• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Campaign: No Magical Explanation for O'Donnell's 'Witchcraft' Confession

• Members

Funny how the liberals claimed what OBama did in his past, even his recent past, had nothing to do with how he would govern as president yet here they want to raise stuff someone did over 20 years ago in high school.

If this woman were still "dabbling in witchcraft" that would be an issue. One stated in the article she has committed her life to Christ. If that's true, and it's true she hasn't "dabbled in witchcraft" since high school, it's a non-issue.

All that said, these days anyone running for public office (especially if they are not liberal) should expect to have their entire past brought up. Knowing this is possible they should be prepared to give an answer when questions of their past arrise.

• Members

Do you know that she isn't still messing with witchcraft? With what I hear about her, there is no way I could support her, yet I feel sure many Christians will support her thinking we have to support the better of the evils we have to chose from.

All I know is what she said, that she hasn't dabbled in witchcraft since high school. Another person in the article said she's committed to Christ.

I don't know enough about her to know if I would give her support or not; but I don't live there anyway so it doesn't matter.

• Administrators

She admitted that she had dabbled in witchcraft as a teenager. And then she said she no longer does....if we take her word that she did, we should be willing to take her word that she now doesn't.

trc - I can understand your position, but if I were one of say, Michelle Bachmann's constituents, I would vote for her. She's done a lot to bring bad legislation to the eyes of the American people. There are a few (and very few) others as well.

This I do know: there are no incumbents in our state for whom we will be voting....

• Members

She admitted that she had dabbled in witchcraft as a teenager. And then she said she no longer does....if we take her word that she did, we should be willing to take her word that she now doesn't.

trc - I can understand your position, but if I were one of say, Michelle Bachmann's constituents, I would vote for her. She's done a lot to bring bad legislation to the eyes of the American people. There are a few (and very few) others as well.

This I do know: there are no incumbents in our state for whom we will be voting....

Well said, right there with ya! :coffee2:

• Members

Understood.

• Members

Just like every year there are some good incumbents and some bad and the same goes for the new faces.

As far as O'Donnell, I would not support her if I lived in her area, but I will agree that the tendency to dredge up irrelevant things in a politician's past is vicious and generally more mean spirited than anything else. However, many conservative politicians bring up their religious affiliation first (I believe O'Donnell did but I could be wrong) so additional prOBing into something that they have already placed in the public forum is to be expected.

• Members

What she actually said, she said about ten years ago.

IE she did not just recently say this, its something said said ten years ago on a show - in context with other things saying she used to drink a lot and sleep around for a period, and she dabbled in witchcraft when she was a teenager (in the interview, this came out she used to date other people that did). Also, that she repented, and was now a Christian (different interviews some of these things).

Why do I know this? Because I looked it up because it was OBvious the papers were lying. The context missing was this isn't just something she said, it was more then ten years ago, which makes it look really different.

If she is now saved, she is forgiven. Time and looking will determine that and if she continues to take a stand against things like sexual immorality, and so on.

From my point of view, the majority - yes I did say majority, of people in this country are practicing witchcraft of one form or another whether they are admiting it or not, and are going to hell. This is why I'm not interested in politics from any other view except God - because if it was about a majority, then the majority are heading to eternal punishment and torment in a lake of fire. THAT is witchcraft - false doctrine and lies of the devil.

However, of God's government, which is Jesus Christ's who sits on His Father's throne, there will be no end. Isaiah 9:7

Edited by MaxKennedy

• Members

What she actually said, she said about ten years ago.

IE she did not just recently say this, its something said said ten years ago on a show - in context with other things saying she used to drink a lot and sleep around for a period, and she dabbled in witchcraft when she was a teenager (in the interview, this came out she used to date other people that did). Also, that she repented, and was now a Christian (different interviews some of these things).

Why do I know this? Because I looked it up because it was OBvious the papers were lying. The context missing was this isn't just something she said, it was more then ten years ago, which makes it look really different.

If she is now saved, she is forgiven. Time and looking will determine that and if she continues to take a stand against things like sexual immorality, and so on.

From my point of view, the majority - yes I did say majority, of people in this country are practicing witchcraft of one form or another whether they are admiting it or not, and are going to hell. This is why I'm not interested in politics from any other view except God - because if it was about a majority, then the majority are heading to eternal punishment and torment in a lake of fire. THAT is witchcraft - false doctrine and lies of the devil.

However, of God's government, which is Jesus Christ's who sits on His Father's throne, there will be no end. Isaiah 9:7

:thumb::amen:

• Members

Muslims (the ones who like to kill Americans) are just as demonic as witches....

(And I agree...its getting ridiculous the stuff they are dredging up...)

Absolutely! However, that's not even close to politically correct. Of course, if someone were tryinig to attack a liberal for having dabbled in witchcraft there would be an uproar over the bigotted, intolerance of those who say anything negative about witchcraft! :icon_rolleyes:

Similar to this is those who seem to think there is something special with regards to American Indian religion. Even among many professing Christians there are those who will carry or have in their homes things from American Indian religions designed to bring good luck, protection, ward off evil spirits, etc. Why? :smilie_loco:4

• Members

Has politicians ever got the message? No. Politician's cannot solve this countries prOBlems, all they can do is guide this country to destruction, and have been doing so since the beginning of this country, and one can take a look at where this country has come from and where its headed to see it is getting further and further away from God.

The answer to mans prOBlems is Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ alone, and this takes a person putting all of their faith and trust in Him, and Him alone.