• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bad situation with work and family

• Members

I have a very bad situation with my work and my family... here's how the story goes:

I got a jOB working for a friend I've known for about 7 years. We were working on a project for a certain investor. My boss/friend is friends with a business partner of this investor. This business partner owes the investor money. So, instead of paying off his debt, he lied to the investor that he paid for the project instead of the investor. In reality, this business partner did not pay my boss anything, so my boss doesn't have money to pay me. He now owes me a bit over $1500. My boss will pay me when he gets the money, whether from the investor or his business partner, or from other clients.

Now here's the worst part: my mom is now mad at the business partner and wants to tell my oldest brother and my uncle (both of whom are not saved) about this business partner instead of leaving the matter in the Lord's hands. If my mom tells my brother and my uncle, my uncle will talk about this guy on his radio show and my brother will "take care" of the issue with guns and gangs. A lot of people in this city know me and what my mom doesn't seem to realize is if she takes this route, it will end up dragging my name through the dirt, and even worse, give people a reason to blaspheme God (as Nathan told king David in his case). This is not the way Christians should deal with things.

So, please pray for this situation... thanks.

• Members

I have a very bad situation with my work and my family... here's how the story goes:

I got a jOB working for a friend I've known for about 7 years. We were working on a project for a certain investor. My boss/friend is friends with a business partner of this investor. This business partner owes the investor money. So, instead of paying off his debt, he lied to the investor that he paid for the project instead of the investor. In reality, this business partner did not pay my boss anything, so my boss doesn't have money to pay me. He now owes me a bit over $1500. My boss will pay me when he gets the money, whether from the investor or his business partner, or from other clients.

Now here's the worst part: my mom is now mad at the business partner and wants to tell my oldest brother and my uncle (both of whom are not saved) about this business partner instead of leaving the matter in the Lord's hands. If my mom tells my brother and my uncle, my uncle will talk about this guy on his radio show and my brother will "take care" of the issue with guns and gangs. A lot of people in this city know me and what my mom doesn't seem to realize is if she takes this route, it will end up dragging my name through the dirt, and even worse, give people a reason to blaspheme God (as Nathan told king David in his case). This is not the way Christians should deal with things.

So, please pray for this situation... thanks.

I prayed for you. I once had a prOBlem with an equally small amount, with complex deals between friends and business partners, rent for an art studio and to start an ISP. It worked out in the end, because the Lord used it to remove me from the area, which was good, because everyone was basically unsaved and doing all types of things they shouldn't be - since it was an art community in the downtown area. I never did get back the money, but in retrospect looking back on it, I'm just glad I got to go back home. Praise God! :)