• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just a vent

Anon

• Members

Okay...so...now, not only does the world hate us, but Christians hate us too????

This morning I had the pleasure of reading a flaming post on Facebook full of hate and anger and bitterness towards "fundamentalism" and especially towards their pastors. Due to people like Rodney Stewart and other abusive pastors, there is a group of people who hate Baptists in general.

You know what, its hard enough to be a Christian without having hate spewed from both sides...BOTH the world, AND other so-called "Christians". And frankly, the world spews less hate in some cases....

Some days its like "Whats' the use?" The world hates us...Christians hate us....sheesh. Guess I'll go back to the kitchen and bake something. haha.

Vent over.

• Members

Okay...so...now, not only does the world hate us, but Christians hate us too????

This morning I had the pleasure of reading a flaming post on Facebook full of hate and anger and bitterness towards "fundamentalism" and especially towards their pastors. Due to people like Rodney Stewart and other abusive pastors, there is a group of people who hate Baptists in general.

You know what, its hard enough to be a Christian without having hate spewed from both sides...BOTH the world, AND other so-called "Christians". And frankly, the world spews less hate in some cases....

Some days its like "Whats' the use?" The world hates us...Christians hate us....sheesh. Guess I'll go back to the kitchen and bake something. haha.

Vent over.

It is a sad state of affairs when what you have pointed out is in general very true of our times. Your statement, "And frankly, the world spews less hate in some cases...." is all too true and frankly is a disgrace upon the Church today.

P.S. If you want to see a small bit of evidence to that sentiment, just wait until the end of the day. The posts in reply to your statement on this very board will most likely provide the proof.

• Administrators

It is a sad reproach on Christianity that Christians will lump Christians who fall into sin into the same category as every person in their same "circle" (IFB in this case). I experienced some of this for the first time when I was in college - and was told that it is shameful but true that Christians many times kick or kill their wounded. It is the same in the world (look at politics for a clear example), but it is far worse in Christianity because we are supposed to have the mind of Christ which would by virtue mean also His love, grace and compassion.

I read a verse last night that fits this: Psalm 41:9 "Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me."

People like the Rodney Stewarts, who we trust to be right with God (and who provide an excellent example of why Paul exhorted us to follow him AS HE FOLLOWED CHRIST...not follow for the sake of just because they are in leadership...and quit followig when they sin!) and to practice what they preach, breech our trust and it is like they've lifted their heels against us. So, too, do Christians whom we once claimed as friends who turn on us for being of the same ilk as those who fall or plunge into sin.

It's sad and its hurtful and it angers. But this verse kinda helps us make it through:
Psalm 41:12 "And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever."

• Members

Bro Maze Jackson gave this conversation between himself and his dad while traveling back from a revival meeting. MAZE: 'I really shot them down tonight'. DAD:
'You'll never win the battle if your keep shooting your own troops'. I believe this occurred during the early part of his ministry; which apparently was a vital building block on his future ministry.

• Members

I don't let this sort of thing bother me. My faith is in Christ, not any man, not any church name, not in Christianity in general.

Many who profess to be Christians aren't anyway.

Attacks towards me that are against some other person are meaningless because I'm not them and there is no point argueing about them. If they have an issue to raise directly with my walk or with the Word of God, then we can look into that, but if they are attacking based upon what another man has or hasn't done, that's totally invalid.

Typically, these same people who rile so easy, when they are calm and presented with a similar situation they would have a different outlook.

In any event, it doesn't matter what these people say. Scripture is clear if we follow Christ we will face perseuction and we should deal with it biblically and continue to follow Christ.

• Members

1 John 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

It has been said you're not really in a battle unless you're facing opposition, and the more serious the battle the more opposition you will have. That is a true statement. If a Christian is hated unjustly without cause, it is a good thing actually. It shows he/she is getting closer to the Lord. You're right - hatred from "Christians" against biblical Christianity is often as bad or worse than hatred from those admitting to being of the world. That is doubtless due to the fact that the devil has a great many fifth columnists masquerading under the label of "Christianity".