• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Did You Find Online Baptist?

Guest Guest

• Members

I once heard a preacher preaching about something like if God is in control of whether or not a sparrow falls or not and He's counted the hairs on your head, then He even cares about the socks you are wearing!

In other words, God is concerned with all things and we should be in prayer about all things.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:amen: (Matthew 10:29-30) - "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. {30} But the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Perhaps God has something more important for that child than Little League Baseball, so praying about it just might be a good idea.

17 Pray without ceasing.

1 Thess 5:17 (KJV)

Praying it one thing we can't do to much of. I really think, that every born against Christian, with the price that has been paid for that soul, God is interested in all aspects of that life.

• Members
There's no Scriptural justification for this.

Over and over God shows us in His word that he cares about each decision that we make...big or small. Casting ALL your cares upon him...if someone is concerned about whether something is a good decision or not, then that is a care and He invites us to cast it upon him. It's not right to criticize someone because they prayed about a decision. I have been amazed to hear many stories in my life of Christians who were about to do something and prayed and changed their mind (something as small as changing to a different train car) and because of that they were able to meet a person God allowed them to lead to Christ.

Our great matters are small to His power and our small matters are great to His love.

• Members

Over and over God shows us in His word that he cares about each decision that we make...big or small. Casting ALL your cares upon him...if someone is concerned about whether something is a good decision or not, then that is a care and He invites us to cast it upon him. It's not right to criticize someone because they prayed about a decision. I have been amazed to hear many stories in my life of Christians who were about to do something and prayed and changed their mind (something as small as changing to a different train car) and because of that they were able to meet a person God allowed them to lead to Christ.

Our great matters are small to His power and our small matters are great to His love.

But there's no Scriptural Justification for this idea. We are to use the wisdom and judgment that God has given us. Anecdotal stories are nice, but they don't do in place of Scripture.

• Members
Perhaps God has something more important for that child than Little League Baseball, so praying about it just might be a good idea.

17 Pray without ceasing.

1 Thess 5:17 (KJV)

Praying it one thing we can't do to much of. I really think, that every born against Christian, with the price that has been paid for that soul, God is interested in all aspects of that life.

:goodpost::amen::goodpost:

I forget how I found OB - I think I was reffered to this board from another baptist board that was not a KJVO board and I got called a Ruckmanite for saying that I believe in the KJV only! Anywho - there are some people that you can read the entire Bible to them and they will still claim "there is no scriptural basis for XYZ." We need to pray for our "babes in Christ" and pray they grow enough spiritual teeth that they will eventually be able to eat the meat of the Word and not remain on the milk for much longer.

• Members

[quote="Will"][quote="joyfulpraise93"][quote="Will"]There's no Scriptural justification for this.[/quote]

Our great matters are small to His power and our small matters are great to His love.[/quote]

But there's no Scriptural Justification for this idea. We are to use the wisdom and judgment that God has given us. Anecdotal stories are nice, but they don't do in place of Scripture.[/quote]

I gave Scripture...and there's plenty more in the Bible that shows it than just one verse. It's basically the whole of the Christian life...being led of the Holy Spirit in every decision that is made. :)

:wvlf"

• Members

[quote="joyfulpraise93"][quote="Will"][quote="joyfulpraise93"][quote="Will"]There's no Scriptural justification for this.[/quote]

Our great matters are small to His power and our small matters are great to His love.[/quote]

But there's no Scriptural Justification for this idea. We are to use the wisdom and judgment that God has given us. Anecdotal stories are nice, but they don't do in place of Scripture.[/quote]

I gave Scripture...and there's plenty more in the Bible that shows it than just one verse. It's basically the whole of the Christian life...being led of the Holy Spirit in every decision that is made. :)

:wvlf"[/quote]

No, I'm afraid that you gave a misapplication of Scripture. The short part of a verse you gave has nothing to do with "seeking the Will of God."

The question is: How is God involved in the process of decision making?" Now, God's will is expressly made clear in Scripture. However, the prevailing view today of Christians is that God has a special blueprint for our lives, and that blueprint must be sought out because God just doesn't show it to use. So Christians "pray and seek God to show them His will." There isn't a Biblical foundation for this kind of thing. People say they "feel led of the Spirit" to do such and such. But in saying this, they're abusing Scripture. The Spirit empowers us to live Holy Lives, understand Scripture, and pray. The Spirit doesn't lead us to this church or that church, or this message board or that message board. Some people "pray and feel peace about it." But Scripture nowhere tells us to do this. Moses didn't have peace about going to Egypt, but He went anyway. Gideon didn't have peace about going to war with the Midianites, but he went anyway. Some Christians look for "open doors" and "closed doors" based on a terrible misinterpretation of 1 Corinthians 16:8,9; and 2 Corinthians 2:12-13. Paul did not read divine opportunities as being divine directives. Some Christians think we have to look for signs, but looking for signs is a spirit of unbelief in God's already given Word. Some people think that we can discern God's will based on the confirmation of others of our gifting. But Scripture doesn't teach that either.

In short, God's will is found in Scripture, and we are to seek to follow Scripture, in which God's will is found. We should strive to live peaceably with all men. We should strive to walk in the Spirit, to pray, to study Scripture. Nowhere does Scripture indicate that we need to seek God's will as if it were lost or undiscernable to us until God gives us a clue.

• Members

Great though.

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

But so many times we take everything into our own hands, that when we mess up, for we leave Him out of our decision making and fail to humble ourself before God. After all He is concerned about every part of our life.

[quote]The question is: How is God involved in the process of decision making?" Now, God's will is expressly made clear in Scripture. However, the prevailing view today of Christians is that God has a special blueprint for our lives, and that blueprint must be sought out because God just doesn't show it to use. So Christians "pray and seek God to show them His will." There isn't a Biblical foundation for this kind of thing. People say they "feel led of the Spirit" to do such and such. But in saying this, they're abusing Scripture. The Spirit empowers us to live Holy Lives, understand Scripture, and pray. The Spirit doesn't lead us to this church or that church, or this message board or that message board. Some people "pray and feel peace about it." But Scripture nowhere tells us to do this.[/quote]

[color=#0000FF]"Ezra 8:21 [u]Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance.[/u]"

"Psalm 27:8 [u]When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.[/u]"

"Psalm 32:8 [u]I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."[/u]

"Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man [u]are ordered by the LORD[/u]: and he delighteth in his way."

"Daniel 9:3 And [u]I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications[/u], with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:"

"Isaiah 30:21 [u]And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.[/u]"

"John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And [u]they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.[/u]"

"Acts 16:7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: [u]but the Spirit suffered them not.[/u]"

"Romans 8:14 [u]For as many as are led by the Spirit of God[/u], they are the sons of God."

"1 Thessalonians 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: [u]for ye yourselves are taught of God[/u] to love one another."

"James 1:5 [u]If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.[/u]"[/color]

• Members

[quote="Seth Doty"][quote]The question is: How is God involved in the process of decision making?" Now, God's will is expressly made clear in Scripture. However, the prevailing view today of Christians is that God has a special blueprint for our lives, and that blueprint must be sought out because God just doesn't show it to use. So Christians "pray and seek God to show them His will." There isn't a Biblical foundation for this kind of thing. People say they "feel led of the Spirit" to do such and such. But in saying this, they're abusing Scripture. The Spirit empowers us to live Holy Lives, understand Scripture, and pray. The Spirit doesn't lead us to this church or that church, or this message board or that message board. Some people "pray and feel peace about it." But Scripture nowhere tells us to do this.[/quote]

[color=#0000FF]"Ezra 8:21 [u]Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance.[/u]"

"Psalm 27:8 [u]When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.[/u]"

"Psalm 32:8 [u]I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."[/u]

"Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man [u]are ordered by the LORD[/u]: and he delighteth in his way."

"Daniel 9:3 And [u]I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications[/u], with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:"

"Isaiah 30:21 [u]And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.[/u]"

"John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And [u]they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.[/u]"

"Acts 16:7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: [u]but the Spirit suffered them not.[/u]"

"Romans 8:14 [u]For as many as are led by the Spirit of God[/u], they are the sons of God."

"1 Thessalonians 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: [u]for ye yourselves are taught of God[/u] to love one another."

"James 1:5 [u]If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.[/u]"[/color][/quote]

I'll get back to this later, but you're taking several of these verses out of context, and taking descriptive passages as being prescriptive.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [b]In [u]all[/u] thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths[/b]."
Proverbs 3:5-6

[quote]I'll get back to this later, but you're taking several of these verses out of context, and taking descriptive passages as being prescriptive.[/quote]

If you don't want to ask the Lord about any decision before you make it that is between you and God, but it does speak of a poor understanding of the character of God and the working of the Holy Spirit in a believers life. I hope you do not hold a deist position.

Belief that the Lord will hear and respond is one of those fundamentals you can't even get saved without.

[color=#0000FF]"Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, [u]and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.[/u]"[/color]