• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good place for Christian sheet music

• Members

Ok, I've Googled this quite a bit and can't seem to come up with any substantial results. My daughter plays the trumpet and wants to play at the church. However, I am having a real difficult time finding good Christian sheet music for the trumpet. I can find a boat load for the piano and guitar, but not for trumpet. Does anyone know of something for trumpets? I was going to have her work from the hymnal, but didn't know if there was anything else out there. Thanks.

• Members

One of our members here (Ron) plays the trumpet. I just shot him a message. He is a busy guy, so I'm hoping he will have time to help you here. He is a real Doc, he just does not play one on TV. :)

hahaha. well, per special request from BroMatt I am making a lounge call (kinda like a house call, only better) to answer this post. Unfortunately, I haven't bought any solo books for trumpet recently and most of them were purchased for me by former pastors years ago. There are many good trumpet solo books around and hopefully they are not all out of print now, but you might want to do a search under trumpet solos from people like ROBert Nagel, David Clydesdale, and the best of Chuck Ohman. One of our church orchestra members actually played in the Clydesdale orchestra several years back and we still play alot of his orchestra/choir arrangements for our musicals and church services. Hope this helps and hope everyone has a happy Labor Day!!!

• Members

Ok, I've Googled this quite a bit and can't seem to come up with any substantial results. My daughter plays the trumpet and wants to play at the church. However, I am having a real difficult time finding good Christian sheet music for the trumpet. I can find a boat load for the piano and guitar, but not for trumpet. Does anyone know of something for trumpets? I was going to have her work from the hymnal, but didn't know if there was anything else out there. Thanks.

My old boss where I built PC's for 4 years back in the 90's plays the trumpet and also plays at Church. I will shoot him an email and see if he knows of any resources. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Got an answer from my old boss.

Google "Mighty Trumpet Ministries" for the best results for both tracks and sheet music. Also Fletch Wiley has a good book with accompaniment

Hope those leads help.

Also, sheetmusicplus.com has over 2000 listings for Christian sheet music.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Got an answer from my old boss.

Google "Mighty Trumpet Ministries" for the best results for both tracks and sheet music. Also Fletch Wiley has a good book with accompaniment

Hope those leads help.

Also, sheetmusicplus.com has over 2000 listings for Christian sheet music.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that.

• Members

Great Hymns of Faith

Hymnal
http://www.christianbook.com/great-hymns-of-the-faith/pd/655367
http://www.worshipmusic.com/product_detail.cfm?pid=10744&stateful=077E29B11BE80AB57E1A2ECABB7DA330

Looseleaf 8 1/2 x 11
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Great-Hymns-of-the-Faith-Looseleaf-Red/4458875