• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

'Move beyond fear': Planned Quran burning is religious stupidity

CPR

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He advertised his plans, and has sold many "Islam is of the Devil" t-shirts via his website (which was taken down for a while - don't know if it's back up). I'm thinking that's why the media picked up on him.

Many others have written books about the wickedness of Isalm and sell items with "anti-Islam" themes. Many advertise on the internet (some elsewhere also).

No doubt the things you mention were reasons the media targetted him, but it was prOBably also because he's not a part of a larger denomination or association, he pastors a small church and he's not overly articulate.

Of course, by ignoring the others with similar things going on, the media was more effectively able to try and isolate this pastor and make him look like a lone nut. Had the media mentioned all those with similar plans and such they would have run the risk of showing just how many others across America hold similar views.

• Members

Many others have written books about the wickedness of Isalm and sell items with "anti-Islam" themes. Many advertise on the internet (some elsewhere also).

No doubt the things you mention were reasons the media targetted him, but it was prOBably also because he's not a part of a larger denomination or association, he pastors a small church and he's not overly articulate.

Of course, by ignoring the others with similar things going on, the media was more effectively able to try and isolate this pastor and make him look like a lone nut. Had the media mentioned all those with similar plans and such they would have run the risk of showing just how many others across America hold similar views.

Yes, its easier to go after the little one. I feel sure the Muslims are making a mark in the win column. They've made a Christian look like the bad guy.

• Members

Yes, its easier to go after the little one. I feel sure the Muslims are making a mark in the win column. They've made a Christian look like the bad guy.

Really though, should we care about their "win column"? I would guess that those who keep a win column are as misguided about that as they are about other things. In this case, Pastor Jones was misguided and his zeal was very misdirected.

• Members

Yes, it actually does matter about Muslims claiming "wins". Each time they claim a "win" that increases their boldness, increases recruitment and encourages further pressing. Islam teaches that when they have their enemies on the run or when they detect a weakness, to press on until the enemy is destroyed or surrenderes to Islam.

• Members

Just about 8 miles from here in Canterbury, there is the University of Kent. Many of the students are from Muslim countries. There are quite a few Christians who work with them, and other non Christians, some of which have never heard of Christianity. There are also believers working on the streets, some with chalk boards, some just with bibles, some befriending students and inviting them to their homes and churches and others just handing out tracts. Many of those reached are muslims.

There are many other anti Christian organisations, the head of which is the RC church, the head of which, the papal Antichrist, is visiting our country at this very time.

• Members

Just about 8 miles from here in Canterbury, there is the University of Kent. Many of the students are from Muslim countries. There are quite a few Christians who work with them, and other non Christians, some of which have never heard of Christianity. There are also believers working on the streets, some with chalk boards, some just with bibles, some befriending students and inviting them to their homes and churches and others just handing out tracts. Many of those reached are muslims.

There are many other anti Christian organisations, the head of which is the RC church, the head of which, the papal Antichrist, is visiting our country at this very time.

I imagine no one is burning Qurans in the street and I imagine that would not be very effective either.

• Members

I imagine no one is burning Qurans in the street and I imagine that would not be very effective either.

The stated purpose for the burning of the korans was not to evangelize but to let Muslims know that if they are going to keep hurting "us" then "we" are going to hurt them in a manner they can understand.

I've dealt with many Muslims directly, and I've never burned a koran.

I've dealt with many Catholics directly too, and I've never burned one of their books either.

I have been blessed to have been used of the Lord to lead several Catholics to Christ and to see them come out from that false religion.

• Members

The stated purpose for the burning of the korans was not to evangelize but to let Muslims know that if they are going to keep hurting "us" then "we" are going to hurt them in a manner they can understand.

I've dealt with many Muslims directly, and I've never burned a koran.

I've dealt with many Catholics directly too, and I've never burned one of their books either.

I have been blessed to have been used of the Lord to lead several Catholics to Christ and to see them come out from that false religion.

That is a direct contradiction of this verse. "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." Romans 12:19. As Christians we are not to take revenge or to answer a wrong with another wrong but to "turn the other cheek". Edited by CPR

• Members

That is a direct contradiction of this verse. "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." Romans 12:19. As Christians we are not to take revenge or to answer a wrong with another wrong but to "turn the other cheek".

I'm the wrong one to tell. Tell the one who came up with this.

• Members

I'm the wrong one to tell. Tell the one who came up with this.

I hope someone does! Really though, no one should have to tell him since he is a pastor he should know the Bible and should know this passage and many others that condemn his original plans.

• Members

I hope someone does! Really though, no one should have to tell him since he is a pastor he should know the Bible and should know this passage and many others that condemn his original plans.

Perhaps you should point out similar issues to yours as I have with a local Methodist "pastor".

• Members

Really though, should we care about their "win column"? I would guess that those who keep a win column are as misguided about that as they are about other things. In this case, Pastor Jones was misguided and his zeal was very misdirected.

I did not say I, we, Christians kept a win column, I did however say, "I feel sure the Muslims are making a mark in the win column." So, I send the 'Really though,' back to you..

• Members

I did not say I, we, Christians kept a win column, I did however say, "I feel sure the Muslims are making a mark in the win column." So, I send the 'Really though,' back to you..

I'm sorry if I was unclear. I meant that if radical Muslims were keeping a "win column" they were prOBably as misguided in their application of that as they are in other things. In that case we shouldn't really bother ourselves with their judgements of wins and losses.

• Members

I'm sorry if I was unclear. I meant that if radical Muslims were keeping a "win column" they were prOBably as misguided in their application of that as they are in other things. In that case we shouldn't really bother ourselves with their judgements of wins and losses.

True, win and loses means nothing, for in the end those that are on Christ side will stand with a real Winner. I expect they keep a record and when gathered together boast about all of their wins.