• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I need Biblical and Practical advice.

Jeny

• Members

I am angry with the father of my nieces and nephews because he did not want my sister to see their children. I wanted to sue him. Can anyone give me a practical and biblical advice on how to deal with this matter? Their children are below 7 years old. My sister wants to visit them but because the father of their children threaten her life, she cannot cannot even go near her children. They are not married. I am so angry with the situation. Kindly advice how to handle this.

Thanks,

Jenjen

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I am angry with the father of my nieces and nephews because he did not want my sister to see their children. I wanted to sue him. Can anyone give me a practical and biblical advice on how to deal with this matter? Their children are below 7 years old. My sister wants to visit them but because the father of their children threaten her life, she cannot cannot even go near her children. They are not married. I am so angry with the situation. Kindly advice how to handle this.

Thanks,

Jenjen

Jen, there is nothing that you can do, actually. Your sister will have to take legal action. She can sue for custody, or visitation rights at the least. If he has threatened her, she needs to report it to the police as well. I don't know the laws where you are, but it might be a good idea for her to consult a lawyer.

If the courts have awarded him custody, and she has visitation rights, he is violating the court order by not allowing her to visit. She should report his threats ~ the law may consider the children to be in danger.

• Members

Jen, there is nothing that you can do, actually. Your sister will have to take legal action. She can sue for custody, or visitation rights at the least. If he has threatened her, she needs to report it to the police as well. I don't know the laws where you are, but it might be a good idea for her to consult a lawyer.

If the courts have awarded him custody, and she has visitation rights, he is violating the court order by not allowing her to visit. She should report his threats ~ the law may consider the children to be in danger.

Thanks Luanne. We wanted to take legal action for the verbal threats that we always hear from him but I live here in the Philippines and it so hard to have a private lawyer if you don't have the money.

• Members

Are any of these people Christians?

Hello John, I believed my sister is a Christian because she accepted Jesus long time ago and was baptized. But the sad thing is, she has made some ungodly decision in her life and is not going to church anymore. The father of their children is not which I am really worried about because I don't want my nieces to be influenced by the teaching of their religion. Sometimes they would allow us to bring the children to my church, sometimes not.

• Members

PrOBably a situation you can do little about, yet praying and placing it in the hands of God would prOBably be proper. Who knows, somewhere down the line God might open a door.

Thanks Brother Jerry,

Yes I know that it should be the right thing to do, place it in God's hand. It is just sometimes that I can't controlled my emotion and just get angry with the situation. Yes, I think I should pray for this.

• Members

Thanks Brother Jerry,

Yes I know that it should be the right thing to do, place it in God's hand. It is just sometimes that I can't controlled my emotion and just get angry with the situation. Yes, I think I should pray for this.

This is the best answer. Jesus can help you with your anger and to allow the Spirit to rule in you rather than your emotions. Jesus can also work in the hearts and minds of your sister, the childrens father and the children as well.

Pray that all will come to Christ, pray the Lord will bind the father from causing harm to anyone, pray the Lord will protect the children and draw them to Himself.

The Lord can work where we cannot.

• Members

This is the best answer. Jesus can help you with your anger and to allow the Spirit to rule in you rather than your emotions. Jesus can also work in the hearts and minds of your sister, the childrens father and the children as well.

Pray that all will come to Christ, pray the Lord will bind the father from causing harm to anyone, pray the Lord will protect the children and draw them to Himself.

The Lord can work where we cannot.

Thanks Brother John for the encouragement!

• Members
Hello John, I believed my sister is a Christian because she accepted Jesus long time ago and was baptized. But the sad thing is, she has made some ungodly decision in her life and is not going to church anymore.

I see a number of prOBlematic things with this woman. First off, is she a true Christian or one of those in the name only "Christians"? If she is a real Christian, she does not need to go to any church, she can pray to the Lord on her own too. The next prOBlem is that she is a fornicator. Is she married now? Does she have children? If not, then why not? As a woman, it is her purpose to be married, have children, and take care of her house. Her husband needs to be involved in this dispute on her behalf.

Additionally, a true Christian pastor should also get involved and help straighten all this out. She needs to find a good true Christian congregation, where the Lord is worshiped, His rules are OBeyed, and the Bible (KJV 1611 ONLY) is the final authority. Your sister can then approach the pastor and ask for his help in the matter. I cannot imagine many people who can refuse a true Christian minister. If he goes there and will be speaking to this heathen man in a violent and Godly manner, with a Bible in hand, and with members of the congregation present, who in the world could possibly tune out his message on your sister's behalf?

• Members

I see a number of prOBlematic things with this woman. First off, is she a true Christian or one of those in the name only "Christians"? If she is a real Christian, she does not need to go to any church, she can pray to the Lord on her own too. The next prOBlem is that she is a fornicator. Is she married now? Does she have children? If not, then why not? As a woman, it is her purpose to be married, have children, and take care of her house. Her husband needs to be involved in this dispute on her behalf.

Additionally, a true Christian pastor should also get involved and help straighten all this out. She needs to find a good true Christian congregation, where the Lord is worshiped, His rules are OBeyed, and the Bible (KJV 1611 ONLY) is the final authority. Your sister can then approach the pastor and ask for his help in the matter. I cannot imagine many people who can refuse a true Christian minister. If he goes there and will be speaking to this heathen man in a violent and Godly manner, with a Bible in hand, and with members of the congregation present, who in the world could possibly tune out his message on your sister's behalf?

Now you see there Thomas, you have once again shown how super silly you are as you didn't even read the original post. If you had read the original post you would have the answers to several of your questions. But alas, you are only here to stir up trouble and troll for your very unbiblical and uninformed views.

• Members

Not only could I ignore a crazy, screaming man who is waving a bible at me with a bunch of people behind him, I could call the police. Perhaps even get rid of them myself...

• Members

Now you see there Thomas, you have once again shown how super silly you are as you didn't even read the original post. If you had read the original post you would have the answers to several of your questions. But alas, you are only here to stir up trouble and troll for your very unbiblical and uninformed views.

Right, that helps not the least bit.

• Members

You are so funny brother Thomas! May God Bless you and may Jesus saves you! :icon_pray::icon_pray: