• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Greeting from New Zealand

The Words of the KJB  

11 members have voted

1. 1. The words of the KJB are the words of God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Mostly
    • As it is translated correctly.
    • There is no more complete Bible.
    • It is the best translation for English speaking people.
    • It is, but you can not translate it to other languages.
    • You need the Hebrew and Greek to understand it.
    • There are many others Bibles that help us understand the KJB.

• Members

Greeting from New Zealand,

I am a simple missionary to a small country in the far south pacific. I would appreciate not being shunned before we talk. This is the second KJV forum that I have entered in about a year, on the last one I left after being attacked by all the senior members and the owner. I am pretty unwavering when it comes to God words, you need to believe that precious Bible and live by it. If you have not come the realization that God is pure and holy and just and all powerful then I can understand your not knowing that the the words of the Lord are pure and unchanging.

I will prOBably be online at times that you are all sleeping in the USA and I will not be her on a daily basis as there are too many sinners to witness to and never enough time for Bible study and you get the picture. But I would appreciate fellowship with anyone that knows the Lord by repentance and salvation.

So having introduced myself I hope you love God because he first loved you.

Ted Snyder
Also don't believe in hiding behind a nom de plume.

• Members

I am a simple missionary to a small country in the far south pacific. I would appreciate not being shunned before we talk. This is the second KJV forum that I have entered in about a year, on the last one I left after being attacked by all the senior members and the owner. I am pretty unwavering when it comes to God words, you need to believe that precious Bible and live by it. If you have not come the realization that God is pure and holy and just and all powerful then I can understand your not knowing that the the words of the Lord are pure and unchanging.

I will prOBably be online at times that you are all sleeping in the USA and I will not be her on a daily basis as there are too many sinners to witness to and never enough time for Bible study and you get the picture. But I would appreciate fellowship with anyone that knows the Lord by repentance and salvation.

Ted Snyder

"Hiding Behind" a nom de plume? I have three of them on forums, including my email! I really don't consider it "hiding" who would know an insignificant guy such as me anyway? I do not have to hide from those who don't know me. I have other reasons for using one.

• Members

"Hiding Behind" a nom de plume? I have three of them on forums, including my email! I really don't consider it "hiding" who would know an insignificant guy such as me anyway? I do not have to hide from those who don't know me. I have other reasons for using one.

I was afraid I would insult someone. Sorry, I was talking about me not you. I'm sure everyone has good reasons for not using there given names. Please fill me in. I am new here so I don't understand why Christians do the same things the world does, but I'm open to discussion. By the way God knows all about you, to Him every souls is precious.

• Members

Please fill me in. I am new here so I don't understand why Christians do the same things the world does, but I'm open to discussion.

That is a fairly general statement. You don't understand why the Christians dress in a suit and tie like a business man in the "world" does? You don't understand why Christians (other than the Amish) drive automOBiles like those of the "world" do?

Very broad questions and statements are confusing to many. Perhaps being more specific would help.

Also, welcome to the board. My first thought when you posted was, "Bless their hearts, they may be very home sick." My wife and I got saved under the preaching of a missionary to Okinawa, Japan. We have a very special place in our hearts for missionaries and the unique challenges they face. May God bless you richly!

• Members

That is a fairly general statement. You don't understand why the Christians dress in a suit and tie like a business man in the "world" does? You don't understand why Christians (other than the Amish) drive automOBiles like those of the "world" do?

Very broad questions and statements are confusing to many. Perhaps being more specific would help.

Ah, you took that out of context, we were talking about using a name that is not your proper name. But since you brought it up, why do you do the things you do? Don't tell me tell God.

Also, welcome to the board. My first thought when you posted was, "Bless their hearts, they may be very home sick." My wife and I got saved under the preaching of a missionary to Okinawa, Japan. We have a very special place in our hearts for missionaries and the unique challenges they face. May God bless you richly!

Thanks for the welcome, I hope that you can forgive me for my brashness. I just like to test the waters and see who starts complaining. If you believe that old KJB then you will know not to fellowship with world. I'm not that mean if you give me a chance, but the new birth does make me peculiar.

• Members

Ted Snyder

Howdy!
Welcome.

• Members

Ditto!

• Administrators

Hi, Ted, and welcome to the forum. The forum is KJB, without apology. We do have some members who accept other versions and we don't shun them. In fact, there have been some very interesting, educational threads on the matter. However, as I'm sure you've read, we ask that members post only KJB verses.

Being blunt has it's usefulness, as does discretion (we all know that Jesus told His disciples to be wise as serpents, harmless as doves...). We are glad to have you with us, but just a word of caution: making statements with the intent of stirring the pot isn't a really good idea for a noOB. It sets a precedent that perhaps that new member may only be here to cause trouble - kwim? Then, members tend to look askance at the majority of the noOB's postings for awhile.

Again, welcome. My hubby and I prayed about going to Ireland as missionaries. That didn't work out, but that experience gave us a stronger love for missionaries. God bless your efforts there in New Zealand. I'm sure other members would echo me when I say we would love to hear about your field and the people with whom you work!

(as to nom de plume - my screen name should be what we all are :thumb: )

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hello Ted,

Welcome from England.

When I was at school we used to have a man visit to tell us about various countries. He said he had various jOBs around the world including being a cowboy in Argentina. He played a zither so we always called him the zither man. Each time he came he said, today I want to tell you about New Zealand, never spoke on anything else. He showed lantern slides of NZ, and did a Maori war dance. We saw pictures of galciers and hot springs with children bathing in them. I always wanted to visit NZ after that, but I never did.

David
Whitstable, Kent
The Garden of England

Edited by Invicta