• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Howdy from Kentucky

• Members

Hey folks, I'm Steve. I was saved when I was a child in a Methodist Church. At 17, I was called to preach with Acts 26:16. Shortly thereafter, I graduated high school, ended up with the US Marine Corps, back to college for the second time, a jOB as a police officer--all running from the Lord. In 1998 I met a great friend of mine and Hyles Anderson grad who introduced me to Independent Fundamental Baptist preaching. God called that man away and I got mad and ran away again from the Lord. Nearly two years ago, I felt the calling of the Lord was getting even more serious. I retired from police work and started going to church in a new place. Within a very short time I started soul winning again and spending time with the pastor. The last Sunday in July, I gave my first message during the Sunday evening service. What a relief it is to finally be back in the will of God. I don't feel that I have ever been this close to God and Jesus in my life other than when I got saved. Speaking of which, I just made a trip to Maryland--17 hours on the road and he didn't get saved--but the Lord delivered to me in the mail yesterday, a check for the exact amount of the cost of that trip!!! This was not money I was expecting in any way shape or form. It was a gift from God! Makes me feel ashamed that i didn't stay out on faith in 2000 when I left last time--not that I didn't feel ashamed enough as it was.

I'm planning on being a preacher here at my own church, helping my pastor. My main ministry is soul winning and knocking on doors. My current jOB keeps me out on the highway in the area all the time, so I keep tracts with me and my soul winners Bible. I'd like to be an evangelist, but sometimes I think that's of the flesh for pride's sake. So for now, I'm completely happy with where I am and thank God each and every day for life and my current status.

I just happened to find this website by accident looking for friendly content and church directories. I'm looking forward to making new friends in the Lord here. Just don't hold it against me that I'm a real life Hillbilly--it doesn't show through that much in typing, but you should hear me talk!! You Northerners can relax, when I was in the Marine Corps, my buddies used me as an interpreter between the city guys and the country guys. I must say that that was very interesting sometimes!

• Members

Hey folks, I'm Steve. I was saved when I was a child in a Methodist Church. At 17, I was called to preach with Acts 26:16. Shortly thereafter, I graduated high school, ended up with the US Marine Corps, back to college for the second time, a jOB as a police officer--all running from the Lord. In 1998 I met a great friend of mine and Hyles Anderson grad who introduced me to Independent Fundamental Baptist preaching. God called that man away and I got mad and ran away again from the Lord. Nearly two years ago, I felt the calling of the Lord was getting even more serious. I retired from police work and started going to church in a new place. Within a very short time I started soul winning again and spending time with the pastor. The last Sunday in July, I gave my first message during the Sunday evening service. What a relief it is to finally be back in the will of God. I don't feel that I have ever been this close to God and Jesus in my life other than when I got saved. Speaking of which, I just made a trip to Maryland--17 hours on the road and he didn't get saved--but the Lord delivered to me in the mail yesterday, a check for the exact amount of the cost of that trip!!! This was not money I was expecting in any way shape or form. It was a gift from God! Makes me feel ashamed that i didn't stay out on faith in 2000 when I left last time--not that I didn't feel ashamed enough as it was.

I'm planning on being a preacher here at my own church, helping my pastor. My main ministry is soul winning and knocking on doors. My current jOB keeps me out on the highway in the area all the time, so I keep tracts with me and my soul winners Bible. I'd like to be an evangelist, but sometimes I think that's of the flesh for pride's sake. So for now, I'm completely happy with where I am and thank God each and every day for life and my current status.

I just happened to find this website by accident looking for friendly content and church directories. I'm looking forward to making new friends in the Lord here. Just don't hold it against me that I'm a real life Hillbilly--it doesn't show through that much in typing, but you should hear me talk!! You Northerners can relax, when I was in the Marine Corps, my buddies used me as an interpreter between the city guys and the country guys. I must say that that was very interesting sometimes!

A big ol' NWGA howdy, right back at ya! Welcome!
BTW, my wife was a Kentuckian, before she moved to Canaan, um, I mean, NWGA! LOL
Not sure where you are in KY, but, she was a member of Pleasant View Baptist Church, of McQuady, KY, Pastor Dale Massengale! You can find their link, in the directory, if you haven't already done so.
Welcome... Come on in!

• Members

Welcome. Isn't it great to be in a place with like-minded people promoting the "Old Paths?" Like my pastor says, "Stick around and get plugged in." Don't worry about the USMC. We won't hold that against you here. There is a prayer room around here somewhere. :biggrin:

Kevin (aka "doc" to my Marine buddies)

• Members

Thanks for the fellowship gang. I'm in Pikeville, KY--far eastern near WV and VA. I'm a member at Victory Baptist Church with Dr. Edgar McKinney as pastor.

Same name as my church, I'm also current active duty Marine.

Welcome aboard, Marine.

• Members

Welcome Hillbilly!
I am a 5th generation Florida Cracker from the pineywoods and I talk that way too.
We were visiting relatives in Dunmor, Kentucky this past Christmas and that weekend we were gettin' the itch to pick so we had to hunt us up some Kentucky Hillibillies to pick with; We found some.....

My son is the one on the mandolin. Edited by heartstrings