarrasseo0ing, but I would do it again! I can't stand soy meat!

Why in the world does a vegetarian want to pretend they are eating meat anyway? I guess maybe they are only "surface vegetariansds' (in the case of my cousins) and not believers in it. Most of them aren't any healthier than I am today!

• Members

My cousins are Seventh Day Adventists, and they too are vegetarians. I got caught burying a vegeburger at a family gathering once, it was embarrassing, but I would do it again! I can't stand soy "meat" (vegelinks either for that matter)!

Why in the world does a vegetarian want to pretend they are eating meat anyway? I guess maybe they are only "surface vegetarians' (in the case of my cousins) and not believers in it. Most of them aren't any healthier than I am today!
Edited by irishman

• Members
Why in the world does a vegetarian want to pretend they are eating meat anyway?

That is what my wife thinks, she has been vegetarian since she was a baby when she could not digest meat or fish especially fish fats such as cod liver oil and hallibut liver oil which they used to dose babies on during the war. She has never had meat and doesn't want anyting pretending to be mea, or tasting of it.

• Members

To be a veggie would be a challenge to a low carb diabetic -
I avoid - bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, flour, sugar ....

The classic veggie meal is chip butties ... yuck

Not in our family. Chips, rarely. Butties, practcally never.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

A bread roll - so it's all high carb, with margarine & oil fried chips.
VERY fattening & hostile to diabetics :angry:

I once saw a "Sandwich Americaine" on a French stall which was a chunk of French Bread, chips (frites) and a spicy sausage, served with ketchup and mayo with a sprinkling of sugar. An American buttie according to the French.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I been getting into Vegetarian diet because of the factory farming issue. I don't like those faux meats either I had the morning star crumbles last year and it really churned my insides. If I have meats I eat organic grass feed meats. However, I am mostly on a vegeterian diet. Also I do like hunting because hunting is what God intended the animal be killed for not factory farming.

I been told by some Christians that I am no Christian if I am a vegeterian. Why would they say that?