• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do you put pics in a post?

• Members

Just wondering, how you put pictures in a post! Folks have asked me to post pics of "Baby Girl," but they're too big, for my profile! Jess thinks, the smallest pic we have, at present, is around 750KB! I (myself) won't be putting pics in a post, (if possible,) but Jess will! Let's just say, it's too visual for me! LOL If I had a little knowledge about how to do it, maybe, I could help her with it!
Thanks!

• Administrators

If you are getting the error message that the picture file is too big, you need to resize the picture on your computer before uploading it.

If you do not have the tools to do this on your computer, there is a free online tool. http://www.picresize.com

Make sure that you do not overwrite your existing picture. Make a copy of the picture that you want to resize and then resize the copy you just made.

• Members

Here's what I do and it's real simple, OFIB.

1. Start up MS Paint, more than likely you have it on your computer.

2. Click "File", then "Open", and open up the picture you have of your little one. You should then see it on the screen.

3. Click "Image", then "Stretch/Skew". That will open up a new window, and you see options to adjust the picture horizontally and vertically. Try a few different options, I recommend starting with 80% in each of the first two options until it gets down to a size you like. Every time you do it the picture will get smaller.

4. Once you get it to where it's the size of your fist, click file and save as. It's very important that you don't just save it, save it as a different file name so you don't erase the first one.

• Members

Here's what I do and it's real simple, OFIB.

1. Start up MS Paint, more than likely you have it on your computer.

2. Click "File", then "Open", and open up the picture you have of your little one. You should then see it on the screen.

3. Click "Image", then "Stretch/Skew". That will open up a new window, and you see options to adjust the picture horizontally and vertically. Try a few different options, I recommend starting with 80% in each of the first two options until it gets down to a size you like. Every time you do it the picture will get smaller.

4. Once you get it to where it's the size of your fist, click file and save as. It's very important that you don't just save it, save it as a different file name so you don't erase the first one.

Thanks! I'll get Jess to check this out, when she can! It may be a while, with everything going on, at present, but we'll see! My vision is just a little too fuzzy, to do it, to say the least! LOL

• Members

Thanks! I'll get Jess to check this out, when she can! It may be a while, with everything going on, at present, but we'll see! My vision is just a little too fuzzy, to do it, to say the least! LOL

You bet brother, I'm happy to help! There's nothing more frustrating then computer prOBlems.

• Members

You bet brother, I'm happy to help! There's nothing more frustrating then computer prOBlems.

Boy, you got that right!
Jess looked at the pictures on the computer, found the one she tried earlier and found no way, to re-size it! Sorry, but thank you, for your help!
BTW, IMHO, I'm particular about what we put on this computer, as far as programs and such! A program or add-on has to have multiple uses, before it's put here!
I said this a while back, about certain audio files! I'm not downloading a whole different player, just for one or two preacher's messages! The same thing goes for add-ons and such! Jess has some programs she put on here, but she made sure they'd be practical! That's just the way we do it, 'round here!
Once again, thank y'all, for y'all's help.