• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

'Move beyond fear': Planned Quran burning is religious stupidity

CPR

• Members

Many of those standing with the Muslims are some of the very ones who are trying to kick God out of our country.

Its amazing, now many professing Christians are siding with them.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Saying that burning the Quran would be wrong is not being yoked with unbelievers. It's calling an ill-conceived and unethical action what it is.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

NOBody will go to hell for disagreeing with Jerry. Only those who refuse to be born again in Christ and follow Him by OBeying His Word will go to hell.

This is a bit overdue, but I apologize for my comment. It was rude and childish and did nothing to add to the discussion. I wrote it in a moment of frustration when I shouldn't have posted anything at all. I'm sorry, Jerry and John. Edited by CPR

• Members
NOBody will go to hell for disagreeing with Jerry
Does Jerry agree? (Sorry Jerry, only joking.)

Here in England where there are many overseas students and there are Christians who work among the students who say that many of the Muslims are more open to the gospel than others. A friend who works among the students in Bordeaux, France, says the same. If stunts like burning the Quran are practiced, they may not be so open.

Do you have many overseas students in the US? If so, remember that they may be the leaders of their country one day. It would be more help to the gospel to try to reach them than using silly stunts that may alienate them to the gospel. Edited by Invicta

• Administrators

Here in England where there are many overseas students and there are Christians who work among the students who say that many of the Muslims are more open to the gospel than others. A friend who works among the students in Bordeaux, France, says the same. If stunts like burning the Quran are practiced, they may not be so open.

Do you have many overseas students in the US? If so, remember that they may be the leaders of their country one day. It would be more help to the gospel to try to reach them than using silly stunts that may alienate them to the gospel.

And another good post! You're on a roll, Invicta! :icon_mrgreen::thumb:

• Members

Do you have many overseas students in the US? If so, remember that they may be the leaders of their country one day. It would be more help to the gospel to try to reach them than using silly stunts that may alienate them to the gospel.

The thing is, many times its quite amazing at what will alienate a person towards you and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When Jesus was on this earth many got alienates towards Him for simply speaking His Fathers truth.

• Members

I have no prOBlem with burning the koran, Book of Mormon, anything that represents a false religion. I personnaly wouldn't do it but I don't have a prOBlem with it. However, this guy didn't have a lick of common sense. Didn't this guy know that this event would cause a firestorm if it hit the media? We all know the msm hates true Christianity. We all know that they would spin it to reflect badly on us. I'm aware of the hypocrasy. The Muslims kill Christians and no one talks about it. Christ is mocked on TV, in literature, music, art, you name it and it's freedom of speech and expression. Why do they get away with it? Because we don't cut heads off. The bottom line is Americans are afraid. They scared to death of Islam. Let's appease the crazies and maybe they will leave us alone. Well, I got news for ya, they ain't gonna leave us alone. They are looking for ANY excuse to act out violence on us. Now with all that said, I think Jones should have asked himself, Will this win souls to Christ? Do you think this event will win a Muslim to Christ? I can think of alot better ways to being a witness to Muslims than burning their koran. I agree with what someone said, if you want to burn it, do it in your fireplace. I'm so tired of hearing Islam being the "religion of peace" when it is anything but. Christ is the Prince of Peace period. As followers in Christ, in this dark age we need to think before we act. I know one thing. If Islam takes over this country, all the Christian haters will wish we were back in control!

• Administrators

From what I gather there were several churches, pastors, groups and such that burned or destroyed korans on 911 but the media only focused upon this one particular pastor.

He advertised his plans, and has sold many "Islam is of the Devil" t-shirts via his website (which was taken down for a while - don't know if it's back up). I'm thinking that's why the media picked up on him.