• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Some advice

• Administrators
I was divorced and have since remarried. That is NOT what this discussion is about, so please keep those comments to yourself.

Folks, it is clear that asysin2leads wanted this thread to go in a certain direction. Let's respect that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

According to the Bible's Christ; you've caused your ex to live in sin and your current spouse to live in sin; not to mention that you too are living in sin and also fathered three children in sin. In my estimation, your prOBlems with the various English translations are insignificant in comparison to that.
C.L.I.F.F.
/

I'm sure that you'll find something in one of your little books of perversion that will also say that I am going to Hell because I am divorced, and therefore, unsaved. Keep reaching here, sparky.

Thanks for the advice gents, with the exception of Webers_home. I don't take anything he says to be truth. If I recall, God is a forgiving God. He can also forgive divorce. Unless the Bible is lying. <_<

• Administrators

Ok, I've had a little bit of sleep and my brain is starting to un-goo. Let me clarify a couple of things. First, we are not seeking full custody solely based on church preference. There are several other, more determining, factors. Second, I don't have an issue with the kids speaking their mind, providing they do it respectfully and they do. When we all sat down to discuss this, the kids were calm and cool and laid out their concerns. Her new husband is the one who showed a lack of respect. I think the main reason that it really upsets us is the fact that this did not happen until the VERY day they got married. My ex-wife and us have always been understanding and accommodating to each other. When they got married, that all stopped.

Thanks for the prayers.

I'm sorry to hear that! As to your reasons for custody: none of us walk in your shoes and your reasons are your own and (I'm sure you know this) none of us are in position to say what you should and shouldn't sue custody for. I do hope it works out for you - it sounds like the kids will have greater stability in your home.

I want to reiterate that the best way for the kids to continue to stand firm with the KJB is to memorize many verses with them from it. Maybe even put together small notebooks with verses in them for the kids to work on daily - even at their mom's house - as part of their devotions.

The best way to spot a counterfeit is to be completely familiar with the real thing. The same holds true with the KJB - being extra familiar with it helps put a battlement up as a protection against falsehood (whether it be other versions or the world's philosophies).

It sounds like your kids have a good grasp on which Bible to use! I don't know if you've ever heard of Dr. Donald Waite, but he has spent years in study and research on the KJB and has written much. Maybe a thought would be to purchase some of his materials and go through them with your kids - taking it as slow as they might need (some of his stuff can get weighty, but it's always good).

I'm sure also that if you wrote Dr. Waite and asked for ideas as to KJB resources for kids, if there is anything written, he would be happy to help. I've written him before and he has answered. His website: http://biblefortoday.org/

• Members

I'm sure that you'll find something in one of your little books of perversion that will also say that I am going to Hell because I am divorced, and therefore, unsaved. Keep reaching here, sparky.

Thanks for the advice gents, with the exception of Webers_home. I don't take anything he says to be truth. If I recall, God is a forgiving God. He can also forgive divorce. Unless the Bible is lying. <_<

:amen: Divorce is NOT the unpardonable sin.

• Members

Folks, it is clear that asysin2leads wanted this thread to go in a certain direction. Let's respect that.

Request Denied.

†. 1Tim 5:20-21 . .Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou OBserve these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

C.L.I.F.F.
/ Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

I'm sure that you'll find something in one of your little books of perversion that will also say that I am going to Hell because I am divorced, and therefore, unsaved.

Was David condemned to eternal suffering for the unpardonable sins of premeditated murder and adultery? Was he condemned to Hell for the unpardonable sin of deliberate sin? No; but I'll tell you something about David. His attitude about it was a world of a difference than the one you've thus far exemplified.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

Ok, I've had a little bit of sleep and my brain is starting to un-goo. Let me clarify a couple of things. First, we are not seeking full custody solely based on church preference. There are several other, more determining, factors. Second, I don't have an issue with the kids speaking their mind, providing they do it respectfully and they do. When we all sat down to discuss this, the kids were calm and cool and laid out their concerns. Her new husband is the one who showed a lack of respect. I think the main reason that it really upsets us is the fact that this did not happen until the VERY day they got married. My ex-wife and us have always been understanding and accommodating to each other. When they got married, that all stopped.

Thanks for the prayers.

The only reason I made the comment I did was it seemed you were basing your thoughts totally on the church he wanted them to attend. I agree with you on the church issue, yet I know the world, a court of law, will not agree with you, they would think such thoughts would be totally foolish.

Hope all comes out well for your children.

• Members

Was David condemned to eternal suffering for the unpardonable sins of premeditated murder and adultery? Was he condemned to Hell for the unpardonable sin of deliberate sin? No; but I'll tell you something about David. His attitude about it was a world of a difference than the one you've thus far exemplified.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Ok, you can come on here and spew your garbage and quote a few Scriptures to suit your meager little existence, congrats. Must be great being you. However, I was seeking reasonable advice for a given situation and you decided to make it personal by saying I was brain washing my kids. I am raising my kids according to biblical principles. The good news is that I don't have to answer to you for anything. Remember that when you start typing the next Scripture. So, I do wonder just what your purpose on this forum is. Is it to come on here and feed your over-bloated sense of worth? If you have some constructive advice to add to this situation, by all means, please post it. That's the purpose of my original post. However, if you feel as though you need to interject you warped sense of biblical right and wrong, then seek life elsewhere.

• Members

The only reason I made the comment I did was it seemed you were basing your thoughts totally on the church he wanted them to attend. I agree with you on the church issue, yet I know the world, a court of law, will not agree with you, they would think such thoughts would be totally foolish.

That's fine. Like I said, my initial post was all over the place. There is a lot of other issues that we have dealt with; both in and out of court.

Hope all comes out well for your children.

Thanks. So do we.

• Members

It wasn't a request. When you joined the forum you agreed to abide by forum rules. Heeding forum admins and mods is part of that. A word to the wise is sufficient..

It's still denied because it is better to OBey God than men.

†. 1Tim 5:20-21 . .Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou OBserve these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

There's an episode in Paul's first letter to the church at Corinth regarding a pew warmer who was sleeping with his father's wife. Shame of shame, the church defended the man and said nothing to him about his conduct. But when Paul got wind of it, he blew his stack and demanded that they unite and ostracize the man. As time went by, the man's attitude changed and then Paul ordered the church to welcome him back into their membership.

You know, I see some of that very same thing going on here. People are indignant that I have questioned asysin2leads' divorce. But until his attitude changes, it is my sacred duty to hold his feet to the fire; and all of you should be doing the very same thing.

If it's any consolation to some of my critics hereabouts; I have been married to a divorced woman going on 31 years. She's my first and only wife; and the only girl I ever slept with. We have one son who graduated from University Of Oregon in 2005 with a degree in Journalism.

Does Mtt 5:31-32 make us adulterers? Yes; no doubt about it. Does Mtt 5:31-32 imply that our son was born in sin? Yes; it most certainly does. You see; I trust the Bible's Christ and sincerely believe he knows what he's talking about.

That's all I have to say about that; and this is my final on this particular thread.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Edited by Webers_Home

• Administrators

C.L.I.F.F.
/

And it's better to be a man of your word. Agreeing to forum rules and then thinking you are above them is being deceitful. But then, in your world that's prOBably okay because you can make it sound scriptural. Back to topic.

• Members

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Somebody is about to get rebuked before all, I'm thinkin'....hope you have some other forums you like.

• Administrators

There's an episode in Paul's first letter to the church at Corinth regarding a pew warmer who was sleeping with his father's wife. Shame of shame, the church defended the man and said nothing to him about his conduct. But when Paul got wind of it, he blew his stack and demanded that they unite and ostracize the man. As time went by, the man's attitude changed and then Paul ordered the church to welcome him back into their membership.this isn't the Corinthian church, you aren't Paul and you have no idea what happened with him, nor is it your business

You know, I see some of that very same thing going on here. People are indignant that I have questioned asysin2leads' divorce. But until his attitude changes, it is my sacred duty to hold his feet to the fire; and all of you should be doing the very same thing.You have assumed that you know his attitude and created strife where none needed to exist. One of the seven things that God lists in Proverbs as hating is "he that stirreth discord among the brethren." He isn't accountable to you and you have no right to take the attitude that you are his or anyone else's spiritual superior.

If it's any consolation to some of my critics hereabouts; I have been married to a divorced woman going on 31 years. She's my first and only wife; and the only girl I ever slept with. We have one son who graduated from University Of Oregon in 2005 with a degree in Journalism.
Thank you for sharing. Congrats on the 31 years and your son's career choice.

Does Mtt 5:31-32 make us adulterers? Yes; no doubt about it. Does Mtt 5:31-32 imply that our son was born in sin? Yes; it most certainly does. You see; I trust the Bible's Christ and sincerely believe he knows what he's talking about.No, that passage doesn't make us adulterers. Our choices do. and it's more than the action - the Bible's Christ states that looking on a woman and lusting after her is adultery...

That's all I have to say about that; and this is my final on this particular thread.Good

C.L.I.F.F.
/