Online Baptist Community

How Did You Find Online Baptist?

Guest Guest

I found it when I was Google searching for an Independent Baptist site. I soon found OB and, after some praying, decided to join. :wink I've very much enjoyed my experience thus far, and I am sure I will continue to.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IFB

I found OB by searching. I had been looking for a good Baptist group for quite some time.

I had been posting on a Baptist group which was taken over by RCC, coC, Oneness, and when I found this group I joined it and left the other one.

I might add, I had tried several other groups, but did not really care for them.

• Advanced Member

I was invited here by U4tarheel, who still posts on here from time to time. Both he and I were occasional visitors to another forum that was effectively closed down three years ago: http://www.baptist.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2

I know of one more person from that board--GrannyGumbo--who has also posted on here; aside from her and U4tarheel I sometimes wonder where the other forum members went.

• IFB

I was actually about to give up on being a part of any Christian forum. There were others I had joined and I found them to be mostly very unchristian. I was deleting my membership in them, those that hadn't already kicked me out for quoting from the KJB or for using Scripture to support what I was saying). After doing this I decided to give one more try at finding a truely Christian forum (maybe the Holy Ghost guiding me).

I don't actually recall if I found OB doing a search or if I followed a link I found somewhere. In any case, when I found OB I was very pleasantly surprised and greatly pleased when I was allowed to join. This has been my internet home ever since. :smile

[quote]I found it when I was Google searching for an Independent Baptist site. [/quote]

Same here, I was looking for IFB forums. I lurked about three months just reading posts before I decided it was something I wanted to join though.

• Advanced Member

Your first post here, Katie. :wave:

Any other Minnesotans here? I'm a Minnesotan living in China with my hubby and baby girl and I found this by browsing the world wide web and that beloved Google. We're attempting to do missionary stuff, but it's slow going. We just got back here after being home in beautiful Minnesota for a few months. Before that we were here 2 1/2 years.

Matt installed a web service I built--SpelChek--and I checked out the board. I didn't post, then, because I don't go to an IFB church. Then Matt added another service I built--phpBible--and some people were asking about it so I replied to their questions. Istarted making a few posts, limiting it alot, since I didn't want to intrude, not being IFB. Then a bunch of Liberals took over the board I was posting on, and proceeded to run off all the real Christians, so I started posting more here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Achievements

• Saved_by_Grace earned a badge
      First Post
    • Lillian earned a badge
      First Post
    • Ann B earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • auburn_tiger went up a rank
      Enthusiast
    • Rando earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Tell a friend

Love Online Baptist Community? Tell a friend!
  • Members

• Recent Status Updates

• Eagle One

Havent been on for years, but have been studying with Jews for Jesus weekly Bible Study which has been wonderful.  Not sure any of your views on that group, but if you are from a Jewish background a great place to be grounded in the word and to learn.
      · 0 replies
    • Barbara Ann

I am a researcher and writer at Watch Unto Prayer which I started 25 years ago. On this website there are many well-documented articles and audio programs by myself and other researchers whose ministry is to expose the endtime apostasy of the Church. Now more than ever Christians need information in order to identify and avoid the various deceptions that are in nearly all the churches.
      My husband and I attended the IFB Bible Baptist Church of James Knox a couple of years ago. We left the church after we were informed by the assistant pastor that we were not allowed to express views to other members that do not agree with the views of the pastor and leaders of the church. We were not introducing heresy but expressing our views concerning the State of Israel. We had never been in a church which forbade private conversations on issues where there are diverse opinions. This we recognized as cultlike control of church members. To inform Christians, my husband, who is also a researcher and writer, started a website on the subject: Zionism Exposed: A Watchman Ministry.
      · 0 replies
    • Free Spirit

Jesus said:"I am the truth, the way, and the life. No man can come to The Father, but by Me."
      · 0 replies
    • Richg  »  BrotherTony

Brother Tony, I read your reply on Anderson, I know you all think I'm argumentative but, when you don't agree.....the first thought I had is, I wish you would introduce me to the guy that hasn't sinned, maybe David, that had a man killed so he could commit adultery, yet, he was & is a man after Gods own heart, or maybe Paul the guy that persecuted and had Christians killed, or maybe Richg or Kent H, or even you ! I used to listen to personalities also when I was younger but today and for some time, my only concern is, does it line up with scripture & to me its hilarious that you think "I'm in a fix" LOL, I interpreted what we've discussed perfectly, not because I'm smart, but because with an open mind to things of God, its an easy read.
      · 1 reply
    • Richg  »  Jerry

I thought you wanted me to stop talking to you !
      · 0 replies
  • Topics